Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by What up

Please, no one tell Miami that Matt Moore is better than Alex Smith.

I know what you're trying to say here.. but trust me. Moore is worse and it's not close

I know what you're trying to say here.. but trust me. Moore is worse and it's not close

Originally Posted by offbad

Alex Smith willing to be Niners’ backup plan to Peyton Manning

According to Jason Cole, Smith will not sign with the Dolphins unless the Niners sign Manning. Even if the Dolphins offer more than the Niners, Smith wants to be in California. In other words, he wants to swallow his pride and win.

this doesnt make sense.......why is there an offer on the table for him and he hasnt signed it yet?   why would jim say this was his guy, offer him a contract that he hasnt signed and then go after peyton?
something doesnt seem right in all this.........there has to be something else going on behind that scenes that we dont know about.

According to Jason Cole, Smith will not sign with the Dolphins unless the Niners sign Manning. Even if the Dolphins offer more than the Niners, Smith wants to be in California. In other words, he wants to swallow his pride and win.

this doesnt make sense.......why is there an offer on the table for him and he hasnt signed it yet?   why would jim say this was his guy, offer him a contract that he hasnt signed and then go after peyton?
something doesnt seem right in all this.........there has to be something else going on behind that scenes that we dont know about.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

<It's smart for both the niners and smith... They have an offer for smith but are still aiming for manning. If manning signs with the niners, Alex can take on more money and start with the dolphins. If we don't sign manning, he signs with the niners where he can finish what he started. Niners are really in the drivers seat from here on out...

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

<It's smart for both the niners and smith... They have an offer for smith but are still aiming for manning. If manning signs with the niners, Alex can take on more money and start with the dolphins. If we don't sign manning, he signs with the niners where he can finish what he started. Niners are really in the drivers seat from here on out...

Originally Posted by thejrob

How is it not close?

16 Games
61.3 completion %
3,144 yards
7.1 YPA
17 TDs
5 INTs
90.7 QBR

13 Games
60.5 completion %
2,497 yards
7.2 YPA
16 TDs
9 INTs
87.1 QBR

So again, how is it not close?  This is also completely putting aside the fact that Moore ha 23 games of NFL experience before this season.

(Sorry, I am just getting so tired of this double standard with Alex.  Alex is granted every excuse in the book to rationalize his lack of performance, yet QBs of other teams just suck.  As if other QBs dont have to deal with a shaky line, lack of weapons, lack of continuity, etc.)

Originally Posted by thejrob

How is it not close?

16 Games
61.3 completion %
3,144 yards
7.1 YPA
17 TDs
5 INTs
90.7 QBR

13 Games
60.5 completion %
2,497 yards
7.2 YPA
16 TDs
9 INTs
87.1 QBR

So again, how is it not close?  This is also completely putting aside the fact that Moore ha 23 games of NFL experience before this season.

(Sorry, I am just getting so tired of this double standard with Alex.  Alex is granted every excuse in the book to rationalize his lack of performance, yet QBs of other teams just suck.  As if other QBs dont have to deal with a shaky line, lack of weapons, lack of continuity, etc.)

Can't believe teams are even interested in Alex Smith, why?

If I was a niner fan I'd take Hasselback or Matt Moore over Alex, even take Leinart over Alex

What was the final numbers for Mario?

Can't believe teams are even interested in Alex Smith, why?

If I was a niner fan I'd take Hasselback or Matt Moore over Alex, even take Leinart over Alex

What was the final numbers for Mario?

Of course I would love for us to sign Peyton, but even if we don't as long as Alex Smith is gone from the 49ers that's all I can ask for.  It will feel like a dark cloud has been lifted away from the organization and team the day that Alex Smith leaves. 

Of course I would love for us to sign Peyton, but even if we don't as long as Alex Smith is gone from the 49ers that's all I can ask for.  It will feel like a dark cloud has been lifted away from the organization and team the day that Alex Smith leaves. 

ESPN is reporting that Manning has contacted Broncos to open up negotiations.

30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom