Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

wish you guys could do me a favor and take Kaepernick so Al would calm down and actually take someone useful in the 2nd
laugh.gif

wish you guys could do me a favor and take Kaepernick so Al would calm down and actually take someone useful in the 2nd
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif

Kaepernick is not the fastest available player in the draft.  You dont have to worry.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif

Kaepernick is not the fastest available player in the draft.  You dont have to worry.

Kapernick has way more upside than Nate Davis.

There's still some good players on the board.  Aaron Williams or Ras-I Dowling is who I'm hoping for but if we go QB I hope its Kapernick

Kapernick has way more upside than Nate Davis.

There's still some good players on the board.  Aaron Williams or Ras-I Dowling is who I'm hoping for but if we go QB I hope its Kapernick

Originally Posted by dland24

Fangio on Aldon Smith's position change: "its not going to be easy on him. Its a huge transition and he is going to have to work hard ane be patient. Might not see immediate results." (on knbr)

SO WHY THE %@%% DID WE DRAFT HIM THEN?!?!?

The 7th pick needs to be an immediate help. FML.

Baalke said “We feel very good about the pick, very good about him developing sooner rather than later. We’re not looking at this as a project. This is a guy that has a lot of talent that we’re just going to get on the field and get into the rotation as quickly as we can.

Originally Posted by dland24

Fangio on Aldon Smith's position change: "its not going to be easy on him. Its a huge transition and he is going to have to work hard ane be patient. Might not see immediate results." (on knbr)

SO WHY THE %@%% DID WE DRAFT HIM THEN?!?!?

The 7th pick needs to be an immediate help. FML.

Baalke said “We feel very good about the pick, very good about him developing sooner rather than later. We’re not looking at this as a project. This is a guy that has a lot of talent that we’re just going to get on the field and get into the rotation as quickly as we can.

From peter king

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2011/teams/49ers.html
7. San Francisco: Everyone's surprised about Aldon Smith at 7, but clearly the Niners thought Smith was the second-best pass-rusher in the draft, behind Miller -- and ahead of UNC's Robert Quinn. "The pick speaks for how they were rated on our board. Aldon was just rated higher,'' GM Trent Baalke said late last night. But the fans in the Bay Area are still waiting for a quarterback -- rightfully. "There are situations out there that will allow us to address the position. You have to let them play out,'' Baalke said. Sounds like a Kevin Kolb or Matt Hasselbeck might be coming to town.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...04/29/2011-nfl-draft/index.html#ixzz1KuGsFoKq

I'd like to get Kolb but where'd he come up w/ hasselbeck?

From peter king

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2011/teams/49ers.html
7. San Francisco: Everyone's surprised about Aldon Smith at 7, but clearly the Niners thought Smith was the second-best pass-rusher in the draft, behind Miller -- and ahead of UNC's Robert Quinn. "The pick speaks for how they were rated on our board. Aldon was just rated higher,'' GM Trent Baalke said late last night. But the fans in the Bay Area are still waiting for a quarterback -- rightfully. "There are situations out there that will allow us to address the position. You have to let them play out,'' Baalke said. Sounds like a Kevin Kolb or Matt Hasselbeck might be coming to town.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...04/29/2011-nfl-draft/index.html#ixzz1KuGsFoKq

I'd like to get Kolb but where'd he come up w/ hasselbeck?

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

laugh.gif
I think he's going to be good. I really like him, out of all the other QBs left on the board. He has lots of upside.
He's a little boom or bust, but I've liked what I've seen from him, and watched him play against Cal and was fairly impressed.

chill not 2nd rd tho...he does have potential but so did Nate Davis and we saw how that turned out...i say take Mallett in the 2nd rd if anything...if not him grab Aaron Williams or Ras-I and get Colin in the 3rd...

I don't like Mallett. Sure he's got a nice arm, but everything else about him sucks, esp his off-the-field stuff.
sick.gif

Ok Ryan has subpar mobility...got it...but Colin is a big time project...I'm not opposed to taking him just not in the 2nd rd...3rd or 4th is more like it...and yea the off field stuff is a red flag but its not like he committed robberies or was walking around with weapons...it just comes to does the risk meet the reward and Mallett by far has the best arm in the draft and could start soon in the league...but honestly defense still has many pressing issues

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

laugh.gif
I think he's going to be good. I really like him, out of all the other QBs left on the board. He has lots of upside.
He's a little boom or bust, but I've liked what I've seen from him, and watched him play against Cal and was fairly impressed.

chill not 2nd rd tho...he does have potential but so did Nate Davis and we saw how that turned out...i say take Mallett in the 2nd rd if anything...if not him grab Aaron Williams or Ras-I and get Colin in the 3rd...

I don't like Mallett. Sure he's got a nice arm, but everything else about him sucks, esp his off-the-field stuff.
sick.gif

Ok Ryan has subpar mobility...got it...but Colin is a big time project...I'm not opposed to taking him just not in the 2nd rd...3rd or 4th is more like it...and yea the off field stuff is a red flag but its not like he committed robberies or was walking around with weapons...it just comes to does the risk meet the reward and Mallett by far has the best arm in the draft and could start soon in the league...but honestly defense still has many pressing issues

Back
Top Bottom