Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darchinyan fought some Bum tonite and TKOd his ***.

FightHype posted Vic vs Rigondeaux...

Not sure if that's what is on tap but it seems pretty good fight.
Overly aggressive fighter vs a slick Boxer.

Floyd vs gatti was such a beat down, and Floyd called everything that would happen in that fight lol

I think Shane, Judah and Diego are his master piece fights

Watch the replay of the fight. Guerrero is so dirty, he was throwing rabbit punchs and doing that Ortiz **** with his head, Floyd was so smart to keep it in the middle of the ring.

"Cole.....Cole" :x :rofl:

Pink shirt and red slacks though :pimp:

Can't tell me he didn't roll out with a bad bit.. after putting that boy to bed.

Watching this chavez vs Taylor for the first time. I'm thinking, "oh the judges must have rob him".
I'm :shocked it was the ref...wow. I didn't see that coming ha...even though they interviewed the ref and the athletic commissioner.

Wonder why peeps call boxing dirty. It's been around a long time.

Gotta go back to last man standing or what?

Watching this chavez vs Taylor for the first time. I'm thinking, "oh the judges must have rob him".
I'm :shocked it was the ref...wow. I didn't see that coming ha...even though they interviewed the ref and the athletic commissioner.

Wonder why peeps call boxing dirty. It's been around a long time.

Gotta go back to last man standing or what?

Yup that's the reason why they still use paper to write scores in this digital age.

Last edited:
didn't rocky knockout roger mayweather? in the first round too lmao

his epic cry on intervention was  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
as a Child, I thought Meldrick got robbed, after seeing the HBO special a few yrs ago, My opinion changed.

Meldrick almost Died that fight.

He had taken a beating late in that fight. whether it was one second left or not, he didnt respond to Steele and Duva helped in the confusion by sstanding on the ring apron. Meldrick was out of it. and he Never responded to Steele asking him if he was alright.

If Steele doesnt stop that fight and within that 2 seconds, JCC lands another Right Hook and ends Meldrick's Life, Richard Steele would have been called much worse things.

His Lengthy Hospital stay after the fight is indicative of the Punishment he recieved.

chavez single handedly ended Taylor's career. :lol: :lol: if you think Taylor got robbed . and how ironic is it that mayweather calls someone else "dirty"?

I understand the stoppage. I mean roobed more in ageneral sense of him outboxing Chavez and not being able to finish 12 rounds of a great performance. Yes, Taylor had the life beat out of him and it was the right decision when you look how the ref broke it down.

I still watch Floyd-Gatti sometimes when I'm bored. The ultimate example of an elite fighter vs a contender. It was a fight where u could see Floyd's power, speed and technique. to me that was his best fight, and the fact it was so utterly one sided just showed how impressive he was.

Btw why does anyone care how many buys Floyd's fight got? I don't even think he cares w that guaranteed contract, and mannys people admitted they'd need to take a smaller split even before he walked into that right vs JMM for the hypothetical Floyd-Pac fight that will almost guaranteed never happen.

The conclusion to the Taylor-Chavez I fight is justifiable. Taylor didn't respond and took a massive beating. People point to the blinking red light and two seconds left. Even if Steele noticed the blinking red light he doesn't know there's two seconds left. All he would know is there's under 10 seconds left. That is definitely enough time for Chavez to approach Taylor from the opposite corner and land a few more devastating blows.

What good would the victory have done Taylor anyway? That fight clearly took his soul and debilitated his career.

That's irresponsible.
Irresponsible my ***. You act like Chavez was on top of him raining down punches when he clearly wasn't. Unless Chavez is superman, he wasn't going to land anymore punches because he was across the freaking ring. It was about 3 seconds left when Steele stopped the fight. He could have let him finish period. 

Easy for you to say. You know there's three seconds left because you can see the clock. Richard Steele had no idea how much time was left, so...

Easy for you to say. You know there's three seconds left because you can see the clock. Richard Steele had no idea how much time was left, so...
You don't know what Steele had any idea of. He knew it was under 10 seconds. Everyone know's when it's under 10 secs because you get the customary stick clap or whatever that noise is that signals it's under 10 seconds left. He could have let Taylor finish the fight.

The ref asked him was if he was OK twice and he did not respond. He should've blurted out a word before the ref finished a sentence.

those judges on friday night fights were terrible tonight. Perez definitely did better than they gave him credit for. Paris bribed the judges on that one smh.
True and the fact that the judges made it an unanimous decision made it worse.  I think Paris only won because he looks more marketable

True and the fact that the judges made it an unanimous decision made it worse.  I think Paris only won because he looks more marketable
probably. paris has a "back story" of getting shot and stabbed or some ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom