Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by What up

Just heard the Niners have an offer on the table to Alex Smith and they won't be going after Manning.

They better %$%++!@ getting Vincent Jackson/Mike Wallace then ... %#@!!
What's the point of Mike Wallace or Vincent Jackson if we're going to have a QB who'll overthrow and throw the ball at their knees en route to 1 for 13 in 3rd down conversions.
He's going to be our quarterback regardless.  I'd rather have actual decent receivers that he's overthrowing.

Just heard the Niners have an offer on the table to Alex Smith and they won't be going after Manning.

What's the point of Mike Wallace or Vincent Jackson if we're going to have a QB who'll overthrow and throw the ball at their knees en route to 1 for 13 in 3rd down conversions.
He's going to be our quarterback regardless.  I'd rather have actual decent receivers that he's overthrowing.

Yeah honestly as much as the majority of the Faithful wants Peyton, Jimmy likes Alex. That's all that should matter to us. Although, I like Morgan a lot. He was our consistent receiver until he got hurt. Crabtree just isn't going to cut it. Mike Wallace would be 
pimp.gif

Yeah honestly as much as the majority of the Faithful wants Peyton, Jimmy likes Alex. That's all that should matter to us. Although, I like Morgan a lot. He was our consistent receiver until he got hurt. Crabtree just isn't going to cut it. Mike Wallace would be 
pimp.gif

Wallace is an RFA with a 1st rd pick tender, I don't feel like SFO is gonna sign him.

Wallace is an RFA with a 1st rd pick tender, I don't feel like SFO is gonna sign him.

Wow didn't even know this was here. I say we keep Alex Smith and get Wallace also. I'm sure Alex learned a lot last season and we weren't too far off from the getting to the Superbowl so we don't really need drastic change, just improvements in certain areas and refinement in our sharpness as a whole.

Wow didn't even know this was here. I say we keep Alex Smith and get Wallace also. I'm sure Alex learned a lot last season and we weren't too far off from the getting to the Superbowl so we don't really need drastic change, just improvements in certain areas and refinement in our sharpness as a whole.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

the offer for alex aint new. they offered him 3 years, he wants 5

If we give Alex anything more than 3 years...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I know. I'm hoping somebody else overpays for him and forces the front office to go after manning

I'd love to see them pick up colston AND meachem, draft 2 more wrs and cut kyle williams

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

the offer for alex aint new. they offered him 3 years, he wants 5

If we give Alex anything more than 3 years...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I know. I'm hoping somebody else overpays for him and forces the front office to go after manning

I'd love to see them pick up colston AND meachem, draft 2 more wrs and cut kyle williams

What you guys are failing to understand is that Mike Wallace wouldnt be Mike Wallace with Alex throwing him the ball. Part of what makes Wallace so good was Ben Roethlisberger extending plays which allowed Wallace's speed to wreak havoc on the defense. When Ben extends plays, he constantly has his eyes downfield in search of his receivers breaking free. When Alex extends plays, he either puts his head down and runs, or focuses his eyes on his checkdowns.

So we could waste our first rounder and a big salary on Mike Wallace. But we wouldnt be getting the Mike Wallace everyone is used to seeing due to our inadequacies at the quarterback position.

What you guys are failing to understand is that Mike Wallace wouldnt be Mike Wallace with Alex throwing him the ball. Part of what makes Wallace so good was Ben Roethlisberger extending plays which allowed Wallace's speed to wreak havoc on the defense. When Ben extends plays, he constantly has his eyes downfield in search of his receivers breaking free. When Alex extends plays, he either puts his head down and runs, or focuses his eyes on his checkdowns.

So we could waste our first rounder and a big salary on Mike Wallace. But we wouldnt be getting the Mike Wallace everyone is used to seeing due to our inadequacies at the quarterback position.

I don't care.

I don't want to see the Kyle Williams, Zieglers, and Brent Swains lining up at WR anymore. Throwing it 40 yards to Wallace x3 a game would be enough.

(Good point though).

I don't care.

I don't want to see the Kyle Williams, Zieglers, and Brent Swains lining up at WR anymore. Throwing it 40 yards to Wallace x3 a game would be enough.

(Good point though).

Originally Posted by Hugo

having manning can also help smith improve. teach him a few tricks

We ain't bringing in Manning and signing Smith.
laugh.gif

It seems pretty clear than we aren't going to make a run at Manning which is really disappointing to me. Mike Wallace or VJax would be
pimp.gif
. I'd rather get one of those guys than 2 decent WR's. We need a number 1 option. 

Back
Top Bottom