Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see it. Does broner use his legs enough? Khan & Alexander moved maidana around and got in and got out. Broner is a pocket guy, im not liking that combination

And Maidana eventually caught Khan and should have won that fight. He recovered from one of the best/accurate body shots I've seen in a while to stick with his plan and catch Khan.

IMO, Broner against Maidana would not be a cakewalk. This is the 1st time we've seen consistent pressure on Broner, his defense to that type of pressure wasn't all that. If I had to grade him he would've got a C+, maybe a B- if I was grading on a curve. The question is, how is Broner going to react to pressure and power at the same damn time? Imagine if Paulie's slaps had some power to them :wow:. Not saying Broner can't beat Maidana but he hasn't shown me anything to prove it will be a cakewalk.

Pauline is more skilled all around than Maidana is though. so we can't just automatically assume Maidana can replicate what Paulie did but punch harder.

I dont expect maidana to look anything like paulie. But he is as tough as paulie with one punch knock out power. Thats a problem for anyone

If Maidana can consistently land to the body on Broner he can do damage. Broner is far from a master of the Philly shell and I don't have that much faith in his chin or cardio. If he fights as flat footed as he did against Paulie which I doubt, Maidana can land some big shots.

If they fight at 140 Broner will have more snap on his punches but I'm not counting any Argentinian out, they always have a punchers chance.

Exactly.

Y'all acting like this cat is gonna move in and out, using angles.

He's coming forward, therefore he's there to hit.

EDIT:
grin.gif
Questions about his cardio? I didn't see a fighter who looked exhausted by the 12th round of that fight. Paulie looked spent...

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out who the hell said Maidana has any defense or that he wasn't there to be hit? 

Last edited:
It's been proven that Maidana can take a great punch. The jury is still out on Broner's chin.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he'll win but I don't think Broner walks through him. The chin with the power will always be a problem. Maybe it's just me but I'd always like to a guy take some licks and survive the test before throwing full support behind him. I still feel the same way about Canelo TBH.

I'm trying to figure out who the hell said Maidana has any defense or that he wasn't there to be hit? 

This! :lol: I don't recall anyone in the thread making Maidana out to be an untouchable defensive wizard.

All we're saying is the jury is still out on Broner. I like the kid, but I'm not sure how he is going to handle pressure plus power at the same time which is why I can't say Maidana will be a cakewalk.

:smh:

@ people saying that broner will staright mop maidana

this aint the light weight division nomore

broner going to have problems at welter weight.

Broner needs to move down to 140 ASAP. His power didn't translate to 147 based on what I saw. He fights too flatfooted for my taste.

I personally think Broner has massive potential, and I believe the hype is warranted BUT...

What separates him from Floyd is we know Floyd plays up to his character OUTSIDE the ring, I've never seen Floyd clown around inside the ring. Broner doesn't yet know how to separate the two. The dancing in the ring, spinning uppercuts...that stuff is totally unecessary. The kid JUST turned 23 tho so we gotta give him some time to hopefully mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom