Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

Vika 
frown.gif

Serena. 
pimp.gif

That last set was tough as hell for her.

tired.gif
My boy Del Potro let me down again. I still have hope he can revive his career.

So the BBC just compared Andy Murray to some other famous Scotsmen such as John Logie Baird, Alexander Flemming, James Watt and J. L. McAdam!

...see, this is why I hate "Murray Mania" 
mad.gif

Let's just compare a tennis player who hasn't even won a Grand Slam to some of the most important inventors and industrialists in human history 
30t6p3b.gif

Rab C Nesbitt would've been more appropriate! /rant.

^ Yeah, that'll be sooo key. Vika played relatively well, but when you have bombs like that on your service-games, how can you lose?  Still, even if Serena doesn't have her serve, I still think she'll edge it.  Interesting to see Aga's mental game.
Firepower ~ Haha, I have no idea who those people are (pardon my ignorance 
embarassed.gif
), but if indeed he's being compared to much more revolutionary people, then that's just BBC reaching... 
laugh.gif

Boost him up to knock him down later! As usual!
30t6p3b.gif

Exciting couple of matches coming up!!! 

Yeah I know it's the traditional BBC/UK media nonsense, but it still irked me lol.

Still looking forward to today's Semis though -Serena should storm the final they way she's played so far. She's in the zone.

Apparently, Rafa has pulled-out of the London Olympics!!!  He won't be defending his gold!

He had some knee issues during Wimbledon, so that could be part of the issue!

SP: I'm more than ready for the U.S. Open. End of August can't come soon enough. Hopefully my boy Rafa is completely fit by then. I feel both the men's and women's sides are fair game with no clear favorite. Serena is playing dominant tennis but I'm not ready to count out Masha or Vika. Anyone think Sabine will ever put it together (balance her aggressiveness with selective intelligence) and win a major? Men's side: Rafa battling knee problems. Murray is inspired with Olympic gold in front of the "home crowd." Fed showed his resurgence at Wimbledon. Djoker is dealing with the loss of his grandfather and perhaps some nagging injuries. Tsonga is the wildcard.

I think it'll be a very interesting hardcourt-season... Murray will be on a high, but who know how he'll be physically.  Fed's played more tennis than anyone since the end of last year, so he'll need to be wise.  Who knows how Rafa's knees are.  And Nole's gonna be feeling a bit down with his Olympics performance.  The hardcourt season is tough and with only 3 weeks till the US Open, who will really be ready?  

As for the girls, I don't think it'll be as one-sided for Serena as we've seen on grass.  The grass definitely favors her serve, so going back to hardcourts, we can expect the rest of the players to do a bit better. 

Would love to see Muzz continue and get his first slam.

BREAKING ~ Rafa out of the US Open! He's been injured for quite a while, so I guess it shouldn't come too much as a shock.  

Sorry guys, work keeps me busy and my blackberry sucks at posting to NT. I'll change thread title tonight.

Sorry guys, work keeps me busy and my blackberry sucks at posting to NT. I'll change thread title tonight.

Used to like Donald Young but dude is losing his composure already early against Fed. Should get steamrolled in straight sets.

^ Did you follow Young's ordeal with the USTA?  Basically took shots at the USTA (Tweeted them, I think). He was probably a bit unlucky with the situation, but he just came off as a petulant little kid... 

http://espn.go.com/tennis/blog/_/name/bodo_peter/id/6424199/donald-young-profane-message-usta-unfair

Anyway, he just snapped his 16-match losing streak and who does he meet in the 1st round? LOL.

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

Gools and Sabine both lost! As did Petko, but that was to be expected... What a tough day for German ladies tennis. 

Sloane finishing off Schiavone.

How did Monaco lose after leading 6-3, 6-1 after the first two sets? Stunner.

Djoker looked rock solid in his opening match.

SP: Thanks for sharing about Young. Vaguely remember that incident. He's had a terrible 2012 campaign to say the least. Truth is he'll never amount to anything more than a lower-level competitor. Even his coach from the Bahamas accepts that. He gets flustered and rattled too easily.

Caro just doesn't have the weapons to be great. Her technique off both wings doesn't allow her to generate enough racket head speed to produce winners. Not surprised and this may be the beginning of the end for her.

True, Caro doesn't have the weapons... but this was against Begu, and with respect to her, Caro should have had enough to beat her.

It now appears that her knee hasn't recovered enough.  She withdrew in her semifinal against Kiri last week, so I guess it was still bothering her.

Not trying to look for excuses for her (and in fairness to Caro, she didn't use it as an excuse), but despite how much she lacks aggressiveness, you'd still expect her to win. 

Damn shame for her.

Back
Top Bottom