Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao at the expression of Danny Garcia face when Matthysse knocked out Peterson. Garcia saw a ghost.

They making that fight at Barclays right.

Lmao at the expression of Danny Garcia face when Matthysse knocked out Peterson. Garcia saw a ghost.

They making that fight at Barclays right.

I'm pretty sure I read it's going to be in Washington DC. Barclays or Vegas would make more sense though.

Last edited:
welll Im shocked. Schaefer said Sep 7th in DC, Danny vs Lucas.

GoodNight Danny. sleep well

You really didn't think they'd put out this fight huh? Showtime is really trying to make 2013 the year of Showtime Boxing. They've done a great job so far.

That first knockdown I coulda swore Lamont tripped, but after I saw him not even debate it? I knew it was RIP for Peterson QUICK. That second knockdown with both landing hooks, JESUS. Peterson showed heart, but the fight was over as soon as he tasted the canvas.

Great stuff from Lucas as always. Good to see he got off early.

RIP to Danny as well. As long as Lucas doesn't start too slow, he's putting Danny down on his ***.

Whoever that was on Danny's shoulder, I wish Matthyse could KO him too.

Last edited:
Nope. at least they are talking about it which is a great thing.

Hopefully it doesnt fall thru.

Danny hits just hard enough to have enough confidence to stand in front of Lucas.

Im not trying to put too much on it but its going to take a Great Boxer who has Legit Power to beat Matthysse.

and really, at 140-147 who is that ?

Danny's face Looked like he saw Clubber Lang in the Ring after the knock out. He was wearing that fake smile like "O ****, I really gotta face this dude"

:lol:

Last edited:
Nope. at least they are talking about it which is a great thing.

Hopefully it doesnt fall thru.

Danny hits just hard enough to have enough confidence to stand in front of Lucas.

Im not trying to put too much on it but its going to take a Great Boxer who has Legit Power to beat Matthysse.

and really, at 140-147 who is that ?
Mayweather, Broner, Pac Man, Marquez, Cotto.  All would be the favorite going into the fight vs Matthysse but sadly if any of these fights are ever made it won't be for at least a year or so down the road.    

definite.
I'd even like to see him fight Chino Maidana.
Matthysse changes everything.

He has embraced the fact that he has to get guys out of there in order to secure a W.

With that Mindset, Lucas is a Problem.

If he knew English whewwwwwww. Get that boy a rosetta stone quickly

LOL great post!  Roach is such a hypocrite.  He said him self if the fighter doesn't want to do the Olympic style testing he must be dirty.  LMAO then once Pac Man gets ko'ed from Marquez he thinks Marquez was on roids.  lol  This right here is proof that Mayweather wasn't dodging him.   He goes on to say how Marquez looked the best he has ever at 35 and when Mayweather was saying the same thing about Pac Man when he hit 30 they tried to sue him and said he was scared to fight and that Pac Man needed over a week to recover from a blood sample
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Jay Judah beat him by out boxing him early and hitting with enough power to keep Lucas off his *** right? then tired out in classic zab fashion. You don't think broner could do that?

Haymon has way to many guys at 140-147 to not have guys fight each other right now

Broner hasnt shown hes a great boxer. he just stands in the pocket and throws. (plus, I havent seen Broner fight anyone who is considered good)

And That was old Lucas. He knows he has to get after it from the gate.

Lucas has a Granite Chin too

again, Im not trying to get ahead of myself but he has someclose characteristics of a variant Roberto Duran

u gfet a chance watch the fight with Ajose Olugson. it should be on youtube.

Last edited:
Jay Judah beat him by out boxing him early and hitting with enough power to keep Lucas off his *** right? then tired out in classic zab fashion. You don't think broner could do that?

Haymon has way to many guys at 140-147 to not have guys fight each other right now
I agree they are gonna have to fight at some point no matter what.

Broner hasnt shown hes a great boxer. he just stands in the pocket and throws. (plus, I havent seen Broner fight anyone who is considered good)

And That was old Lucas. He knows he has to get after it from the gate.

Lucas has a Granite Chin too

again, Im not trying to get ahead of myself but he has someclose characteristics of a variant Roberto Duran

u gfet a chance watch the fight with Ajose Olugson. it should be on youtube.
I agree Lucas seems to be improving every fight. He knows he's not gonna get a fair shake fighting in the US so he goes for the KO now in every fight.  He has 32 knock outs in 34 wins.  The other wins came from a DQ and a UD both in Argentina.  I honestly thought he beat Judah and Alexander.  Before people would say he's a slow starter but after tonight we can't say that about him anymore.  

his last 4 or 5 fights he hasnt started slow eithr
and out of his 36 fights he has only gone past the 4th rd 7 times.   lol If Matthysse was from the US and if he could speak English people would be giving him more credit then they were before tonight.

went back and rewatched the Judah vs Matthysse on mute and I had it 7 rds to 5 for Matthysse.   Plus the knock down so I scored it 115-112 for Matthysse.   No way he lost the fight.  

Had to watch this fight on YouTube because was helping wifey at her restaurant business.

Anyway Peterson's expression reminded me of Michael Spinks when he fought Tyson.
And Matthysse is the Vladimir Guerrero of boxing. Lotta power but dude needs to shorten up his hooks like on that 3rd rd KD. He'd be more lethal.
And he's more likely the next Edwin Valero IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom