Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think Broner has massive potential, and I believe the hype is warranted BUT...

What separates him from Floyd is we know Floyd plays up to his character OUTSIDE the ring, I've never seen Floyd clown around inside the ring. Broner doesn't yet know how to separate the two. The dancing in the ring, spinning uppercuts...that stuff is totally unecessary. The kid JUST turned 23 tho so we gotta give him some time to hopefully mature.
Broner doesn't act like a professional, runs his mouth too much.

I personally think Broner has massive potential, and I believe the hype is warranted BUT...

What separates him from Floyd is we know Floyd plays up to his character OUTSIDE the ring, I've never seen Floyd clown around inside the ring. Broner doesn't yet know how to separate the two. The dancing in the ring, spinning uppercuts...that stuff is totally unecessary. The kid JUST turned 23 tho so we gotta give him some time to hopefully mature.
I'm surprised the ref didn't take a point away from him for doing that.

I'm surprised he wasn't docked for the knee strike.

It's be interesting to see Broner/Maidana. Maidana doesn't take body punches well, Broner fights flat footed, Maidana isn't technically sound but has concrete fists, Broner has really good hand speed.

Broner doesn't move a lot, but it doesn't mean he can't. He just hasn't had to to this point. And can he take a punch from a guy with power like chino? That's the biggest question to me.

I'm surprised he wasn't docked for the knee strike.

Yea judge went out of his way not to deduct a point from Broner. The man kicked Paulie in his nuts without penalty. It's great being employed by Al Haymon 
grin.gif

Paulie worked the body all night long.  Now replace him with a lethal body puncher in Maidana.  I don't know how long he'll be able to keep that shell defense up.

To be honest, I would of scored that fight possibly 8-4. I didn't give credit for Paulie slap boxing arms and shoulders as points. I saw Broner with the cleaner crisper shots. He effectively counter punched Paulie throughout the fight. I think the expectations to see Broner mow Paulie down was the wrong assessment. Paulie is a high energy, high punch count guy with a strong chin. Broner took the right approach in fighting Paulie.

Its no coincidence he skipped over 140. And Im not buying that "everyone was booked " excuse either.

But everyone was booked, he wouldn't of got a fight with a top 140 guy till August

Exactly :lol: look at the schedule. Every GB fighter was booked into a fight already. I'm not the guys biggest fan but that's a little too much even for me :lol:

Forgot JMM/Bradley was on PPV :smh:

Forgot JMM/Bradley was on PPV
mean.gif
Speaking of that, I am excited for this fight, if JMM still has something left hopefully it will replicate his fight with Juan Diaz. Bradley with pressure, no punching power and Marquez with his clean effective counters will make this fight exciting, that's if he still has the speed to do it, pulling for Marquez in that fight.

Believe it or not, I'm picking Bradley to win. Anyway, there's some controversy regarding the drug testing. Bradley is requiring VADA and USADA, Marquez wants a rehydration limit. :smh:

Speaking of that, I am excited for this fight, if JMM still has something left hopefully it will replicate his fight with Juan Diaz. Bradley with pressure, no punching power and Marquez with his clean effective counters will make this fight exciting, that's if he still has the speed to do it, pulling for Marquez in that fight.
Bradley is going to get in Marquez's ***. 

Haha, but do you think Bradley has the power to do that? I mean Marquez goes down, but gets up. It's no secret that Bradley has pillow hands.

I think Bradley will outbox Marquez but I wouldn't be shocked if Marquez won. He's a legend.

Bradley is still extremely butt hurt over the fans not believing he won the fight with Pac :smh:

The man is delusional :lol: "I was able to deal with Pacquiao's speed", he really believes he beat Pac.

This is not the same guy who got dropped by Holt and boxed the rest of the fight to win. He let Provodnikov give him the worst beating of his career just for fans :stoneface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom