Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge at with the outrageous score should've at least made it not as obvious.
mean.gif
Pretty much what annoys me. Just like the Canelo/Trout fight, that 1 judge who basically says "Yea you were never gonna get the decision with me scoring"

The Bika fight was the best of the night. Really great atmosphere, I definitely need to make it out to Barclays again.

I'm surprised so many people tuned in to see the fight, people on twitter who I know don't even follow boxing like that. It was almost like a PPV.

Novice boxing fan (trying to get into the sport)....but I was not too impressed by Broner. I saw all the hype and made sure to tune in last night. I know Floyd is his idol, but to me, Broner didn't look too good. Am I off base with that observation? I think a rematch would be great...there's some real bad blood there.

He needs to assert himself more in there. Make his presence felt more often. Letting rounds like the early ones slide by being so inactive is gonna hurt.

Broner is pure entertainment but I wasn't really impressed with his fighting. As said before the biks fight was the bedt of the night. That last rd had me out my seat.

AB did do enough to get the win, he had the more accurate clean punches but wasnt impressed with his performance. Pauli exposed broner, you can tell he was getting frustrated at paulis movement at times. AB is overrated, throw him in there with keith thurman.

AB and his team are scared to death of someone like Keith Thurman. It actually is a pretty sensible fight WHEN Thurman wins the interm WBA belt. Im sure that would give AB some incentive because he thinks belts mean something. But i dont understand Interim, part when Broner just won the WBA welter belt.... I would be extremely surprsied if AB lasted more than 6 rounds with Thurman. Everyone and their momma is ducking Thurman though.

Last edited:
Why would Golden Boy put two fighters whom they're building as big attractions, into the ring together.

They aren't gonna mess up their money.

Why would Golden Boy put two fighters whom they're building as big attractions, into the ring together.

They aren't gonna mess up their money.

Not only are they both GBP but both haymon fighters. They won't and its sad. AB wouldn't face him anyways.

Adrian Broner is Andre Berto 2.0

This was his Luis Collazo fight. Firwt opportunity to fight a polished Pro.

Not impressed at all.

Comparatively, Amir Khan eradicated Paulie. Yes, styles make fights but similar offensive boxers with speed & power.

Broner is nowhere near a defensive wiz.

Might as well throw Broner in there with Berto or Ghost bc after that, it's gonna be some Ls piling up

Not impressed at all.

Comparatively, Amir Khan eradicated Paulie. Yes, styles make fights but similar offensive boxers with speed & power.

Might as well throw Broner in there with Berto or Ghost bc after that, it's gonna be some Ls piling up

Spot on.

Novice boxing fan (trying to get into the sport)....but I was not too impressed by Broner. I saw all the hype and made sure to tune in last night. I know Floyd is his idol, but to me, Broner didn't look too good. Am I off base with that observation? I think a rematch would be great...there's some real bad blood there.
You're spot on with your observation. Broner is clearly a media hyped, overrated fighter. Don't get me wrong, he can definitely bang but he's nowhere near the next Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I dont think AB is overrated but i do think he slept on paulie and i think fighting flat footed against someone with power will be his downfall if he doesnt change, but hes only 23 dude is nowhere near his prime

lmfao my dude broner never dissapoints :rofl:

"you see I came out with french montana...I aint worried bout nothin"

Last edited:

Not impressed at all.

Yup. Honestly, depending on what Broner's chin is like, and how Berto's work with Virgil is going, he might not even get past 1.0.

I dont think AB is overrated but i do think he slept on paulie and i think fighting flat footed against someone with power will be his downfall if he doesnt change, but hes only 23 dude is nowhere near his prime

Does he take his training seriously?

The whole 140-147 division is lagging. Get Kell Brook over here already. All the top guys are fighting obscure guys just to pad their records.:smh:

Broner is too short for 147 IMO, he looks 5'5" .

Last edited:
The whole 140-147 division is lagging. Get Kell Brook over here already. All the top guys are fighting obscure guys just to pad their records.
mean.gif

Broner is too short for 147 IMO, he looks 5'5" .
I agree.  it's a sad state that boxing is in.  No one is fighting each other and the Golden Boy vs Top Rank feud is making it worse.   Broner should be fighting Brook or Thurman for their shot at a title.   Instead title matches are just given out.   I'll bet Broner faces Alexander next.  Another guy with no power.     Broner said he's gonna let us pick his next opponent and watch it be a poll between these 4 fighters.   Mosley, Alexander, Judah, or Peterson. 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom