Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by NobleKane

man its all good. dont nobody wanna sign alex smith. he will still be there if we miss out on manning and if he isnt oh well.

this

Originally Posted by What up

If we miss out on Manning and the Dolphins do us a favor and sign Smith, I hope we offer Flynn somewhere between $7-10 million for one year.

CK won't be ready and Flynn can hold it down while proving to the league he's not a one-game wonder.

Alex Smith is trying to get leverage when he still doesn't have any.
i share similar sentiments.

is manningham gonna be WR3? or is bum @@% crabtree gonna get pushed down the depth chart.

Originally Posted by What up

If we miss out on Manning and the Dolphins do us a favor and sign Smith, I hope we offer Flynn somewhere between $7-10 million for one year.

CK won't be ready and Flynn can hold it down while proving to the league he's not a one-game wonder.

Alex Smith is trying to get leverage when he still doesn't have any.
i share similar sentiments.

is manningham gonna be WR3? or is bum @@% crabtree gonna get pushed down the depth chart.

I'm assuming Crabs will still enter training camp as the #1, Manningham #2 and Moss can work his way up the ladder at #3.

I'm assuming Crabs will still enter training camp as the #1, Manningham #2 and Moss can work his way up the ladder at #3.

if we do land manning, do we finally see ehat crabs is capable of or have u guys given up on him?

if we do land manning, do we finally see ehat crabs is capable of or have u guys given up on him?

I don't think anyone has given up on Crabtree. We'll finally get to see what he can do with an elite QB (fingers crossed).

I don't think anyone has given up on Crabtree. We'll finally get to see what he can do with an elite QB (fingers crossed).

Out of everything thats gone on w/ free agency, this is my favorite

Quarterback Alex Smith did not sign the 49ers' contract offer, which was presented to him weeks ago, because he sought more security from the organization whose coach called him "elite."
Read more: Moving parts aplenty in 49ers' QB drama

Alex bought into his own hype
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

who the hell does alex smith think he is
Well......I have to assume that what Harbaugh was saying to the media all season long, in effort to pump up Alex's confidence, was taken literally by Alex (that he was elite, a Pro Bowler, etc.). 

There is no one to blame but Alex in this situation (apparently the 3/$24M has been on the table since DECEMBER).

Well......I have to assume that what Harbaugh was saying to the media all season long, in effort to pump up Alex's confidence, was taken literally by Alex (that he was elite, a Pro Bowler, etc.). 

There is no one to blame but Alex in this situation (apparently the 3/$24M has been on the table since DECEMBER).

Originally Posted by dland24

So let me get this straight, if Alex wanted he could give his agent a call and tell him that he wants to sign with the 49ers or is that offer off the table now that Manning is supposedly in the mix? Dude is dumb.

So let me get this straight, if Alex wanted he could give his agent a call and tell him that he wants to sign with the 49ers or is that offer off the table now that Manning is supposedly in the mix? Dude is dumb.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

My guess is that the offer is on hold until peyton chooses a team, Alex should have signed the contract the moment the colts cut manning

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

My guess is that the offer is on hold until peyton chooses a team, Alex should have signed the contract the moment the colts cut manning

Back
Top Bottom