Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been to Temecula but every woman I know from there is smoking hot. :pimp:
I must've been on the wrong side of town :lol:

Maybe all the attractive ones moved out. *shrugs* like I said I've never been there, just know some people who are from Temecula. But thanks for the heads up, at least I won't be disappointed when I go there. :lol:

Last edited:
for some reason andre dirrell got me remembering curtis stevens ....dude use to be in papoose

video's if i remember correctly...dude was hilarious
Lol. I Remember growing up in the New York Amateur boxing scene scene. Curtis was a  living legend, I think he had the most KO in amateur history or something like that.There was so much hype behind him and Jaidon Codrigton. they even called themselves the Chin Checkers. Curtis is still boxing though last i heard he is fighting at 154. Still would't be surprised if he makes a nice little carear for himself. The other half of the chin checkers retired, dude had the softest chin ever. Jaidon stayed getting rocked even in sparring sessions

I wouldn't say Pacquiao is vulnerable per se, but id go out on a limb and say I wouldn't be surprise if we saw decline in his game LIKE we did when we saw RJJ get KOd. He was never the same after that.

They're not even close to the same kind of power, and I've only been following boxing closely for probably 8-10 years, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That said, I can definitely see a Margarito comparison. I feel like Rios is grittier and has more heart than Tonio though. Well see.

He has won his last 5 fights(4 out of 5 by KO/TKO) since the Pirog fight
He fought people who were brought in to lose especially since he is just recovering from cancer i believe. i cant see Danny ever lasting more than 6 rounds with Quillin, GGG, Pirog,Chavez

Youre definitely right about Stevens being a legend out here when they were coming up.. I wonder how much better he couldve been if he couldve stayed out the club. Dude was partying non stop since I first heard about him.

I completely forgot about the Green fight :lol:

The Bika fight I remember everyone going crazy in here. **** was almost 6 years ago :wow:

Corrales vs. Castillo 1 happened 8 years ago today. Rip Chico.

For prospects I follow Spence Jr and Oscar Valdez the kid that went to the Olympics for Mexico he fights this Saturday he reminds me of Victor Ortiz.

Damn Bute for hurting his hand. That was shaping up to be a damn good day of fights :smh:

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
No official PPV #'s yet for Floyd but 2 industry sources tell me they look bad (under 1M). We'll see. If true, heavy $$ losses for Showtime.
about 3 hours ago

Damn Bute for hurting his hand. That was shaping up to be a damn good day of fights :smh:

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
No official PPV #'s yet for Floyd but 2 industry sources tell me they look bad (under 1M). We'll see. If true, heavy $$ losses for Showtime.
about 3 hours ago

I wonder if Showtime has any say on who he has to fight.

Showtime is just giving money away. Spent all that money on Bute and the Super 6 and the Ward vs Bute never even happened. :smh:

The super 6 started out as a good idea. Then it completely changed. So many substitutions happened, should've just cancelled the tournament after the first round. It wasnt the super six anymore when the original six aren't all there past the round robin.

No it didn't
His two biggest issues were money and drug testing.

Testing: Manny already agreed
Money: Floyd always claimed he was the bigger draw. Less than 1 million buys for the p4p king and boxing cash cow is not working to his favor. Go ahead and tell me how that works in his favor.

The Super 6 was still great even at the end.

LOL substituting Allan Green was such a Bad idea

Andre Dirrell's character got revealed as he wanted No parts of Ward. scared money dont make money and thats why hes on Friday Night FFights and FSN cards now.

Hasn't Ward been fighting/commentating exclusively on HBO as well?

I was so hyped for Dirrell too :lol: thought he pulled a close one out against Froch, then he beats the hell out of Abraham and now the dude doesn't remember who his doctor is :lol:

Last edited:
His two biggest issues were money and drug testing.

Testing: Manny already agreed
Money: Floyd always claimed he was the bigger draw. Less than 1 million buys for the p4p king and boxing cash cow is not working to his favor. Go ahead and tell me how that works in his favor.
Floyd is the bigger draw and the numbers bear that out. One fight does not change that. On top of that, Manny just got knocked out cold in his last fight. He has no leverage to demand anything from Floyd period. I guarantee you that there will be no 50/50 split if they fight. It's not happening.

I feel deep down Mayweather is going tonight Pac if he beats rios sometime In 2014. People will still pay to see that even if the window for its greatest potential was in 2010-2011.

Money is everything for May, if he sees he isnt going to get major PPV buys, he's gonna just say f it and fight him

Should we be surprise if ppv orders came in below than expected? Floyd fought someone who isn't really known and or popular.
like I said before if Floyd don't start knocking dudes out and make it more entertaining, people would stop buying his fights.

But it mite be an economic factor why orders are down.

Floyd has even more excuses now. Not saying its all his fault the fight didn't happen. He can bring up the fact that Manny Pacquiao has unfinished business with Marquez and Bradley and the beef between The networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom