Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see how Danny can win unless he boxes 12 great rounds. I see him brawling eventually, and getting killed.

I still don't see how Danny can win unless he boxes 12 great rounds. I see him brawling eventually, and getting killed.
He's gotta box man.. Show some of those skills really...Damn near has to pitch a perfect game...He WILL get in some brawls, and that's when it'll get dangerous... 

Tomorrow is going to be a great day, besides Maywhether handling business...

I'm geeked for this undercard tomorrow night...

Is the general consensus in here that Garcia can only win via knockout pretty early-midway thru or else he's going to flat out get outboxed for 12 rounds?

Can't believe so many people are believing Canelo will win. His best win (& could be argued he lost) was against pillow hands trout. JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO.

Idc man, no way he improves in a matter of months to be able to take down floyd. But hey, our country loves the underdog but still. I'd say Cotto and Mosley had a better shot beating May then Canelo does.

I predict a TKO by floyd in round 8. Hatton style

Consensus is Garcia has been doubted and writenn off his past 3-4 fights but has pulled out W's. Dont count him out
Thats what I'm riding with. Kid is a champion. Everyone doubts him yet he finds a way to win, it's hard not to root for him. 

Of course those that want to see him get killed tomorrow mostly want to do it so it can be payback for Angel talking all that talk. 

It's going to be a great night of boxing I know that 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Consensus is Garcia has been doubted and writenn off his past 3-4 fights but has pulled out W's. Dont count him out

Zab Judah, Erik Morales, Kendall Holt, and Amir fricking Kahn?

None of those guys are near the level of Lucas. Danny needs to be ready for the most intelligent performance of his life.

Lucas' response to Angel: "I don't understand what he's saying."

Angel Garcia is up to his usual antics which only serves as added fuel and motivation. His one accurate point is that Swift tends to be underrated and picked against constantly. Garcia was clearly losing the Amir Khan fight before the KO.

The fight will be close. Has Danny Garcia's chin ever been truly tested?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Danny win a decision, but my official prediction is Matthysse by KO very late (10). That power is real.

PBF by decision, eight rounds to four. Canelo's alleged stressed weight cut may have a negative impact on the Mexican. Floyd has the championship experience, hand speed, and elite defensive organization. He should and will respect Canelo's substantial punching power.

I don't see a knockdown in this fight.

If Danny makes it out of the 6th, I'll be impressed.

And that's no shot at him. Lucas' chin won't hinder him from coming forward all night. Danny might have to hit him with a Sergio-esque punch to slow him down.

Is it possible Lucas plays the opening rounds cautious to feel out Danny? Get his timing down on the biggest stage of Matthysse's career. On arguably the most hyped boxing PPV in recent history.

Oh I am sorry, let me check where I said they were on Matthyse's level.

No. You didn't. But you're also escaping the fact that you said he was doubted and under appreciated against poor opponents. I mean he had to fight Morales TWICE.

Garcia is your garden variety undefeated good boxer.

Is it possible Lucas plays the opening rounds cautious to feel out Danny? Get his timing down on the biggest stage of Matthysse's career. On arguably the most hyped boxing PPV in recent history.

I don't think so, the last few fights he has come out flying. I think he'll maybe take half the first and then attempt to figure it out by flooding his nose with jabs and straights.

Side bar your side bar: The only time I've seen her is on an episode of Say Yes to the Dress. Trout looked like he was enjoying the process more than she was :lol:

Lol, Trout is a quirky dude. Skateboarding to pickup the morning mail. I'm curious of his girl's nationality. She looks mixed.

Pro: Any chance Swift catches Lucas on the counter? If Matthysse does in fact come out swinging for the fences. I'd honestly like to see a smarter, more methodical approach from his camp. You can't always win with the big punch. Gotta have Plan B.

6 pm^

Matthysse can be hit I just think Lucas power will be too much for Garcia to handle. Garcia will land some punches though.

Anyone foresee Canelo experiencing difficulty making weight, or are the stressful rumors largely exaggerated?

6 pm^

Matthysse can be hit I just think Lucas power will be too much for Garcia to handle. Garcia will land some punches though.

It's like GGG. You can hit both Gennady and Lucas, but you better be ready to eat a punch too. You have to outsmart and box them if you want to beat them. Brawling won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom