Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.  it's a sad state that boxing is in.  No one is fighting each other and the Golden Boy vs Top Rank feud is making it worse.   Broner should be fighting Brook or Thurman for their shot at a title.   Instead title matches are just given out.   I'll bet Broner faces Alexander next.  Another guy with no power.     Broner said he's gonna let us pick his next opponent and watch it be a poll between these 4 fighters.   Mosley, Alexander, Judah, or Peterson.  :lol:
sugar Shane'll give Broner a nice *** whopping

The bika vs Marco Antonio Periban fight was good had everyone standing up & cheering I thought Marco deserved the win. I got to the barclays center early met Devon, Rosado,. Watched the entire fight card. Look forward to attending more fights at barclays

Paulie fought better than I expected & Broner didn't impress me like I wanted or expected him to do. Nevertheless I still am a huge broner fan I think he should move down to 140.

Just saw a funny vid. One of broner's boys was talking slick to malignaggi during the post fight presser, and he was put into place by one of PM's boys. Homie was SHOOK. LOL.

Lmao at the dude with the Reds hat... Dude was quiet.

Floyd got a better ovation in MSG than when he fights in Vegas, lol. Also, does Floyd seem more humble and classy lately?

Floyd got a better ovation in MSG than when he fights in Vegas, lol. Also, does Floyd seem more humble and classy lately?

Lol when floyd acts arrogant, its to just sell the fight, money may is a character of his, broner on the other hand is just a clown it seems like he acts like that 24/7

Re watched the fight, it was easy work for Broner. Paulie was hitting all arms and shoulders. Crazy how anyone can call that a split decision!

Re watched the fight, it was easy work for Broner. Paulie was hitting all arms and shoulders. Crazy how anyone can call that a split decision!

That's always part of the game plan when fighting a fighter that employs a philly shell defense. The object is to wear out their arms/shoulder and get their guard to slip in the later rounds.

It partially worked in this fight too. Broner got caught with some straight shots to the head in the late rounds....Paulie is just so feather fisted :smh: But Broner's eyes did show damage after the bell.

If Paulie had any type of power he would be up there with the top fighters. He has all of the other ingredients.

Last edited:

lol It's because most of the time Mayweather is facing a Mexican on a Mexican holiday.     The crowds in Vegas are always pro Mexican at his fights because of that.  

I think part of it is his new deal with Showtime.  I think they told him to tone it down a bit and second Mayweather wants to be likeable after his career is over in a year or 2 so he can still make money promoting fights.

Richard Schaefer said if Broner stays at 147 lbs his options are Khan, Alexander, Ortiz, or Guerrero.      It's believed that Khan and Alexander are close to finalizing a deal for them to fight in December and Guerrero recently called out Ortiz.     Maidana called out Broner after his win last night so it's a possibility that Maidana could end of facing Broner if he decides to stay at 147lb. 

It's gotta be Maidana next for Broner. 1. Golden Boy is pushing it on twitter.2. He's not under Al Haymon. 3. He won't give Broner many problems.

It's gotta be Maidana next for Broner. 1. Golden Boy is pushing it on twitter.2. He's not under Al Haymon. 3. He won't give Broner many problems.
I agree and they will be able to sell the fight to casual fans because Maidana has power and likes to brawl which will make the fight exciting to watch.   I think it's a match up nightmare for Maidana.  Broner will go to the body early and often and get a mid rd ko.      Then Golden Boy can make  Khan vs Alexander and Ortiz vs Guerrero happen and they will have 4 nice fights lined up for the fall/winter.  

I agree and they will be able to sell the fight to casual fans because Maidana has power and likes to brawl which will make the fight exciting to watch.   I think it's a match up nightmare for Maidana.  Broner will go to the body early and often and get a mid rd ko.      Then Golden Boy can make  Khan vs Alexander and Ortiz vs Guerrero happen and they will have 4 nice fights lined up for the fall/winter.  

I really don't want to see Maidana vs Broner. I will only be pleased if he fights Berto, Guerrero, or Matthysse next. On a slightly different note, I want to see Paulie M fight Josesito Lopez or Lamont Peterson next.

Last edited:
I really don't want to see Maidana vs Broner. I will only be pleased if he fights Berto, Guerrero, or Matthysse next. On a slightly different note, I want to see Paulie M fight Josesito Lopez or Lamont Peterson next.
I think Paulie would out box both Peterson and Lopez to easy one sided UD victories.  

If Matthysse doesn't fight Garcia next I hope he faces Broner but I doubt Al Haymon will have them face each other.    Berto is an option I wouldn't mind seeing if he can win his upcoming fight vs Soto Karass.

I think Paulie would out box both Peterson and Lopez to easy one sided UD victories.  

If Matthysse doesn't fight Garcia next I hope he faces Broner but I doubt Al Haymon will have them face each other.    Berto is an option I wouldn't mind seeing if he can win his upcoming fight vs Soto Karass.

It won't be that simple. Peterson is taller and Lopez will turn it into a rough fight. Both should be fairly close IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom