Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports that the 49ers made a one-year offer to Smith before the work stoppage, but Smith decided to choose to see what’s behind door No. 2 in free agency.

It's like a bad relationship that simply won't end, constant fighting and fussing but yet the two still manage to get right back with each other.

jim harbaugh is a master at developing college QBs. He has a track record of doing so. but whats his track record of developing already broken NFL QBs? oh right he doesnt have one.  glad alex apparently is rejecting our offer. hope he signs somewhere else and makes that franchise miserable for the length of his contract.

jim harbaugh is a master at developing college QBs. He has a track record of doing so. but whats his track record of developing already broken NFL QBs? oh right he doesnt have one.  glad alex apparently is rejecting our offer. hope he signs somewhere else and makes that franchise miserable for the length of his contract.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Yeah, Carolina ain't taking Cam..

My original thought was that they wouldnt take Cam here either.  But a TON of reports are saying that they will.

My original thought was that they wouldnt take Cam here either.  But a TON of reports are saying that they will.

Originally Posted by kwh3

I could see the Browns screwing everything up and take Peterson or even the Cardinals. I'd be happy with Prince too. 

Why would the Browns? They have 2 young corners on roster Haden and Wight.

Originally Posted by kwh3

I could see the Browns screwing everything up and take Peterson or even the Cardinals. I'd be happy with Prince too. 

Why would the Browns? They have 2 young corners on roster Haden and Wight.

Originally Posted by dland24

IMO there's always a possibility of a QB going #1, and it isn't like Carolina already has a good QB on their roster. Especially as the draft nears closer, I'm sure there's going to be more rumblings about them possibly taking Newton.

We're in a great position draft-wise. We can see how the chips fall and get a very, very good player, hopefully it's Peterson but someone else from Miller or Dareus would all be great. Really can't go wrong anywhere.

IMO there's always a possibility of a QB going #1, and it isn't like Carolina already has a good QB on their roster. Especially as the draft nears closer, I'm sure there's going to be more rumblings about them possibly taking Newton.

We're in a great position draft-wise. We can see how the chips fall and get a very, very good player, hopefully it's Peterson but someone else from Miller or Dareus would all be great. Really can't go wrong anywhere.

At first I thought Rivera would stick with his specialty and take a defensive player, but their offense seems like the much bigger issue
hard to tell

At first I thought Rivera would stick with his specialty and take a defensive player, but their offense seems like the much bigger issue
hard to tell

Cam has the highest ceiling of any player in this draft and it isn't up for debate. Hell, Harbaugh said he has the highest ceiling of any QB to come out in roughly the past 10 years. That type of talent deserves serious consideration for the #1 pick.

Cam has the highest ceiling of any player in this draft and it isn't up for debate. Hell, Harbaugh said he has the highest ceiling of any QB to come out in roughly the past 10 years. That type of talent deserves serious consideration for the #1 pick.

I think Rivera is more defensive oriented, he'd be more inclined to take an offensive player with the pick and worry about the D with later picks (ala Mike Shanahan trading Portis for Champ). Not sure what they do with Clausen though.

I think Rivera is more defensive oriented, he'd be more inclined to take an offensive player with the pick and worry about the D with later picks (ala Mike Shanahan trading Portis for Champ). Not sure what they do with Clausen though.

Originally Posted by LB510

I'd rather see a lockout than another year of Alex Smith.

Sad but true.
laugh.gif

I know we don't have many options at QB but I would take anyone not named Alex Smith or David Carr. 

Originally Posted by LB510

I'd rather see a lockout than another year of Alex Smith.

Sad but true.
laugh.gif

I know we don't have many options at QB but I would take anyone not named Alex Smith or David Carr. 

Back
Top Bottom