Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn man, laker fans too ? :lol: :frown: wait till cp3 and Lebron sign with us! J/k

Anyway since I'm in the PI now, this Macau trip is pretty tempting after I get married... Hour flight from where I'm at, and I think a great idea for a honeymoon.

I am well aware of the rivalry between the different fan bases. There's always going to be debate on which fan base is worse-more ignorant, obnoxious, etc. But any group of fans has their bad apples, so I don't think it is right to generalize. However, I don't see a conceivable reason to have any hatred towards Pacquiao. For Mayweather, you can at least say you hate him because he's a prick, whether it's an act or not. FYI, I'm not a Stan of either fighter, I appreciate and respect both for what they have brought to the sport.
Completely agree with you. Both pacquiao and mayweather have been good for the sport, and manny is just a genuine good person

Damn man, laker fans too ? :lol: :frown: wait till cp3 and Lebron sign with us! J/k

Anyway since I'm in the PI now, this Macau trip is pretty tempting after I get married... Hour flight from where I'm at, and I think a great idea for a honeymoon.
This could be a good idea depending on your wife's taste for boxing.

Congrats though. You and proshares both getting cuffed :smile:

Congratulations :pimp:

And nah, I actually like the Lakers as currently constructed. Nash is one of my favorite players ever.

Thanks lightweight and japanair! She's not that big of a boxing fan except for klitscho (she is German) but she does like nice hotels, fancy cities and fine dining :lol: And I've been training her with the pads lately, so her interest has been picking up.

Proshares congratulations too... Gonna be a helluva ride bro

Thanks lightweight and japanair! She's not that big of a boxing fan except for klitscho (she is German) but she does like nice hotels, fancy cities and fine dining :lol: And I've been training her with the pads lately, so her interest has been picking up.

Did you two meet through the military by any chance? Almost forgot, Congrats!

Did you two meet through the military by any chance? Almost forgot, Congrats!
Thanks dude.
Nah we met when I was visiting my family in the PI. I also had a bakery business here and she has a restaurant, and I just wanted to sell bread to her so she can display it and sell it at her restaurant. I ended up getting a wife instead :lol:

I don't understand how people can say Manny is looking vulnerable. It's as if no one actually watched the JMM fight. Manny was winning that fight prior to the KO. He staggered JMM and almost had him down in the prior round. Dude got caught....plain and simple...by and exquisite boxer in JMM. I don't think he looks vulnerable at all and if he just doesn't exchange with rios he will be able to hit and move all night and pick his spots with ease.

The only scary part (and part i love about Manny) is dude is willing to exchange. He is a fighter. I love Floyd and think he is an excellent fighter. But i can't help root for manny more. The dude fights who ever they put in front of him. He had no reason to fight JMM again after the wars he had with him prior, and knowing that he didn't match up well against him. But he did it. He gets hit but makes fights exciting because of it. I can't help but think Floyd loves his "0" at the end of his record so much that it has hindered his career. He thinks that makes him the greatest ever....but no real boxing fan really cares about it.

If Manny wins in decisive fashion any chance we see Manny vs Floyd? (for the record i think floyd would win)

I don't understand how people can say Manny is looking vulnerable. It's as if no one actually watched the JMM fight. Manny was winning that fight prior to the KO. He staggered JMM and almost had him down in the prior round. Dude got caught....plain and simple...by and exquisite boxer in JMM. I don't think he looks vulnerable at all and if he just doesn't exchange with rios he will be able to hit and move all night and pick his spots with ease.

The only scary part (and part i love about Manny) is dude is willing to exchange. He is a fighter. I love Floyd and think he is an excellent fighter. But i can't help root for manny more. The dude fights who ever they put in front of him. He had no reason to fight JMM again after the wars he had with him prior, and knowing that he didn't match up well against him. But he did it. He gets hit but makes fights exciting because of it. I can't help but think Floyd loves his "0" at the end of his record so much that it has hindered his career. He thinks that makes him the greatest ever....but no real boxing fan really cares about it.

If Manny wins in decisive fashion any chance we see Manny vs Floyd? (for the record i think floyd would win)
Couldn't agree more.

I don't hate Pacquiao in the slightest, but I stopped rooting for him to win when all I heard were countless fans of his with little-to-no knowledge about boxing calling him the best boxer ever. It's the same when I hear idiot Lakers fans, or annoying Yankees fans.

