Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexander has a broken hand
Mattysse/Garcia lined up
Bradley/Marquez booked
Rios/RoidMan booked

So is it fair to assume it's either Khan or Canrlo in September against Money May

Matthysse beats garcia, dudes simply a horrible matchup for garcia.
Marquez beats bradley in a contested fight, marquez looked great against pacman, bradly not so much again provodnikov.
Pacman beats rios even though I'll want rios to win. And mayweather makes easy work against khan are canrlo.

Is HBO going to air the undercard fights for Froch vs. Kessler?

I'm really interested in watching George Groves. He seems like the next guy to really make some noise in that division.

Last edited:
Garcia better be on his A plus plus game if he wants a shot against Matthysse.  Lucas is going to hurt that kid.  Marquez/Bradley should be interesting for as long as it lasts.  I hope Bradley's corner is smart enough to protect their fighter before it gets bad.  Pacquiao will box around Rios all night.  Only thing that worries me is him coming in against Rios power just like he did with Marquez.  It's said that Alexander will only miss 4 weeks so if that's the case he should be fine for a fall match up with whoever it may be.

Is HBO going to air the undercard fights for Froch vs. Kessler?

I'm really interested in watching George Groves. He seems like the next guy to really make some noise in that division.
They dont they only show the co main event and main event on hbo, hope that helps.

Broner hasnt shown hes a great boxer. he just stands in the pocket and throws. (plus, I havent seen Broner fight anyone who is considered good)

And That was old Lucas. He knows he has to get after it from the gate.

Lucas has a Granite Chin too

again, Im not trying to get ahead of myself but he has someclose characteristics of a variant Roberto Duran

u gfet a chance watch the fight with Ajose Olugson. it should be on youtube.
I liken him to Rocky Marciano.

Great power, stamina seems endless, very underrated defense, feints pretty well with his fists and feet. I wonder if he fought outta of a crouch....

Rock chin as well.

Alexander gets Wiped.

Anyone who considers him a slick Boxer is dead wrong. He gets Hit far too easily & Often.

His defense is non-existent and he doesnt have enough power to stand in and trade.

and as far as heart goes, He's in the same league as Ghost and Ortiz. He gotta show me he can dig deep bc after Bradley, Matthysse & Kotelnik, hes a one trick pony with no plan b.

Last edited:
Alexander gets Wiped.

Anyone who considers him a slick Boxer is dead wrong. He gets Hit far too easily & Often.

His defense is non-existent and he doesnt have enough power to stand in and trade.

and as far as heart goes, He's in the same league as Ghost and Ortiz. He gotta show me he can dig deep bc after Bradley, Matthysse & Kotelnik, hes a one trick pony with no plan b.
I agree and that is why if he fights Floyd next Golden Boy is gonna have to put on a solid undercard to get people to buy.

a fading Sweet Pea Out boxed De La Pollo...

I think FLoyd Woulda beat prime DLH the same way he did.

I'd give Trinidad a shot vs anyone. He'd get outboxed but that Left Hook is the ultimate equalizer

a fading Sweet Pea Out boxed De La Pollo...

I think FLoyd Woulda beat prime DLH the same way he did.

I'd give Trinidad a shot vs anyone. He'd get outboxed but that Left Hook is the ultimate equalizer

Yup, I hope no one says Floyd would do what Hopkins did to Trinidad. Hes not tall and strong enough.

Last edited:
Devon Alexander telegraphs all his punches with those damn grunts.

Yep :lol:

Mayweather would pick Devon apart.

I don't think Devon has faster hand speed than Floyd it just looks that way because of the volume of punches he throws.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
If Cotto fights 9/28 I'd love to see him vs Victor Ortiz or Angulo. If he wants to go up to 160, challenging Quillin in NYC would be big

Any of the opponents listed.............

View media item 422424.

He is not moving to 160, he's small at 154 as it is. He can't fight Canelo just because he's fighting on the East Coast and a few days after Mexican Independence day?

Last edited:
^ Yes. Canelo isn't paying those NYC taxes.

Outside of the Lara/Angulo winner, who is there left at 154? I don't think 160 is out of the question.

^ Yes. Canelo isn't paying those NYC taxes.

Outside of the Lara/Angulo winner, who is there left at 154? I don't think 160 is out of the question.
Kirkland, Smith and that other Mexican people keep dodging. I can't think of his name right now. He has a really weird style. Him and Lara fought to a draw recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom