Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

Incidentally, good move by the organizers to put the Roddick/Delpo match the first of the 2 night session matches... The last thing they wanna do is have Andy potentially do a retirement speech to the fans at 1AM.  

Incidentally, good move by the organizers to put the Roddick/Delpo match the first of the 2 night session matches... The last thing they wanna do is have Andy potentially do a retirement speech to the fans at 1AM.  
You giving Andy and his first-serve any chance to upset Del Po? I suppose a player's last run could create further motivation and fire.

I've still got Del Po in four though. Will be watching at the bar for Happy Hour.

Del Po made light work of Mayer, except for the third set tiebreaker.

shogun: Sam making her push in the second set, up 5-4 serving for the set to force a third. Vika seemingly lost her resolve and composure a bit. Third decisive set would be highly interesting. Credit Stosur for switching things up in the game-plan and willing to adjust, try new things on the court in the middle of a crucial match.

Gasquet dropped the ball in the first set, had a legitimate chance to "shock" and steal the first from Ferrer. Ended up losing the set 7-5. Physical set. Predicted this one going five, I believe.

EDIT: Gasquet does well to rally in the second set. Up 5-3 in the second. Physical match, definitely going five.

Stosur will not quit. Vika frustrated in certain moments. Breaking back-and-forth in the third and final set. Sam down 4-3, serving.

Last edited:
Showed resolve and composure under pressure. Stosur was great, Vika even better. Heart of a champion.

Outside of the first set, Sam's forehand was aggressive with lots of pace. Never quit. Respect.

Vika's backhand winners today. :x

Gasquet dropped the ball again against Ferrer in the second set. Think he had two chances to serve out for the set at 5-3 and 5-4.

That was a great match... both girls were hitting the ball so well.  

Sam's defense was ridiculous, but Vika was just a bit better.  Damn, that was close. 

That was a great match... both girls were hitting the ball so well.  

Sam's defense was ridiculous, but Vika was just a bit better.  Damn, that was close. 
Wait plus rain delay could affect Masha or Bartoli. Whoever wins, gets walked by Vika in straight sets IMO.

Passing drizzle halting the Ferrer/Gasquet match. Ferrer up two sets, 2-2 in the third set.

You giving Andy and his first-serve any chance to upset Del Po? I suppose a player's last run could create further motivation and fire.

I've still got Del Po in four though. Will be watching at the bar for Happy Hour.

Del Po made light work of Mayer, except for the third set tiebreaker.
No doubt, Delpo's the fav, but if Andy brings his serve, forehand and is able to move-well, it could get interesting... granted Delpo is able to play to his standards.  

I like Delpo in 4 too,

But as it'll be a 7AM start-time for me, I won't be watching it live. 
tired.gif

No doubt, Delpo's the fav, but if Andy brings his serve, forehand and is able to move-well, it could get interesting... granted Delpo is able to play to his standards.  
I like Delpo in 4 too,

But as it'll be a 7AM start-time for me, I won't be watching it live. |I
On board with your thoughts and overall prediction.

How I felt in the States during the Australian. Barely woke up for the Rafa/Nole Final.

Showed resolve and composure under pressure. Stosur was great, Vika even better. Heart of a champion.

Outside of the first set, Sam's forehand was aggressive with lots of pace. Never quit. Respect.

Vika's backhand winners today. :x
Thanks for the updates. I'll catch a replay when I have free time. Sounded like a great match :smokin.

Looks like Bartoli got a little chubby :nerd:. Guess all the jumping around doesn't help her metabolism.

She's always been this "chubby".  Don't let it fool you, she moves relatively well. 

Ugh.

Anyway... haven't been posting that many pics.

2012+US+Open+Day+9+1CcMv0yYzAUx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+8+sPPlN1kSyOZx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+8+dlLkqApDNUHx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+8+6W31MOvhfXSx.jpg

Kim+Sears+Celebs+Open+Gp6ykU0b_hex.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+9+BIgOBaZsqd4x.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+8+W-GE5_TIJW3x.jpg

Last edited:
Sucks about the rainout. Bartoli was on a roll too. Let's see if she can keep it up tomorrow.