I liked him pretty much until he got his big payday with DLH, then after that I was just indifferent about Pac.

As a person and a boxer? Great. But that doesn't mean outside interferences can't change my opinion on him, even if that isn't his fault.

this is the stupidest logic I have ever heard... so you let a fan base (way to the generalize the whole fan base btw, really smart of you) tell you whether you should root for manny or not? LOL when did rooting for a boxer depend if you like his fans or not? HAHAHAHA SMFH.

Manny Pacquiao started to look vulnerable in the Mosley fight . His hand speed just wasn't quite there anymore and that's when he first brought up his that his legs were cramping.

Thanks man, same to you :pimp:

Reading the posts and you saying you're in PI now, you did live in LA before right? Or am I thinking of someone else? :lol:

They'll both go down once but I think Manny will end this in the middle rounds. Like Jay & Crooks said, Rios is a C+ fighter. He's very easy to figure out and has no idea how to adjust mid fight.

Manny Pacquiao started to look vulnerable in the Mosley fight . His hand speed just wasn't quite there anymore and that's when he first brought up his that his legs were cramping.

I don't think Pac has lost a step at all, Marquez knows how to fight Manny because of the previous fights and Marquez is a great boxer/counter puncher.
Rios is a brawler who will come forward the entire fight running into Pac's punches similar to the Margarito fight.

Brandon Rios's defense is not good enough. Pacs hand speed will be too much for Rios.

I would have rather seen Alvarado vs Pacquiao. Alvarado would have tried to make adjustments against Pac.

Rios will just come forward until he is KO'ed or stopped by the ref or doctor.

I don't know about that man. It can be Roy Jones vs Glen Johnson all over again.
mean.gif
Manny is going to kill Rios. He only knows how to fight one way and that's walking through punches. Pac is on the decline but he can still beat the snot out of guys who just plow forward. He will KO Rios. Power is the last thing to leave a fighter. Brandon's idea of defense is bouncing punches off of his face. Manny will hit him clean all fight long. I'm not a Pac fan but nobody around 147 will take Manny's straight left for an entire fight. Manny will simply flurry and move on Rios. Mark my words this fight will get ugly fast.

Rios will throw hands, which will make the matchup interesting, but his defense is non existant, which makes me think Pacquiao will win. Pacquiao is vulnerable after his last few fights though, so we'll see.

Reading the posts and you saying you're in PI now, you did live in LA before right? Or am I thinking of someone else? :lol:

They'll both go down once but I think Manny will end this in the middle rounds. Like Jay & Crooks said, Rios is a C+ fighter. He's very easy to figure out and has no idea how to adjust mid fight.

Yeah, thats me :lol: THough not from LA, literally. A SoCal suburb called Temecula about an hour plus drive away from LA. And yeah, now in the PI.

And I agree with everyone else about Rios. He's pretty much a shorter/smaller Margarito.

I don't know about that man. It can be Roy Jones vs Glen Johnson all over again. :smh:

Manny is going to kill Rios. He only knows how to fight one way and that's walking through punches. Pac is on the decline but he can still beat the snot out of guys who just plow forward. He will KO Rios. Power is the last thing to leave a fighter. Brandon's idea of defense is bouncing punches off of his face. Manny will hit him clean all fight long. I'm not a Pac fan but nobody around 147 will take Manny's straight left for an entire fight. Manny will simply flurry and move on Rios. Mark my words this fight will get ugly fast.

In theory yes. But I think the concern is what Pacquiao has left after that KO.

Yeah, thats me :lol: THough not from LA, literally. A SoCal suburb called Temecula about an hour plus drive away from LA. And yeah, now in the PI.

And I agree with everyone else about Rios. He's pretty much a shorter/smaller Margarito.
My boy is from temecula. FNF has events there sometimes. I like that place.

My boy is from temecula. FNF has events there sometimes. I like that place.

I haven't been to Temecula but every woman I know from there is smoking hot. :pimp:

Pacquiao vs. Rios will be an entertaining fight. Rios is a much easier opponent for him than Alvarado.

exactly!!!!

the exact same thing is going to happen to Rios that happened to Margarito when he fought Shane.

Mid Round stoppage from too many lightning quick Bombs.

damn, Pac getting back in. Thought he was done after that KO. Dude must be needing that cash flow right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom