Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Smoger let that go on after the 2nd knockdown. Props to Peterson for attempting to fight on after that shot. Hope Luke smashes Garcia.

Zab Judah beat Matthyse :rofl:

Last edited:
I want Broner vs Matthysse. Garcia wont be effective.
That's the real fight that should happen, but won't because broner is the next mayweather. He will pick and choose his fights. To take a risk this early in his career wouldn't make sense for him.

damn!  Matthysse is the truth.   Best ko percentage in boxing.    He's gonna run through Garcia just like he did tonight.   I think Matthysse should fight Floyd once he takes care of Garcia.

This. I dont know the politics in boxing but this is how it looks to be shaping up.

lol Naw Floyd will take it.  He will just out class him with his counters but it will be a very interesting fight to see.   
No way Floyd takes a fight against a fighter that has that much power and no name recognition . Your right Floyd would probably out class him but why take that fight when he can fight khan or Alexander?

Surprised Smoger let that go on after the 2nd knockdown. Props to Peterson for attempting to fight on after that shot. Hope Luke smashes Garcia.

Zab Judah beat Matthyse
roll.gif
From what the lame judges said but anyone who saw it knows Matthysse say won clearly.   He knocked Judah down in that fight too.   Matthysse was also robbed when he fought Alexander in his home town of St. Louis.   I consider Matthysse undefeated.

No way Floyd takes a fight against a fighter that has that much power and no name recognition . Your right Floyd would probably out class him but why take that fight when he can fight khan or Alexander?
I'd say once Matthysse ko's Garcia this fall everyone is gonna be demanding Floyd to fight him.     Your right though Floyd won't fight him next.   It's gonna be Khan or Alexander.

damn!  Matthysse is the truth.   Best ko percentage in boxing.    He's gonna run through Garcia just like he did tonight.   I think Matthysse should fight Floyd once he takes care of Garcia.

Wooow did not expect this outcome tonight. I def wanna see him fight floyd in may

They wont put Broner in there with Matthysse this early

He would get Meldrick taylor'd and never be the same again.

the thing is, Broner Should have been working his way up to that type of fight by now. He has been babied for far too long.

and I still believe Zab Beat Matthysse.

Zab won wayyy too many early rounds. and he did it with ease. Matthysse closed nicely but did it way too late.

Now, the Alexander fight, was ALL Matthysse. wasnt even a close fight

I'd say once Matthysse ko's Garcia this fall everyone is gonna be demanding Floyd to fight him.     Your right though Floyd won't fight him next.   It's gonna be Khan or Alexander.
I know it won't happen because of the golden boy/top rank b.s but I would love to see Brandon rios vs matthysse

Devon Alexander was his typical self tonight. It's easy to look good when your fighting a punching bag.

Very impressive win by Matthysse. The left hook he caught Peterson with was nasty.

I know it won't happen because of the golden boy/top rank b.s but I would love to see Brandon rios vs matthysse
That's the biggest thing I hate about boxing nowadays.  So many dream match ups could be made but won't.  

the first Hook that glanced off Peterson Forehead LMAOOO If he lands that flush, he mighta put that ***** thru the rafters like Tommy Hearns did Martin Lawrence. :lol:

How u knocking down world class fighters with glancing blows off the top of the forehead

:x

Hell, He might die vs a shot PacMan

Last edited:

That's the biggest thing I hate about boxing nowadays.  So many dream match ups could be made but won't.  

Bradley vs Matthysse would be even better. We saw him survive That Prolov guy but I want to see if he can get up against the Machine.

F all that, put him in there with Cotto so he can tell us which hurts more Margarito with loaded gloves or Matthysse.

Last edited:
Bradley vs Matthysse would be even better. We saw him survive That Prolov guy but I want to see if he can get up against the Machine.

F all that, put him in there with Cotto so he can tell us which hurts more Margarito with loaded gloves or Matthysse.
Lmao

the first Hook that glanced off Peterson Forehead LMAOOO If he lands that flush, he mighta put that ***** thru the rafters like Tommy Hearns did Martin Lawrence. :lol:

How u knocking down world class fighters with glancing blows off the top of the forehead

:x

Hell, He might die vs a shot PacMan

That's the scary part I don't think Matthysse connected any of his flush fully leveraged shots on Peterson.

Shane will have to fight til he's 50 after that Divorce went down... He's not trying to fight "A" Fighters anymore.

Last edited:
Omg Mosley won in Mexico UD 115-113 so glad it was a good fight Mosley showed power

Oh no, now he thinks he still has it and will continue to fight. Hes going to wake up in a hospital one of these days. :smh:

Anyway Peterson just said in the post fight conference that he started to slip out of his game plan in the 2nd. Looks like he's fighting Judah next.

"there are a lot of guys at 147 lbs who aren't sleeping well tonight" - B-Hop

Last edited:
Oh no, now he thinks he still has it and will continue to fight. Hes going to wake up in a hospital one of these days.
mean.gif

Anyway Peterson just said in the post fight conference that he started to slip out of his game plan in the 2nd. Looks like he's fighting Judah next.
I think that would be a good fight vs Judah.  They should put it on the Matthysse vs Garcia undercard this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom