Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broner is really starting to feel himself with "pick my next fight"

He won but not by much...117 was definitely a joke

Broner is really starting to feel himself with "pick my next fight"

He won but not by much...117 was definitely a joke
117 was disrespectful, I would be complaining just as much as the magic man if that happened to me

117 was disrespectful, I would be complaining just as much as the magic man if that happened to me
Pretty much. Absolutely shameful score card there 
mean.gif

I agree with Paulie, I had Broner by a round, at most two. 117 is absolutely ridiculous. 

She is a dumb bird.

Don't even know why she would show her face after Broner & Paulie talked bad about her at the press conference.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  They're fighting over this ugly jump off?  Both take the L for even mentioning her. 
roll.gif

I had it 115-113 for Broner.   If Paulie would of had any type of power he would of won this fight easy.   Broner is good but not great.   He fights a little to flat footed and he gets hit clean to often. I think Matthysee, Marquez, Mayweather, Pac Man, Rios, and Alvarado would all be favored to win if they ever fought Broner.  My opinion anyway.    

Paulie speaking the truth after the fight. 
nthat.gif
  Boxing is the most corrupt sport by far.  So many different things wrong with boxing it's ridiculous.  Paulie was simping though when he said, "why you have to talk about my side piece"
laugh.gif

Do the big 4 sports and rappers take all of the quality JOs?  That Jessica Corazon is wild basic.
laugh.gif
I'm pretty sure most of us in this thread has knocked a better looking girl then her before.  She's ugly.  They both take the L.  Broner for even mentioning her and for Paulie getting butt hurt about her after the fight.   

I absoluetly hate Broner but I had it 117-111 for him I tried to force myself to give Paulie some middle rounds but thought Broner was just landing harder better shots. And I LOVE Paulie's rants because he speaks the truth. Do you know who pays the judges?? THE PROMOTER. So if a judge screws a promoter's next best thing they will not hire the judge again and he will be out of work. Which is basically ludicrous that this is how boxing is ran. And Al Haymon is a clown and so is Sam Watsons sons, get the hell out of every picture already, what they hell do they even do? Gale Van Hoy screwed Paulie on purpose but idt that 117 score was anywhere near shadiness that Van Hoy pulled. In first diaz fight.

Last edited:
Pretty much. Absolutely shameful score card there 
mean.gif

I agree with Paulie, I had Broner by a round, at most two. 117 is absolutely ridiculous. 
if it were the other way around, tom shreck would be killed

Last edited:
I absoluetly hate Broner but I had it 117-111 for him I tried to force myself to give Paulie some middle rounds but thought Broner was just landing harder better shots. And I LOVE Paulie's rants because he speaks the truth. Do you know who pays the judges?? THE PROMOTER. So if a judge screws a promoter's next best thing they will not hire the judge again and he will be out of work. Which is basically ludicrous that this is how boxing is ran. And Al Haymon is a clown and so is Sam Watsons sons, get the hell out of every picture already, what they hell do they even do? Gale Van Hoy screwed Paulie on purpose but idt that 117 score was anywhere in shady area the Van Hoy was.
1-4 were paulies rounds easy. That alone makes it impossible to be 117-111. Broner can't keep giving rounds away like that, it'll bite him in the *** one day

I LOVE Paulie's rants because he speaks the truth. Do you know who pays the judges?? THE PROMOTER. So if a judge screws a promoter's next best thing they will not hire the judge again and he will be out of work. Which is basically ludicrous that this is how boxing is ran.
This screams corruption all over it and the casual boxing fans don't even know this.  
mean.gif
  Man I love boxing but Paulie is right a lot needs to be changed in the sport.   Hats off to him for speaking up and possibly losing his job with Showtime over this.

Last edited:
1-4 were paulies rounds easy. That alone makes it impossible to be 117-111. Broner can't keep giving rounds away like that, it'll bite him in the *** one day

Nah broner took the 3rd, no way he went 4 straight rounds without winning one

I had rounds 1 2 4 for Paulie. I could understand some middle rounds for Paulie though. Alot of Paulies shots were hitting Broners arms and when you see Paulie's head fly back a few times in a round its hard to say hes controlling action or landing better shots imo.

I had rounds 1 2 4 for Paulie. I could understand some middle rounds for Paulie though. Alot of Paulies shots were hitting Broners arms and when you see Paulie's head fly back a few times in a round its hard to say hes controlling action or landing better shots imo.
he took them shots like they were nothing though and had more work overall. I can see broner winning but 117-111? It's like hagler vs. Leonard lol

So where does Paulie go from here?
I think a farewell fight in Brooklyn vs Judah.  After the fight both guys should retire.  Both are still decent but neither one of them will win a title again unless they have it handed to them.  

Last edited:
I could see him up against the ghost.

I want to see Garcia vs Matthysse then Broner vs Khan. I feel like Garcia is gonna pull some crap though and fight someone like Alvarado who is in talks to fight judah though.
Garcia vs Alvarado won't happen because Garcia is a Golden Boy fighter and Alvarado is a Top Rank fighter.  

I could see Broner vs Marcos Maidana at 147 lbs next.  I think Broner vs Gamboa could happen but Gamboa would have to come up 5 lbs to 140 lbs for the fight to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom