Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
going pro at 15 like a lot of mexican fighters + tomato cans

nothing impressive about canelos record , he's not a decorated amateur 

Last edited:
Hey they are showing this fight at movies has anybody watch a fight at the movie or planning to ?

I watched Maywhether vs Guerrero at a Cinemark movie theatre...

Was a great experience, huge screen, based off this thread you'll probably want to go early to watch the undercard fight before the main event as it seems like it'll be a good one. Depending on price and how strict security looks at the theatre, I'd buy a normal movie ticket, they were charging $18 A PIECE last fight :smh: :smh: :smh:

There was one dude that was sitting the row in front of me/homeboys that would "EWWWW" "GOT EM'" every damn time Maywhether landed a decent-solid punch from rounds 3-12, sh** was so damn annoying, got me thinking of if I even want to watch this upcoming fight in a public venue. /rant

Last edited:
I think I mentioned this before for a previous fight. If you're going to do that, go out to the boonies or suburbs to watch it. **** is going to pop off especially if there is a dramatic ending.

Last edited:
Hey they are showing this fight at movies has anybody watch a fight at the movie or planning to ?

I watched Maywhether vs Guerrero at a Cinemark movie theatre...

Was a great experience, huge screen, based off this thread you'll probably want to go early to watch the undercard fight before the main event as it seems like it'll be a good one. Depending on price and how strict security looks at the theatre, I'd buy a normal movie ticket, they were charging $18 A PIECE last fight :smh: :smh: :smh:

There was one dude that was sitting the row in front of me/homeboys that would "EWWWW" "GOT EM'" every damn time Maywhether landed a decent-solid punch from rounds 3-12, sh** was so damn annoying, got me thinking of if I even want to watch this upcoming fight in a public venue. /rant

this is my exact dilema. They are playing it at the movie theater by me....and i was hoping since they don't serve beer it might be a little less rowdy/annoying. Because the only other place that is showing it is Buffalo Wild Wings...and that place is crazy on fight nights MMA and Boxing. So many people yelling at the TV :lol:

Can someone explain to me how Canelo and Mayweather have the same record despite a more than 10 year age difference? Thats pretty impressive.

29 of his first 31 fights were in Mexico. Fighters over there tend to fight more often. He had one year where he had 8 fights (and a couple where he fought 7)
He went pro pretty early too

ordering the fight for the first time. i enjoy watching fights at a house over bars. that actually goes for all sports. i like to listen as well as watch and that is not possible at the bar.

Think this would be considered a damning article regarding Canelo and the hype?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9638795/canelo-alvarez-search-next-oscar-de-la-hoya

Good read if you have some time to kill

There was another good read on Canelo on Deadspin yesterday....can't link it b/c it's blocked here at work.

As an EXTREMELY novice boxing fan, why is this the only sport where we have to use PPV to see top fights? What's the rationale behind it? Could you imagine if we had to do the same to watch the SB, NBA Finals, etc.?

When you are giving someone like Mayweather $40 off the top just to show, money has to come from somehwere, wont be from live gate and sponsor alone.

So I am thinking that Canelo doesn't make weight ....i feel like espn and showtime were over playing the "who wanted the catch weight" thing that maybe it will lead to more controversy. Canelo will weigh in at like 154 or something and they will have to renegotiate or delay or something. Then if Canelo doesn't make the weight it will be a non-title fight or get called off.

That's what I figured. Would boxing totally crumble if there was no PPV?

I could also be totally wrong, but ultimately it comes down to cash.

There are PPV's that probably operated at a loss but due to not having open dates they are forced to put them on PPV.

Its a dirty game, and I suppose I shouldnt pretend I know what I am talking about.

So I am thinking that Canelo doesn't make weight ....i feel like espn and showtime were over playing the "who wanted the catch weight" thing that maybe it will lead to more controversy. Canelo will weigh in at like 154 or something and they will have to renegotiate or delay or something. Then if Canelo doesn't make the weight it will be a non-title fight or get called off.

I read somewhere that the fine is 1 mill for each pound overweight. But it will still be for the title as long as its fought at 154.

there is people in Vegas saying he has hit a wall and is stuck at 155. didn't see him drink any water on Tuesday at MGM

A lot of rumors are swirling about his weight. I wonder what toll it will take on him if he gets down to 152 and the rehydrates up to 170. That is still crazy to me how people can do that. 18+ lbs in 24 hours....can't be healthy

Last edited:
Yeah last week I heard canelo was at 157..... Going to be a tough time making weight.. If he comes over, it's definitely going to take a bite out of that ~$5 MM guaranteed purse.....

Agreed, there's no way the fight gets called off. Canelo will just have to eat some hefty fines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom