Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthysse has as much power in his hands as anybody that Floyd has faced though. If he could consistently attack May's body he could give him some problems. I would rather see him against Floyd than Garcia who has no chance at all.

Last edited:
I just cannot see anyone coming close to beating floyd with his pops in the corner. He's such class with his defending and still faster/quicker than anyone he will fight.

It would definitely have to be a smaller ring to be able to catch him and cut him off. But, I don't see that ever being part of the negotiations.

Matthysse has as much power in his hands as anybody that Floyd has faced though. If he could consistently attack May's body he could give him some problems. I would rather see him against Floyd than Garcia who has no chance at all.

He's not fast or lengthy enough to land it consistently.

My homie Glen Tapia(18-0) finally gets his shot @ 154! June 14 on Fridiay Night Fights vs Abraham Han in Vegas .. Hopefully all those sparring sessions he did with Pacquiao for the Margarito fight pays off

Anybody got any info on Han? Name sounds familiar and i know he's 19-0 but that's about it.

My homie Glen Tapia(18-0) finally gets his shot @ 154! June 14 on Fridiay Night Fights vs Abraham Han in Vegas .. Hopefully all those sparring sessions he did with Pacquiao for the Margarito fight pays off

Anybody got any info on Han? Name sounds familiar and i know he's 19-0 but that's about it.

I think he was a sparring partner for either Trout or Canelo.

those judges on friday night fights were terrible tonight. Perez definitely did better than they gave him credit for. Paris bribed the judges on that one smh.

I think he was a sparring partner for Trout, Also has a twin sister Abie who boxes. Saw him fight a few times at the Nationals always use to get matched with Danny Jacobs and Jacobs use to lay hands on him. Decent boxer nothing special. easy win for Tapia, Probably TKO in the middle rounds

I think he was a sparring partner for Trout, Also has a twin sister Abie who boxes. Saw him fight a few times at the Nationals always use to get matched with Danny Jacobs and Jacobs use to lay hands on him. Decent boxer nothing special. easy win for Tapia, Probably TKO in the middle rounds

Appreciate the info fellas. I heard of his sister more than him, didn't even know they were related :lol:

Appreciate the info fellas. I heard of his sister more than him, didn't even know they were related :lol:

Should be easy work for Tapia.

I hope so, we been waiting for him to catch a break. Now it's time for him to take it to that next level.

Rigondeaux is my favorite fighter besides floyd. I see him being a superstar

Too late in his career, too boring. Not marketable. Great boxer, top 5 P4P IMO, but not superstar material.

Yeah I forgot about his age. And he is boring outside the ring...but man he is exciting to watch inside the ring

That and Bob Arum pretty much sees him as a lost cause as far as being a cash cow. Not to mention Cubans don't really blow up. Gamboa is the biggest Cuban name and he's really not very well-known. Then there's Erislandy Lara whos under Al Haymon but he's still under the radar.

I hope so, we been waiting for him to catch a break. Now it's time for him to take it to that next level.

Him fighting this chump isn't going to do it. He needs to step up to someone like Ishe Smith or Alfredo Angulo. But that probably won't be until a year from now. After Han he should face Devin Rodriguez, he's a good measuring stick and someone they can easily rob if things don't turn out accordingly. :lol:

Yeah I forgot about his age. And he is boring outside the ring...but man he is exciting to watch inside the ring
that should be all that counts. I don't care what any of the boxers do out the ring.

Rigondeaux is my favorite fighter besides floyd. I see him being a superstar
Rigo and Floyd are my favorite boxers also. I have no idea how someone can call them boring. Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit. They both do that to perfection. People like watching street fights though I guess. I find Rigo and Floyd to be very exciting. 

Rigo is Hardly exciting inside the ring.
there have been quite a few fights where he didnt even look good.

He out techniqued a guy (Nonito) who fought as if he was an amateur.

He very well could have lost to Cordoba on the Antonio/Manny card

Rigo is Hardly exciting inside the ring.
there have been quite a few fights where he didnt even look good.

He out techniqued a guy (Nonito) who fought as if he was an amateur.

He very well could have lost to Cordoba on the Antonio/Manny card
That's your opinion though. He's exciting to me because I like actual BOXING and not brawling.

LMAO pretty silly for you to assume that I dont like the science of Boxing and prefer some brawl type ****. You can go over my posts and se for yourself

yes I Love Boxing too. but I watched him get dropped then run from Cordoba for 7 straight rounds. and Im not talking about pot shotting and standing in the pocket vs Nonito (which was a thing of beauty) If it wasnt for the Arum/Texas Judge who managed to score that fight 117 to 109 for rigo, he would have lost that fight.

he has several other snoozefests too in his catalogue vs Non descript opponents.

You want the link to the Cordoba fight?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom