Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

Fading Timmy tonight. $118 to win $100. And yes, I still cheer for the Giants.

Been fading Timmy pretty much all season with the same attitude. Hope we win, but why shouldnt I make money when Timmy gets bombed again. Was pretty cool getting huge +s against Timmy for the first couple months. :lol:

What dont you understand bro? How people can bet on baseball, or how its done in general?

I THINK he meant in general, but I'm done putting money against the Giants. I admit I was doing that in the beginning of the year, but I kept losing cause Timmy would have a good game. :smh:

This year is the first year I have ever bet against the Giants (well, I put a bet on the Rangers to win the World Series against us, only because I put a bet on the Giants to win the World Series before the Braves series started....and I wanted to make sure I won either way :lol: )

But betting against Timmy has been a gold mine this year. Its funny that every time, I am rooting for myself to lose money. But for the majority of the time, I havent.

How it's done...it's not as straight forward as other sports (i.e. NBA/NFL).

Its kind of backwards. In the NFL and NBA, you typically bet with a spread, but there is also a Moneyline (which just means straight up win if you didnt know). In baseball, typically people just bet on the moneyline. Every baseball game has a runline (or spread) too, but it is ALWAYS a run and a half.

Lets use tonight as an example. Currently, my bookie has the Giants as slight underdogs, and the moneyline is +110. What that means is if I bet $100 on the Giants to win and we do, I will win $110. The dodgers are -120.....which means you need to bet $120 to win $100.

If you think the dodgers will cover the runline (or spread) and win by more than 1, betting $100 will win you $175. The Giants' runline is +1.5 (meaning if you bet this the Giants could either win or lose by 1 and you win), and you would need to bet $205 to win $100.

Hopefully I was clear with this. Its confusing at first but pretty straight forward as soon as you understand the runlines and what not.

Through 122 games last year the Giants were 66-56 with 420 runs scored - 429 runs scored against.

This year they are 67-55 with 522 runs scored - 492 runs scored against.

What the hell Sanchez? First you can't throw back to the pitcher now you throw a one hopper to Posey.

Last edited:
All I was hoping for was six solid innings and I was confident that would happen after five. But damn he was starting to have one of those innings again and Bochy said enough. We need to get more runs not the time to settle.

Last edited:
Timmy ran out of gas. I'm glad Bochy is finally learning not to leave him in for that extra batter. Oh, and I didn't get my bet in. :lol:

Plenty of game left, though.

Another great ballgame. Couldnt be happier with how we performed so far this series. Cain on the mound tomorrow and a chance at a sweep? Lets get it!! I am already content with 2 wins.

Back
Top Bottom