Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

The wildcard for Zeet is the park in which he'll have to pitch. If it's Great American or DC...not sure I want that.

I honestly think the next two starts, 1 each, for Timmy and Vogey will be more telling.

Walks aside, Bummy didn't pitch bad....much better than his last two outings.

Haven't ever been keeping up the week and half because of football. Hopefully I can go to at least a couple more games after I get back from Vegas next week.

Hopefully the Raiders can help me out and just laydown like dogs Sunday... Wishful thinking I'll need more than that :lol:

Colorado Rockies Lineup
Fowler, CF
Pacheco, 1B
Gonzalez, LF
Rosario, C
Colvin, RF
Nelson, 3B
LeMahieu, 2B
Herrera, SS
Francis, LHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Pagan, CF
Scutaro, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Posey, 1B
Pence, RF
Sanchez, C
Nady, LF
Crawford, SS
Lincecum, RHP

im so ready for october
pimp.gif

does anyone have any further insight on this here

-Q: Is it odd to you that you’re regularly not catching two of the five starters and maybe two of the four playoff starters?

-POSEY: When you say I don’t catch them, I mean, I caught Zito just the other day against LA. I’ve… I haven’t caught Timmy in a while.

But it’s not like I haven’t caught them all year.

-Q: Would you expect to catch them in a big series, or a playoff series?

-POSEY: I would assume… this is just me speculating… I would think I would not catch Timmy. Zito I could see it going either way.

I think Timmy and Sanch-y have kind of found a groove and want to keep that going.

-Q: Are you hoping to catch them both–asking to catch them both? You caught everybody in 2010.

-POSEY: It’s about winning. You do whatever you need to do to win. Like I just mentioned, Timmy and Sanch-y have found a groove.

I don’t know if you’re asking if I have enough confidence to catch them…

-Q: No, I’m definitely not asking if you have enough confidence. That part I’m sure of.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...-of-truth-and-not-catching-lincecum-and-zito/

I think he's got a point, don't mess up what's been working...if anything, he'll be fresher so it's whatever. Seems he doesn't call a game Tim likes..that's what I'm taking it as.

I think he's got a point, don't mess up what's been working...if anything, he'll be fresher so it's whatever. Seems he doesn't call a game Tim likes..that's what I'm taking it as.

thanks.

i know bochy tried to downplay any rift between them earlier this summer but it seems that posey's tone is a little resigned in that interview. oh well.

I think the media is trying to over-analyze this...at the end of the day, if a pitcher and catcher aren't seeing eye to eye and you have another to get the job done, there's no issue. It's not like Tim won't pitch to him, if he has no choice he'll have to sack up if he's got some type of issue.

8.5 game lead now pending the Dodgers-Nats rain-out. :wow: :pimp:

Still seems way too easy. I won't believe Giants are in playoffs until they officially clinch >D

Last edited:
Lincecum looked decent. The Rockies didn't exactly have their best lineup out there, but the key for him, I think, is confidence and command. His command was a lot better last night. He might be finally learning how to pitch and not just throw.

If he's beating teams - no matter who it is - his confidence rises. With that, his command gets better.

The sooner the Giants can clinch this - the better they will be. A rested Lincecum is a helluva a lot better.

Last edited:
Colorado Rockies Lineup
Fowler, CF
Rutledge, SS
Gonzalez, LF
Rosario, C
Colvin, 1B
Nelson, 3B
Blackmon, RF
LeMahieu, 2B
Chatwood, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup