Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

I understand the concept of establishing your fastball early, but 13 straight? Is that really what happened? Turned the game on a little late.

13 straight is beyond OD, and one of the guys on the Rise Guys said that he thought Vogelsong's outing went bad after the first at bat.

I understand the concept of establishing your fastball early, but 13 straight? Is that really what happened? Turned the game on a little late.
13 straight is beyond OD, and one of the guys on the Rise Guys said that he thought Vogelsong's outing went bad after the first at bat.

The entire at bat to Cabrerra was entirely comprised of fast balls. Just some location changes, that's it.

One detail I can't recall off the top of my head is, whether or not he shook off Posey a few times during the AB.

I thought it was one of the dumbest approaches I've seen by a Giants pitcher in some time. Further, Cabrerra fouled of SEVEN in a row. SEVEN. It wasn't like a 5 pitch AB with all heaters and missed swings.

I don't know if all this "pitching angry" talk about Vogey has gone to his head or not, but he's gotta lock down the mental game right now because it's been missing.

The entire at bat to Cabrerra was entirely comprised of fast balls. Just some location changes, that's it.
One detail I can't recall off the top of my head is, whether or not he shook off Posey a few times during the AB.
I thought it was one of the dumbest approaches I've seen by a Giants pitcher in some time. Further, Cabrerra fouled of SEVEN in a row. SEVEN. It wasn't like a 5 pitch AB with all heaters and missed swings.
I don't know if all this "pitching angry" talk about Vogey has gone to his head or not, but he's gotta lock down the mental game right now because it's been missing.

I noticed he did shake off Posey a couple times during the game when batters were working the count/fouling off pitches. Not sure if it was during the Cabrera at bat but even after that when he continued to struggle he seemed stubborn to throw the pitches he wanted to.

Yeah, I know in subsequent ABs on 3-2 / 2-2 counts a lot of shake offs...

Either way, now is not the time to be out there as an idividual. Has to be a team effort. Trust your catcher.

Let me add:
DKnobler ‏@DKnobler
More bad news for Melky. @JonHeymanCBS says he could face longer suspension because of phony website. http://cbsprt.co/SdTeTh

Personally, it makes a hard decision easier. Won't have to worry about taking him back for the playoffs*

Also makes a decision on Mota, harder, too.

*Assuming we don't completely blow this.

Alex Pavlovic‏@AlexPavlovic

For second time in three games, @garybrown909 is playing left field at Double-A.

Big win tonight. Real nice start to the series for us. Great pitchers duel. Tomorrow will be different. Both pitchers are horrible. I say the first team to 7 runs wins the game.

Meanwhile, if Madison puts up more starts like this and other pitchers slide. The Cy Young award might get interesting.

:lol: With statements like Dland's you'd expect Zito to start tomorrow

Honestly there isnt much of a difference in Timmy starts and Zito starts in 2012. The only difference being that Zito has actually shoved against some good teams this year, and Timmy really hasnt.

Honestly there isnt much of a difference in Timmy starts and Zito starts in 2012. The only difference being that Zito has actually shoved against some good teams this year, and Timmy really hasnt.

No doubt. Timmy has had more Zeet-like starts than Zeet has had this year. What a year does....

Back
Top Bottom