Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pascal was scheduled to fight Bute. Bute got injured and pulled out. I heard Froch and Kessler want no parts of Ward again.He  I think Ward moves up and Fights Pascal or Fights Adonis Stevenson once he KO Dawson :nerd:
^ Saw the KO coming a mile away

Good call, as much as I hoped it was going to happen. I did not actually think it would, we'll not so soon anyway. :smh:

More dissapointing career, Zab Judah or Chad Dawson?

Dawson by far. He's much more well rounded than Zab ever was. Plus I've never seen anyone that lengthy yet throw combinations that smooth, but only when he lets his hands to. He had #1 p4p talent.

What is going on tonight. :smh: if Angulo wins Virgil Hunter is officially a genius.

Last edited:
How are they going to say that Anglos eye is the result of being thumbed, then turn around and say he has a cracked orbital, the two don't go hand in hand.

I remember when Floyd called Dawson his "replacement."
laugh.gif

Man, Victor Ortiz has more heart than this dude.

Might be the last we see of Dawson. It just seems like his head isn't in it anymore.

Good night of boxing.    Dawson needs to go back to the drawing board and get a new trainer.    He needs to take a couple of easy fights otherwise 1 more loss like this and his career is over.   

Lara vs Angulo's was a good fight.  Angulo had a huge lump on is orbital bone.   I'm not gonna hold that against him.   Hunter had him fighting good.    I'd like to see Lara vs Trout next.   I think Cotto should fight Carlos Molina or James Kirkland first before he steps in the ring with Lara.     

Maidana vs Lopez was a great fight.    I think Lopez would of won if he would have used his reach.  Every time Maidana got in close on him he should of tied him up.  Still a good win for Maidana.  To me the difference in the fight was from Maidana having the better trainer in Robert Garcia.  Garcia told him get in close with the jab.  He listened and stopped Lopez 2 rds later.  What sucks about Maidana winning though is that it looks like hes gonna fight Matthysse next which means No Garcia vs Matthysse.  I'm sure Al Haymon is loving this. 
mean.gif
   I think Lopez should fight the loser of the Berto vs Soto Karass fight. 

Oh yeah Gamboa isn't that good.  If 50 cent was wise he would hurry up and cash in on him vs  a bigger named opponent before he loses to a no name fighter.

Matthysse is going to BODY Maidana. Literally.
Guy has a chin but he cant take any sort of body punishment.
whats in the water in Argentina tho? these dudes can CRACK.

Chino said his leg went numb in 3rd round. said he got hit in the hip but nah that was a Body punch that did that.

Amir Khan put him on his *** with a Body shot too.

Had Josesito focused his attack there, would have at least gone 10 rounds, there was no way he was going to survive an entire fight of those punches.

Lopez has had 4 consecutive Hard fights. He needs an easy tune up match Badly, just to get a W under his belt again.

Chad Dawson is the biggest disappointment Ive ever seen in Boxing. EVER.

Lara has got a lot of heart. that 1st Left hook he took that dropped him, would have defeated 90% of professional boxers. He literally was out for a couple seconds. He was right in the midst of punching and Wham his whole body shut down, but he got up and boxed.

Perro did his Thing. He will always have a home on Televised Boxing events. a crowd pleaser

excellent Night of Fights.

Showtime landing major fighters was the best thing that has happened to the sport in 20 yrs.

HBO now has to put good shows together.

Boxing is alive and well

Last edited:
Josesito Lopez should fight Paulie M, assuming that he loses to Broner. Maidana and Mtthysse should pass on fighting each other at least for a while. But I know Al Haymon is going to make it happen next by any means. :smh:

Last edited:
Really don't see what people see in Lara. Looks like another over hyped cuban who was a great amateur but is having a very hard time adjusting to the pro game, much like Gamboa. The only top 154lber I see him Lara beating is Trout mainly because Trout can't break an egg.If Lara were to fight Canelo or Kirkland trained by Anne Wolfe he would get stopped. Also I really dont Know who convinced Josesito Lopez hat he is welterweight. Dude was getting crushed by ortiz until ortiz quit and every fight after he has been getting pretty much manhandled.Looking at Lopez body at the weighins he looks soft around the mid section and he has zero muscle tone. If I was his manager I would look into getting a nutritionist and have him drop down to 135 and look to expose Gamboa before someone does.

Really don't see what people see in Lara. Looks like another over hyped cuban who was a great amateur but is having a very hard time adjusting to the pro game, much like Gamboa. The only top 154lber I see him Lara beating is Trout mainly because Trout can't break an egg.If Lara were to fight Canelo or Kirkland trained by Anne Wolfe he would get stopped. Also I really dont Know who convinced Josesito Lopez hat he is welterweight. Dude was getting crushed by ortiz until ortiz quit and every fight after he has been getting pretty much manhandled.Looking at Lopez body at the weighins he looks soft around the mid section and he has zero muscle tone. If I was his manager I would look into getting a nutritionist and have him drop down to 135 and look to expose Gamboa before someone does.
Style make fights my friend. Angulo is a pressure/inside fighter which is Lara's weakness. Canelo is not a pressure/inside fighter.

Some really good fights last nite. I changed the channel to keep up with the Lara fight while they were doing the intro to the Dawson fight, go back and the entire HBO event was off, segment over, "Boxing After Dark" was on :rofl: :rofl: :wow: what the hell did I miss that quick?

Gonna watch the Lopez fight shortly after this Kush & OJ session :pimp:

Style make fights my friend. Angulo is a pressure/inside fighter which is Lara's weakness. Canelo is not a pressure/inside fighter.
^ True Styles makes fights But Canelo is very versatile I have seen fights where he did pressure the opposing fighter. I think it is widely known that Lara can't fight on the inside. I see no reason as to why Canelo can't duplicate with Angulo did yesterday with much better results. He is bigger  and faster with a greater variety of punches and much better defense. he actual tries to avoid shots instead of absorbing punches with his face. Canelo would walk through Lara IMO

^ True Styles makes fights But Canelo is very versatile I have seen fights where he did pressure the opposing fighter. I think it is widely known that Lara can't fight on the inside. I see no reason as to why Canelo can't duplicate with Angulo did yesterday with much better results. He is bigger  and faster with a greater variety of punches and much better defense. he actual tries to avoid shots instead of absorbing punches with his face. Canelo would walk through Lara IMO
Again, Canelo is not a pressure fighter end of story. If you think Canelo would beat Lara that's perfectly fine. The fact still remains that Canelo is not a pressure fighter. He doesn't have the stamina to do what Angulo just did. 

Last edited:
Matthysse is going to BODY Maidana. Literally.
Guy has a chin but he cant take any sort of body punishment.
whats in the water in Argentina tho? these dudes can CRACK.

Chino said his leg went numb in 3rd round. said he got hit in the hip but nah that was a Body punch that did that.

Amir Khan put him on his *** with a Body shot too.

Had Josesito focused his attack there, would have at least gone 10 rounds, there was no way he was going to survive an entire fight of those punches.

Lopez has had 4 consecutive Hard fights. He needs an easy tune up match Badly, just to get a W under his belt again.

You ain't lying, them Argentinian dudes got jailhouse tats and dynamite in their gloves. I knew after the first round that fight wasn't going the distance. Lopez goofed by not continuing to throw combos starting at the body, he changed the fight with that. It seemed like he got emotional and wanted to brawl with Maidana instead of stick to his gameplay. Matthysse is going to break his ribs, we've seen him put dudes down from body shots. Still think it will be a great fight but I wanted Lucas to put Garcia to sleep first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom