Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
assuming they fight 8-10 pm over there
what time would that be u.s?

Apparently they're fighting in the morning over there, which would make it prime time here. I don't know how to feel about this fight. It could get ugly, and it could end early.

I won't be paying for that fight :lol:

I know Alvarado is mad right now.

Rios's style is perfect for Pac he will probably stop him in the late rounds

Nah he shouldn't have. He beat the man with a torn rotator cuff.
No he didn't. The tempo was pretty balanced with both guys fighting the way they wanted. But JLC had more effective blows than Floyd.

Apparently they're fighting in the morning over there, which would make it prime time here. I don't know how to feel about this fight. It could get ugly, and it could end early.
So are they not going to eat breakfast on fight day?

Rios has little to no semblence of defense and doesnt appear to have the ability to make adjustments. This could get ugly, quick

not to mention they fighting way out east , he might wanna have his training camp somewhere in asia

Last edited:
No he didn't. The tempo was pretty balanced with both guys fighting the way they wanted. But JLC had more effective blows than Floyd.

The more effective blows? Dude was hitting mostly arms, shoulders and back the entire fight. Floyd landed the more cleaner effective blows. The right man won a close fight. The judges agree with exactly what I saw so yes he did. We agree to disagree.

I thought it was interesting that we saw typical Mayweather last Saturday because against Ortiz and Cotto, he almost made it a point to not fight like that. Against both fighters, he was throwing a lot of combinations and standing and trading. He really wasn't kidding about valuing defense more and wanting to get hit less.

Pacman was so dominate starting with that Morales fight in 2006 to 2012. Just ruthless

I don't know how anyone can find good reason to hate Pacquiao. I am not a big fan, but I always appreciated him in his prime. His story coming up is very inspirational.

Last edited:
I don't know how anyone can find good reason to hate Pacquiao. I am not a big fan, but I always appreciated him in his prime. His story coming up is very inspirational.
It's not pacman himself. But the hate is more on his stans. I'm Filipino myself, a pacman fan, but even I can't stand my own friends and family when I watch boxing! Any none Pacquaio fight, I'll always hear how pacquiao could have knocked out a random boxer quicker. That mayweather Ortiz fight in my friend's house, oh my... Right after that head butt, when mayweather sucker punched him... They were just crying up a storm on how unsportsmanlike mayweather was completely ignoring the headbutts prior to that. :lol:

It's not pacman himself. But the hate is more on his stans. I'm Filipino myself, a pacman fan, but even I can't stand my own friends and family when I watch boxing! Any none Pacquaio fight, I'll always hear how pacquiao could have knocked out a random boxer quicker. That mayweather Ortiz fight in my friend's house, oh my... Right after that head butt, when mayweather sucker punched him... They were just crying up a storm on how unsportsmanlike mayweather was completely ignoring the headbutts prior to that. :lol:

I am well aware of the rivalry between the different fan bases. There's always going to be debate on which fan base is worse-more ignorant, obnoxious, etc. But any group of fans has their bad apples, so I don't think it is right to generalize. However, I don't see a conceivable reason to have any hatred towards Pacquiao. For Mayweather, you can at least say you hate him because he's a prick, whether it's an act or not. FYI, I'm not a Stan of either fighter, I appreciate and respect both for what they have brought to the sport.

Last edited:
I don't hate Pacquiao in the slightest, but I stopped rooting for him to win when all I heard were countless fans of his with little-to-no knowledge about boxing calling him the best boxer ever. It's the same when I hear idiot Lakers fans, or annoying Yankees fans.

I liked him pretty much until he got his big payday with DLH, then after that I was just indifferent about Pac.

As a person and a boxer? Great. But that doesn't mean outside interferences can't change my opinion on him, even if that isn't his fault.

Damn man, laker fans too ? :lol: :frown: wait till cp3 and Lebron sign with us! J/k

Anyway since I'm in the PI now, this Macau trip is pretty tempting after I get married... Hour flight from where I'm at, and I think a great idea for a honeymoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom