Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

Schulman said Hensley most likely wont make it. I'd take more speed and give up Mota.

Mota is a good guy to have. Leaving off Huff might be the way to go. Bochy loves to have a deep bullpen.

I wouldn't mind Puegero on the team. He is fast and has shown he can steal a base.

Last edited:
Arizona Diamondbacks Lineup
Eaton, CF
Hill, 2B
Upton, RF
Montero, C
Goldschmidt, 1B
Kubel, LF
Wheeler, 3B
McDonald, SS
Collmenter, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Pagan, CF
Scutaro, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Posey, 1B
Pence, RF
Sanchez, C
Blanco, LF
Crawford, SS
Lincecum, RHP

With Lincecum's struggles tonight, I have no clue how the rotation will look for the postseason. Honestly feel better about Zito going 5-6 innings a game over Lincecum, Vogelsong I think will be fine for the postseason as the #3 man.

he'll be fine

One can only hope so. His command has been horrible all year and he has slowly been regaining it. Last night he went back to level one.

Maybe it's just the Diamondbacks that give him trouble.

He's statistically the worst pitcher in the NL.

Last edited:
No surprise. That would've been a PR nightmare.

If he came back and played well he'd be ridiculed for still being on PEDs.
If he completely blows, "He's worthless without PEDs!"

Lose/lose for the image of the club.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back next season. The price has to be right, of course.

of course it's a PR move, but why would you want to go to battle with someone who put himself before the 'team'?

he did they wrong...so be it. On to the next.

Although it would be nice to have him on the roster, Melky isn't necessarily needed. Pagan got hot after he left, Scutaro has been the bat that filled in for him, and Buster put the team on his back and said "I'll get us there."

When we first learned Melk was suspended all the analysts said his presence equated to 1 win and that if could be crucial going to the final series. Well we won outright with 10 to go and his absence has made a difference, just not the difference experts thought. Everybody else picked up the slack sans Blanco. We'll be fine without Melky in October.

Eaton, CF
Hill, 2B
Upton, RF
Montero, C
Goldschmidt, 1B
Parra, LF
Ransom, 3B
McDonald, SS
Miley, LHP

Pagan, CF
Scutaro, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Posey, C
Pence, RF
Nady, LF
Belt, 1B
Crawford, SS
Cain, RHP

At least we get time to see Mota pitch before the playoffs and determine if he can be useful. With Melky we don't know how he'll perform, if the PED were a huge factor or if they were not a huge factor. Would I be opposed to him coming back, no, but do I understand their decision to leave him off, yes.

Pollock, CF
Hill, 2B
Upton, RF
Goldschmidt, 1B
Montero, C
Kubel, LF
Ransom, 3B
Elmore, SS
Corbin, LHP

Pagan, CF
Scutaro, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Posey, 1B
Pence, RF
Belt, LF
Sanchez, C
Arias, SS
Zito, LHP

Last home game of the regular season.

Last edited:
Hunter Pence is horrible right now. :x

He needs to pick up now...like now. :smh:

He looks lost up there. I think the ballpark is frustrating him. He's been AT&T'd a few times.

Back
Top Bottom