Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still pissed Don King shortened the Alexander vs Matthysse fight to 10 rounds and that I lost $300 betting on Lucas Matthysse. :smh:

Just watched again. why was that cameraman putting his equipment inside the ring? It looked like Peterson tripped on it in the first knockdown and if you watch the last knockdown, he has it inside the ring.

Last edited:
The ring girls looked like they wanted Lucas Matthysse to smash. They scooted right towards him and were smiling from ear to ear. I've seen one of them in other fights and she usually looks soulless. :lol:

Last edited:
One of the girls got hit when Lucas hands were raised by Smoger.

Garcia vs Matthysse has to be made or it will seem like Garcia is ducking.

Matthy Ice!
smokin.gif

Bet money Mosley fights broner next or the move Danny Garcia up to 147 to fight him if they don't
Make the Lucas fight lol

LOL at people who thought Peterson even had a chance. Peterson likes to mix it up so I knew this fight was going to end badly for him. Trying to mix it up with Matthysse is not a good idea. However, a boxer will always give Matthysse problems though. Danny Garcia is going to get the same treatment that Peterson just got.

Last edited:
The Mosley fight vs Cano had open scoring and Mosley heard he was down in the scorecards and in the 6th round landed almost everything and almost knocked down Cano.

This was the first time since the Margarito fight that Mosley was aggressive. Mosley should fight Khan loser retires I think Mosley puts him to sleep.

LOL at people who thought Peterson even had a chance. Peterson likes to mix it up so I knew this fight was going to end badly for him. Trying to mix it up with Matthysse not a good idea. However, a boxer will always give Matthysse problems though. Danny Garcia is going to get the same treatment that Peterson just got.

Probably how Alexander survived

Sugar Shane still got it at 41. Straight from B-Hop's "fountain of youth."

Viper only one that could beat Mosley in his prime. Fully supported the adage, "Styles make fights."

Sugar Shane still got it at 41. Straight from B-Hop's "fountain of youth."

Viper only one that could beat Mosley in his prime. Fully supported the adage, "Styles make fights."
Mosley in his prime was on roids.  That's a fact so I don't really give him much credit.

If Mayweather In his prime fought Trinidad, Forrest, Mosley, and DeLa Hoya in their primes... Would he be undefeated?

Good question and I'd like to had Duran, Hearns, and Leonard to that list too.  

I specifically didn't mention those guys because I don't think it's fair. They were in a completely different era. They were paid less, had to fight more frequently, same day weigh in, etc.

But to answer the question, I think Floyd would have clearly lost to Forrest, while all the other ones would've been close. If the De La Hoya fight was at least as close as when they fought in 2007, DLH would've won the decision.

I specifically didn't mention those guys because I don't think it's fair. They were in a completely different era. They were paid less, had to fight more frequently, same day weigh in, etc.

But to answer the question, I think Floyd would have clearly lost to Forrest, while all the other ones would've been close. If the De La Hoya fight was at least as close as when they fought in 2007, DLH would've won the decision.
The De La Hoya fight was not close.

The De La Hoya fight was not close.

That was my whole point. If De La Hoya did just that in his prime, he would've gotten the decision anyway.

That was my whole point. If De La Hoya did just that in his prime, he would've gotten the decision anyway.
I see what you are saying now. The scoring in that fight was horrible just like a lot of other recent fights I've watched. They need to start banning these judges for these outrageous scorecards. Paul Williams vs Lara was one of the worst Robberies I've ever seen.

I see what you are saying now. The scoring in that fight was horrible just like a lot of other recent fights I've watched. They need to start banning these judges for these outrageous scorecards. Paul Williams vs Lara was one of the worst Robberies I've ever seen.
i think the judges got suspended after that williams decision. If I remember correctly that happened in atlantic city

i think the judges got suspended after that williams decision. If I remember correctly that happened in atlantic city

Yup all 3 got suspended, but chances are they are free to do main event fights again. One of the corrupt judges from Pacquiao-Bradley was in Mayweather vs Guerrero. Don't they lower their status after something like this? :smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom