Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

Watching the replay of the Ladies-Singles final.  Sharapova was all there - mentally, physically to win it all.
A Monica Seles sighting, looking and dressing straight out of the 90's 
laugh.gif

BTW: companies want Sharapova to endorse their product(s), but her asking price is way too high for some.  She makes USD 25 mio. annually on endorsements alone.  However, after RG and #1 in the world, she can name her price.

Peace

I'm trying to think of other female athletes that can be as marketable as her but it's difficult 
laugh.gif
.  Hope Solo comes to mind but she hasn't won anything and can look really good at times and 
sick.gif
 other times.  Being tall, white, and blonde with a decent face rakes in the big bucks.  It also helps that people can pronounce her name and she speaks English.
I want to see Novak get a win tomorrow.

^ Hope Solo? Nah, she doesn't even come near Maria in terms of global-marketability. Solo's only known in the US... In the rest of the world, I doubt anyone would actually know who she was, unless they really followed Team USA Ladies.  Women's tennis (I think) has much more global exposure than women's football. Many folks who don't follow women's tennis closely will still have an idea of who Maria is. She's got the looks and the success (and to be fair, she had 3 slams, so the "success" was already there)... $$$
Anyway... a great moment for her.

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

Funny moment when the stadium announcer named Maria as the runner-up...
laugh.gif

x1000.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Hope Solo? Nah, she doesn't even come near Maria in terms of global-marketability. Solo's only known in the US... In the rest of the world, I doubt anyone would actually know who she was, unless they really followed Team USA Ladies.  Women's tennis (I think) has much more global exposure than women's football. Many folks who don't follow women's tennis closely will still have an idea of who Maria is. She's got the looks and the success (and to be fair, she had 3 slams, so the "success" was already there)... $$$
Anyway... a great moment for her.

1000x.jpg

Funny moment when the stadium announcer named Maria as the runner-up...
laugh.gif

Really great image.

that is a Dope Pic.

I cant wait, I havent slept at all, Imma wait for this Djoka/rafa Final to end to go to sleep

Rafa just sticking with his game... and it's already enough for a double-break against Nole. Could be a quick one.

Rafa just sticking with his game... and it's already enough for a double-break against Nole. Could be a quick one.

Don't get too excited yet. 
Djoki hasn't won all of his trophies recently for nothing...

The only issue for Djoki is that Nadal can gladly go the distance if need be...Djoki should have tried to build his lead early..

Yes, of course... that was just based on how economical Rafa's been.

Wouldn't be the first time Nole has gotten off to a slow-start, so who knows.

I was expecting the Nole-fightback to come in the 2nd!

You can't give someone with the quality of Rafa a full set without a fight....
he'll eat you alive if you only build momentum in the 2nd.

^ Yep, which was why I thought it could be a quick one. Was fully expecting Rafa to win the 1st 6-2 or something, then build on that. Nole would, of course, wake-up in the 2nd, but would eventually be steam-rolled by Rafa's momentum... haha, had it all mapped-out! All for nothing now! LOL
EDIT ~ Who's Pau's lady-friend?

Pure-class right there by Nole. Great to see such sportsmanship in this day and age where players are so competitive. Props.

Rain.. smh.

I'm not a big tennis watcher.. is there a chance they resume play today or is it reschedule tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom