Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Why did I feel like Jimmy Raye was back calling plays gain during the 2nd half?

The utter predictability of each call was appalling. The run play in the 4th on 2nd down (predictable) right up the gut for loss of 2 which then in return resulted in a 3rd down pass completion fell short by about 2 yards....jesus

The utter predictability of each call was appalling. The run play in the 4th on 2nd down (predictable) right up the gut for loss of 2 which then in return resulted in a 3rd down pass completion fell short by about 2 yards....jesus

That fumble that was suppose to be a fumble was a crap call by the refs
As far I see the dude was still trying to get yards plus his knee was not even down

That fumble that was suppose to be a fumble was a crap call by the refs
As far I see the dude was still trying to get yards plus his knee was not even down

I was so scared when Kyle Williams made that dive to catch the punt. Good thing he caught it.

I was so scared when Kyle Williams made that dive to catch the punt. Good thing he caught it.

Great season. Can't believe some people are bagging on Alex Smith. He led us this far and then you're gonna bag on him? Come on.

Anyways, I feel bad for Kyle Williams and also some hatred but oh well. He mad 2 big mistakes that stopped us from going to the SB. 

Great season. Can't believe some people are bagging on Alex Smith. He led us this far and then you're gonna bag on him? Come on.

Anyways, I feel bad for Kyle Williams and also some hatred but oh well. He mad 2 big mistakes that stopped us from going to the SB. 

Here come the excuses
Chicago White Sox general manager Kenny Williams told ESPN.com that his son Kyle battled a shoulder injury Sunday, when he botched two punt returns in the 49ers’ 20-17 overtime defeat to the New York Giants in the NFC Championship game.

“He thinks he may have separated his shoulder in the third quarter, so he is in the training room,

Here come the excuses
Chicago White Sox general manager Kenny Williams told ESPN.com that his son Kyle battled a shoulder injury Sunday, when he botched two punt returns in the 49ers’ 20-17 overtime defeat to the New York Giants in the NFC Championship game.

“He thinks he may have separated his shoulder in the third quarter, so he is in the training room,

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

If anything, we probably needed more Jimmy Raye last night, not his playcalling but just more of a ground game. Niners abandoned the run too early in the 2nd half. Too much passing and play action on first and second down, 3rd and managable is more to Alex's skill set because we all know this bum can't connect with any zip or accuracy outside the numbers. Giants caught on to that and took away the middle of the field but Roman continued to call those plays, even Alex said Giants were playing two deep with man coverage. Shocked, no screens were called with the way that Giants' front four were pushing up the line. Gore and Hunter could have won this game for us but Roman caught the Mike Martz bug and let Alex sling it 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

If anything, we probably needed more Jimmy Raye last night, not his playcalling but just more of a ground game. Niners abandoned the run too early in the 2nd half. Too much passing and play action on first and second down, 3rd and managable is more to Alex's skill set because we all know this bum can't connect with any zip or accuracy outside the numbers. Giants caught on to that and took away the middle of the field but Roman continued to call those plays, even Alex said Giants were playing two deep with man coverage. Shocked, no screens were called with the way that Giants' front four were pushing up the line. Gore and Hunter could have won this game for us but Roman caught the Mike Martz bug and let Alex sling it 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Alex Smith wouldn't be @#!# if it weren't for Harbaugh and his prep for each and every opponent.
Alex Smith wouldn't be @#!# (wouldn't be in a position) to win games if it wasn't for the defense.

You can't believe people are bagging on a QB who can't convert a first down?

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Alex Smith wouldn't be @#!# if it weren't for Harbaugh and his prep for each and every opponent.
Alex Smith wouldn't be @#!# (wouldn't be in a position) to win games if it wasn't for the defense.

You can't believe people are bagging on a QB who can't convert a first down?

Damn man. I literally woke up frustrated. Doesn't get much worse losing than the way we did, after one our most amazing and hard fought seasons that our franchise has seen.

While Kyle Williams really, really put us in a lot of bad spots.. I can't act like I can let our offense slide for having 3 potential GW drives at the end of the 4th and OT and I dont know if we even picked up more than 10 yards on any of those drives.

This dude Kyle really tried his hardest to lose though..that fumbled reverse at the beginning of the game, dude dove to catch a punt, dude chased a rolling ball down let it hit him and ran away from it like he wouldnt get caught, argued that he didn't touch even touch it even though everybody saw that it clearly did, and then to top it off he's going to field the most critical punt of the year and not even protect he ball and we all know what happened after. He had the ability to control his mistakes, I dont know if he was nervous or if the moment was a little too big for him or what but it's a little bit annoying when 1 guy is responsible for all your turnovers in such a critical game.

This game reminded me of the 49ers that we have seen in the past, bonehead plays. We didn't score a point after the 6 minute mark of the 3rd I think it was. Alex couldnt get anything going (props to the Giants D though), we turned the ball over only 10 times this year..tied for least all time, Dashon Goldson trying to gank everyones INT's didn't help either!

Good season guys, at the start of the season none of us could have honestly expected to go to the NFCC and have a chance in OT to go to the Super Bowl. Very disappointing to go out the way we did, though.

Damn man. I literally woke up frustrated. Doesn't get much worse losing than the way we did, after one our most amazing and hard fought seasons that our franchise has seen.

While Kyle Williams really, really put us in a lot of bad spots.. I can't act like I can let our offense slide for having 3 potential GW drives at the end of the 4th and OT and I dont know if we even picked up more than 10 yards on any of those drives.

This dude Kyle really tried his hardest to lose though..that fumbled reverse at the beginning of the game, dude dove to catch a punt, dude chased a rolling ball down let it hit him and ran away from it like he wouldnt get caught, argued that he didn't touch even touch it even though everybody saw that it clearly did, and then to top it off he's going to field the most critical punt of the year and not even protect he ball and we all know what happened after. He had the ability to control his mistakes, I dont know if he was nervous or if the moment was a little too big for him or what but it's a little bit annoying when 1 guy is responsible for all your turnovers in such a critical game.

This game reminded me of the 49ers that we have seen in the past, bonehead plays. We didn't score a point after the 6 minute mark of the 3rd I think it was. Alex couldnt get anything going (props to the Giants D though), we turned the ball over only 10 times this year..tied for least all time, Dashon Goldson trying to gank everyones INT's didn't help either!

Good season guys, at the start of the season none of us could have honestly expected to go to the NFCC and have a chance in OT to go to the Super Bowl. Very disappointing to go out the way we did, though.

Tough loss but that shouldn't take away from what we accomplished this season. I know some of us, including myself, predicted 5-8 wins, and their play had me eating my words as the season progressed. To think this team was essentially the same as last year and for us to reach the NFC Championship game is a nothing short of remarkable. This game does sting but I am looking forward to the offseason to see what the Harbaugh regime has for us in store.

Tough loss but that shouldn't take away from what we accomplished this season. I know some of us, including myself, predicted 5-8 wins, and their play had me eating my words as the season progressed. To think this team was essentially the same as last year and for us to reach the NFC Championship game is a nothing short of remarkable. This game does sting but I am looking forward to the offseason to see what the Harbaugh regime has for us in store.

The niners obviously surpassed everyone's expectations and I'm glad at how the season turned but man this was a tough way to go out. So close to the super bowl and we blew it. Our formula to winning all season was great defense, special teams and winning the turnover battle. 2 of those 3 failed us on Sunday. I feel bad for Kyle but you just can't make those mistakes in a game like this. He should have been pulled after he dove for that punt. Smith's overthrows really hurt us too and don't even get me started on Crabtree.
30t6p3b.gif

As for the offseason, we need to bring back Rogers for sure and hopefully sign a WR. 

The niners obviously surpassed everyone's expectations and I'm glad at how the season turned but man this was a tough way to go out. So close to the super bowl and we blew it. Our formula to winning all season was great defense, special teams and winning the turnover battle. 2 of those 3 failed us on Sunday. I feel bad for Kyle but you just can't make those mistakes in a game like this. He should have been pulled after he dove for that punt. Smith's overthrows really hurt us too and don't even get me started on Crabtree.
30t6p3b.gif

As for the offseason, we need to bring back Rogers for sure and hopefully sign a WR. 

at this point i wouldnt mind roman take another head coaching job. his play calling was too questionable at times during the season. (i hope harbaugh wasnt calling the plays)

at this point i wouldnt mind roman take another head coaching job. his play calling was too questionable at times during the season. (i hope harbaugh wasnt calling the plays)

Not ready to talk or ready anything about football guys..
frown.gif

What makes me upset is that the Giants didn't beat us. We shot ourselves in the foot when it mattered most...

Amazing season though and im proud of my team. One reception for three yards is unacceptable though...
sick.gif

Time to focus on the Kings 
alien.gif

GO NINERS!

Not ready to talk or ready anything about football guys..
frown.gif

What makes me upset is that the Giants didn't beat us. We shot ourselves in the foot when it mattered most...

Amazing season though and im proud of my team. One reception for three yards is unacceptable though...
sick.gif

Time to focus on the Kings 
alien.gif

GO NINERS!

Back
Top Bottom