Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

My guess/opinion on the 25-man-playoff-roster. Rough draft. Subject to change when opponent announced.

Starting pitchers:
Tim Lincecum (1)
Matt Cain (2)
Barry Zito (3) :x
Ryan Vogelsong (4)
Madison Bumgarner (5)

Infield:
Brandon Belt (6)
Marco Scutaro (7)
Ryan Theriot ( 8 )
Pablo Sandoval (9)
Brandon Crawford (10)
Joaquín Árias (11)
Aubrey Huff (12)

Outfield
Gregor Blanco (13)
Angel Pagan (14)
Hunter Pence (15)
Xavier Nady (16)

Catchers
Buster Posey (17)
Hector Sanchez (18)

Bullpen
Sergio Romo (19)
Javier Lopez (20)
José Mijares (21)
Jeremy Affeldt (22)
Santiago Casilla (23)
Guillermo Mota (24)
Jean Machi (25)

Last edited:
I'd actually prefer to play the Reds. I would start Cain and Lincecum the first two games because I think Bumgarner would pitch better on the road.

Giants have been in California for a long time and won't be leaving until October 7th.

Last edited:
Something else to look at is the Giants' record in day games. 30-31 :x :smh:

Last edited:
Nice list...nothing jumps out to me.

Also, let's not forget how many HRs were hit by the Nat's when we were getting demolished in DC.

I thought I read over the weekend of sometime today that he actually has a chance to make it...Huff that is. They'd have speed with Arias, no?

Which opposing NL team are you guys most worried and troubled with in the coming playoffs?

Due to the Giants clinching early, I'd want them to avoid playing the Wild Card winner who will be coming off a big adrenaline rush (although you could say the Wild Card winner will be at a disadvantage presumably burning their #1 starter to win the play-in game)

My bold prediction: Cards/Braves winner is going to upset the Nats in the NLDS (if the current standings hold up) and in that case, I do like the Giants' chances against the Reds a little more.

the reds are TOUGH. i rather have them play braves/cards than the reds... but ^^^his wild card thing makes sense too

not sure if i'd want huff on the roster.

sure he's been a hot pinch hitter, but his legs are SHOT. say he gets on base, he'll automatically have to be replaced for a PR. that is not the business.

I thought I read over the weekend of sometime today that he actually has a chance to make it...Huff that is. They'd have speed with Arias, no?

What if Arias is brought in the 7th/8th for defense. And Blanco is in LF. In the situation that Huff has to pinch and happens to get on base, he needs a PR. Then the only choice really is to put in a pitcher to PR and thats something they coaches dont wanna do.

Get another speed guy on the roster. Its more valuable for this team.

Back
Top Bottom