Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

pimp.gif
Ana
You better avert those eyes chief. 

F Sharp, you from France or did you make the trek from somewhere?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

pimp.gif
Ana
You better avert those eyes chief. 

F Sharp, you from France or did you make the trek from somewhere?

I'm originally from Toronto, but have been living in Munich for 10+ years.  I made the trip from Munich to Paris.

The only thing I know about Wimbledon is the middle weekend, where fans line up for a ticket.  But I'll be damned if I line up for tickets on the day of.  It was just easier to get French Open tickets (online).

Peace

^ Ha, I thought you live in London!

Been to the Nurburgring Nordschleife?

Anyway... not about Roland Garros? IDGAF

I don't live in the States, but I think NBC is showing the 1st SF live on TV (NadFer) and streaming online live for the 2nd (DjoFed)

missed the rafa match but looks like I didn't miss anything but another Rafa beatdown

now time to watch Fed-Djok online. Let's pull this upset Roger

Nole takes a 2-sets to love lead!

That was such a strange, strange 2nd set... break after break after break... WTA stuff right there. Several errors from Fed in that last game too.

6-4, 7-5, 6-3 for Nole!

Lots of errors from Fed... and while it wasn't epic-play from Nole, it was economical. He'll need all the fuel he can save for Rafa.

Despite reaching the SF's for Fed, it was a pretty poor display over the 2 weeks. Lots of errors in his earlier rounds when he lost sets he normally wouldn't have. Got a bit lucky when Delpo's knee acted-up IMO.

Anyway, in terms of quality-of-tennis, you want to see a Rafa/Nole final.

once he blew the 2nd set it was a wrap.

I will be thoroughly shocked if Rafa doesn't win this on Sunday

Originally Posted by srvballer

once he blew the 2nd set it was a wrap.

I will be thoroughly shocked if Rafa doesn't win this on Sunday

Man Fed gave it away in set 2.

im going the other way, I would be shocked if Djoka doesnt win.

Yeah that 2nd set was so key. When was the last time you saw Fed up 2 breaks and still lose the set? Too many errors and as long as guys are able to continuously attack his backhand, he'll be in trouble. 
x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

Hilarious point as Rafa drop-shot'd Ferrer on his %+@, and still won the point.

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

Props to Errani who won the ladies doubles title!

x1000.jpg

Honorable-mention for Maria... just cuz.

1000x.jpg

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

If Rafa doesn't win this sunday.....IT'S OVER FOR HIM, and it hurts me to say that.

I was rooting for Sara to win 
frown.gif
Sometimes I forget Maria is the highest earning women's athlete.  It's the first time she's won a major in 4 years but she gets a ton of endorsements.

She's very marketable, obviously, but you can't forget she had shoulder surgery in 08 (I think it was), so rehabilitation and mechanical changes took time.  Still had a solid 11 (RG - semis & Wimbledon - finals) and made the finals in AUS 12 too. 

Back
Top Bottom