Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

pimp.gif

I believe Alex can get it done with a receiver that can get separation!! He hooks up with VD, he can do it with Moss as well. Even Jerry Rice complained how Crab cannot get any separation. Now we have two deep threats, with the middle open for crab and gore/hunter.

I believe Alex can get it done with a receiver that can get separation!! He hooks up with VD, he can do it with Moss as well. Even Jerry Rice complained how Crab cannot get any separation. Now we have two deep threats, with the middle open for crab and gore/hunter.

"straight cash homie" 
pimp.gif

but bum #%$ Alex Smith better elevate his game. Yes I love the 49ers but I still hate him.

"straight cash homie" 
pimp.gif

but bum #%$ Alex Smith better elevate his game. Yes I love the 49ers but I still hate him.

im secretly hoping alex doesnt sign before the cutoff today. Then outta nowhere, PM makes it known it was SF he's been eyeing all along.

im secretly hoping alex doesnt sign before the cutoff today. Then outta nowhere, PM makes it known it was SF he's been eyeing all along.

Signed former Bronco Perrish Cox, him and Rogers would be good, but I think this move means that they might not be able to resign Rogers.

Signed former Bronco Perrish Cox, him and Rogers would be good, but I think this move means that they might not be able to resign Rogers.

byline_matt_maiocco2.png

The clock is ticking on the start of free agency. At 1 p.m., as many as 14 players who finished last season on the 49ers could be allowed to begin shopping their services around the league.

Here's a look at those players:

QB Alex Smith: The 49ers have an offer on the table that Smith and his agent have contemplated for some time. CEO Jed York said on Monday, "The ball's in his court." Over the weekend, Smith promised, "It will get done." Let's put it this way -- it should get done. And, perhaps, even before 1 p.m.
http://
CB Carlos Rogers: He slipped through the cracks of free agency a year ago, settling for a one-year contract. He produced with six interceptions and a Pro Bowl season with the 49ers. Rogers had hoped the 49ers would come through with a satisfying multi-year offer before the start of free agency. But it hasn't happened. The day after the season, Rogers said, "Will they (the 49ers) be able to match the highest bid if I hit free agency and still keep this team together? Probably not." If there's a soft market for Rogers, who turns 31 in July, he could be back with 49ers. Right now, that appears unlikely, as Howard Balzer of 101 Sports (St. Louis) reports that the Rams have targeted Rogers.

RG Adam Snyder: Of all their starting jobs on the offensive line, Snyder's spot at right guard is the only one in question. The 49ers drafted Daniel Kilgore a year ago, and he has a chance to win a starting job. Snyder has value with his ability to play every spot on the line, so his return would make sense.

WR Joshua Morgan: The 49ers still want Morgan back after signing Randy Moss to a reported $2.5 million deal for 2012. At this point, Morgan might want to see what's available on the open market. He said he is fine after sustaining a season-ending broken leg early last season. And there is expected to be some interest around the league.

byline_matt_maiocco2.png

The clock is ticking on the start of free agency. At 1 p.m., as many as 14 players who finished last season on the 49ers could be allowed to begin shopping their services around the league.

Here's a look at those players:

QB Alex Smith: The 49ers have an offer on the table that Smith and his agent have contemplated for some time. CEO Jed York said on Monday, "The ball's in his court." Over the weekend, Smith promised, "It will get done." Let's put it this way -- it should get done. And, perhaps, even before 1 p.m.
http://
CB Carlos Rogers: He slipped through the cracks of free agency a year ago, settling for a one-year contract. He produced with six interceptions and a Pro Bowl season with the 49ers. Rogers had hoped the 49ers would come through with a satisfying multi-year offer before the start of free agency. But it hasn't happened. The day after the season, Rogers said, "Will they (the 49ers) be able to match the highest bid if I hit free agency and still keep this team together? Probably not." If there's a soft market for Rogers, who turns 31 in July, he could be back with 49ers. Right now, that appears unlikely, as Howard Balzer of 101 Sports (St. Louis) reports that the Rams have targeted Rogers.

RG Adam Snyder: Of all their starting jobs on the offensive line, Snyder's spot at right guard is the only one in question. The 49ers drafted Daniel Kilgore a year ago, and he has a chance to win a starting job. Snyder has value with his ability to play every spot on the line, so his return would make sense.

WR Joshua Morgan: The 49ers still want Morgan back after signing Randy Moss to a reported $2.5 million deal for 2012. At this point, Morgan might want to see what's available on the open market. He said he is fine after sustaining a season-ending broken leg early last season. And there is expected to be some interest around the league.

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

He replaces ginn not rogers

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

He replaces ginn not rogers

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

All I gotta say is that I hope he has to pay for that #84. Think about it.

Even though he possibly will only be with us for a year, I think I am going to cop that jersey. I already have a Crabtree and VD so a jersey of one of my favorite players ever, on my squad is a must!

Prolly in the same boat as you. Moss Niners jersey? ohhellyeah.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

All I gotta say is that I hope he has to pay for that #84. Think about it.

Even though he possibly will only be with us for a year, I think I am going to cop that jersey. I already have a Crabtree and VD so a jersey of one of my favorite players ever, on my squad is a must!

Prolly in the same boat as you. Moss Niners jersey? ohhellyeah.

Back
Top Bottom