Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Do it jed!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

I dont see how denver and tennessee could be attractive options compared to SF unless he wants to stay in the AFC and play in the state where he went to college. SF gives him the best chance to win SBs now. Moss probably knew all about this when he signed.

Edit- Just heard Manning showed interest and made first  contact with the niners

Where did you read that he contacted the 9ers first?
Clarification/correction - A owner of a 2011 playoff team said they wouldnt pursue manning unless he contacted them first.  that team is believed to be the 49ers. 

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

I dont see how denver and tennessee could be attractive options compared to SF unless he wants to stay in the AFC and play in the state where he went to college. SF gives him the best chance to win SBs now. Moss probably knew all about this when he signed.

Edit- Just heard Manning showed interest and made first  contact with the niners

Where did you read that he contacted the 9ers first?
Clarification/correction - A owner of a 2011 playoff team said they wouldnt pursue manning unless he contacted them first.  that team is believed to be the 49ers. 

100Proof, when I wrote that it was 5 year $69 mil, then I seen he just corrected himself
laugh.gif

Anyway just do it!!

100Proof, when I wrote that it was 5 year $69 mil, then I seen he just corrected himself
laugh.gif

Anyway just do it!!

I don't think they needed to broadcast their interest in Manning. Doing it in a stealthy manner is fine, they don't owe it to us. As long as they're exploring the avenues, that's what matters.

They probably needed to see who they got as a wide receiver because the current core wasn't going to sway Manning...

I don't think they needed to broadcast their interest in Manning. Doing it in a stealthy manner is fine, they don't owe it to us. As long as they're exploring the avenues, that's what matters.

They probably needed to see who they got as a wide receiver because the current core wasn't going to sway Manning...

If its that much money, I dont think there is anyway we sign him. You would have to forgo the draft, or start dumping contracts of some of your most prominent players and I think the deadline for it to not count against your cap is already up. If we sign in, I'm all in. If we dont, what kind of relationship does JH have with Alex after this? Alex probably didnt sign b\c he wanted PM to sign first so he doesnt have to sit as a back-up. Smart move if thats the case.

If its that much money, I dont think there is anyway we sign him. You would have to forgo the draft, or start dumping contracts of some of your most prominent players and I think the deadline for it to not count against your cap is already up. If we sign in, I'm all in. If we dont, what kind of relationship does JH have with Alex after this? Alex probably didnt sign b\c he wanted PM to sign first so he doesnt have to sit as a back-up. Smart move if thats the case.

I think we're out of the running because the Broncos and Titans are offering a contract closer to what he was receiving previously.

I think we're out of the running because the Broncos and Titans are offering a contract closer to what he was receiving previously.

I just got the news and *%%! is blowing my mind! DO IT. It's Peyton Manning. Give him whatever he wants. +@%% ALEX! Peyton to Moss or Vernon Davis = TEARS, LEGIT #%%#*+$ TEARS.

I just got the news and *%%! is blowing my mind! DO IT. It's Peyton Manning. Give him whatever he wants. +@%% ALEX! Peyton to Moss or Vernon Davis = TEARS, LEGIT #%%#*+$ TEARS.

WOW it's great to hear we're in the running for Peyton. Down to to 3 teams and 9ers are 1 of them. Can't ask for much more

I'm trying not to get to juiced cause I know it's really only like a 33% shot to get him but I'm ready man. Manning to moss though?? get it done boys

Originally Posted by Andrew630

We all know you are one of the biggest Alex fans on this board (up until recently. I could have sworn NT23 wasnt like this in the past.).....

But if you are 36 year old, future HOFer Peyton Manning, what do you value more?  A $12-14M a year contract with a team built to win the Superbowl or a $15-18M contract with a team that isnt very good?

Thats what I thought.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

We all know you are one of the biggest Alex fans on this board (up until recently. I could have sworn NT23 wasnt like this in the past.).....

But if you are 36 year old, future HOFer Peyton Manning, what do you value more?  A $12-14M a year contract with a team built to win the Superbowl or a $15-18M contract with a team that isnt very good?

Thats what I thought.

WOW it's great to hear we're in the running for Peyton. Down to to 3 teams and 9ers are 1 of them. Can't ask for much more

I'm trying not to get to juiced cause I know it's really only like a 33% shot to get him but I'm ready man. Manning to moss though?? get it done boys

Damn it, my hopes are way high and that's with me controlling them. We have to make this happenand Im actually one of the Alex Smith believers

Back
Top Bottom