Ugh.  I cannot emphasize how much I dislike watching Bartoli play. :stoneface:
Had a feeling Bartoli would show out against Masha. Rain out does not help her cause one bit. Finish the first set tomorrow and clean slate from there. Remember what worked and stick to it, Marion.

Coming through clutch once again with the high-quality pics. Kim Sears, call me when Andy never wins a major tournament. Just kidding, but not really.

I'm convinced soccer players and tennis players date the most beautiful women on the planet.

shogun: The Stosur vs. Vika match is definitely worth a replay from the second set on. Sam showed heart and never gave up on a point regardless of score, Vika was just simply better. Vika's backhand was on.

Bartoli has always battled weight issues, by the way. One key criticism. She's deceivingly quick though.

Del Po looks nervy. Andy gets an early break and should steal the first set. Does Del Po take the next three consecutively? I don't know, may go five. Del Po isn't doing anything effective on Andy's first-serve.

Bartoli has always had a little extra weight but she gets to where she needs to go on the court. I'd even argue that she's at least as good a mover as Sharapova which will make their match very interesting. I haven't seen the Stosur/Vika match but I'm not surprised to hear Sam fought out there.

Bartoli has always had a little extra weight but she gets to where she needs to go on the court. I'd even argue that she's at least as good a mover as Sharapova which will make their match very interesting. I haven't seen the Stosur/Vika match but I'm not surprised to hear Sam fought out there.
If Bartoli controls the match like she started, Masha is done in straight sets. Still think it goes three though. Rain delay did not help her cause for a semifinal berth.

I'd say there's a 5% chance Ana upsets Serena.

Roddick needs this first set far more than Del Po does. Edgy, nervy start for Del Po.

If Bartoli controls the match like she started, Masha is done in straight sets. Still think it goes three though. Rain delay did not help her cause for a semifinal berth.
I'd say there's a 5% chance Ana upsets Serena.
Roddick needs this first set far more than Del Po does. Edgy, nervy start for Del Po.

I agree,

I think the weather issues is going to make things very interesting tomorrow. I bet we have the women's semi finals on Saturday night again with the men's final on Monday. Apparently there is a 80% chance of rain tomorrow morning and there is no way they get all of today's matches and tomorrow's matches done.

I agree,
I think the weather issues is going to make things very interesting tomorrow. I bet we have the women's semi finals on Saturday night again with the men's final on Monday. Apparently there is a 80% chance of rain tomorrow morning and there is no way they get all of today's matches and tomorrow's matches done.
Not to be selfish but I'm working until 2 PM tomorrow. Hoping to not miss any of the quarterfinals action including Bartoli/Masha, Del Po/Roddick, and Murray/Cilic.

Will definitely tune in for "primetime." Fed over Berdych in four. Serena over Ana in straight sets, hoping for a close three.

Not to be selfish but I'm working until 2 PM tomorrow. Hoping to not miss any of the quarterfinals action including Bartoli/Masha, Del Po/Roddick, and Murray/Cilic.
Will definitely tune in for "primetime." Fed over Berdych in four. Serena over Ana in straight sets, hoping for a close three.

Most def my dude. I'm the same way, I'm hoping for rain delays so that I can catch the primetime matches . No shame in that. :smokin:smokin:smokin

I really think Roddick got bailed out by the rain-out. After the first 15-20 min, Delpo was getting his forehand cranking and ARod wasn't winning anymore net points...just Delpo hitting winners off the baseline whenever Roddick went towards the net.

Bartoli winning the 1st set :smokin. I'm rooting for that weirdo. She doesn't look too bad when she's cleaned up for post-match interviews.

Errani facing her doubles partner. They're even wearing the same outfit.

There's no energy in this Italian match. Commentators even mentioned Errani's grunts are down. Looks like it'll be over quick.

Last edited:
Made it home just in time for most of the third set between Marion and Masha. So far, not quite as great tennis as the exchange between Vika and Sam, but still enjoyable to watch.

Bartoli in trouble facing two break points tied 4-4 in the third set.

Back
Top Bottom