Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molina? I think he's fighting Smith in July. Whoever wins that should be good by September you would think, so you can throw another name into the hat. Kirkland I'm not even considering. He's priced himself out of a few fights and him and Wolfe are going at it again. Imagine how much he's going to ask for to fight Cotto in New York.

^

Carlos Molina.

Kirkland
laugh.gif
Dude is still suffering the effects from that Ishida KO because he seems to believe he's worth 2 million per fight now.

sick.gif
I don't wanna see Cotto anywhere near Kid Chocolate. He's already too small for 154...

Still think he ends up fighting Canelo. That Sept 28th date is prob all bluff...

Last edited:
Molina? I think he's fighting Smith in July. Whoever wins that should be good by September you would think, so you can throw another name into the hat. Kirkland I'm not even considering. He's priced himself out of a few fights and him and Wolfe are going at it again. Imagine how much he's going to ask for to fight Cotto in New York.
Yeah that's who I was thinking Molina lol. IMO, Lara and Molina both deserve a shot at Canelo. I never bought into the Trout hype. He's good but I don't he is better than Lara or Molina. Both those guys have fought the best at 154. I didn't know Molina was scheduled to fight Smith in July though. You also Vanes Martirosyan out there to.

Y'all like Vanes like that? I've never seen anything special with him. Plus he's another one who had fought nothing but tomato cans, steps up in competition once and looks awful against Lara but then thinks he somehow deserves 7 figures to fight.

He never had any of the governing belts though. He's only had some NABO BS and some WBC silver belt. Doesn't do anything for Cotto to beat him.

JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT/SUPER WELTERWEIGHT (154 POUNDS)
WBO IBF WBA WBC
(e) Zauerbek Baysangurov Ishe Smith (f) Floyd Mayweather Jr. Canelo Alvarez

(e) Lukas Konecny is the WBO interim junior middleweight champion

(f) Canelo Alvarez is WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion

True, but it's just an option. I don't think he really likes to fight taller fighters anyway. Cotto just take his 10 million dollar spanking from Canelo and hang it up just IMO.

Last edited:
^ Yes. Canelo isn't paying those NYC taxes.

Outside of the Lara/Angulo winner, who is there left at 154? I don't think 160 is out of the question.
Would'nt be Surprised if they threw Cotto or Mosley in there with Keith Thurman. Looks like Golden Boy and AL Haymon are trying to build Keith as the  next big thing. KO Cotto or Mosley would look real good on his resume and It would provide some much needed exposure for Keith to the casual boxing fan.

You think Cotto would go back down to welter for that fight?
he is never going back down to 147. EVER

im telling yall now, Thurman or Broner will be fighting mosley at 147 some time this year
laugh.gif

cotto cant fight at 160 he is way to small for the division and nobody that has a title right now that he would beat to make that jump

Would'nt be Surprised if they threw Cotto or Mosley in there with Keith Thurman. Looks like Golden Boy and AL Haymon are trying to build Keith as the  next big thing. KO Cotto or Mosley would look real good on his resume and It would provide some much needed exposure for Keith to the casual boxing fan.
Thurman isn't ready for Cotto yet.  He needs couple more easy fights.  

he is never going back down to 147. EVER

im telling yall now, Thurman or Broner will be fighting mosley at 147 some time this year
laugh.gif

cotto cant fight at 160 he is way to small for the division and nobody that has a title right now that he would beat to make that jump
I agree.  I could see Cotto at a catchweight vs Martinez but that's it.

I think it'll be May/Canelo in Sept @ 154. No other fights for Floyd @ 147, and don't say Khan or Alexander. Neither meets typical criteria for opponent selection.

He walks around somewhere between 170-180 come on :lol:. I'd be surprised if he can still make 154 for much longer.

Last edited:
I'm only asking because I find it strange that there is so much pressure on May to move up and fight him. I always thought you had to go the champs weight class if you wanted the fight, or the bigger draw.

I'm only asking because I find it strange that there is so much pressure on May to move up and fight him. I always thought you had to go the champs weight class if you wanted the fight, or the bigger draw.

It is because he was willing to go up to 154 for De la Hoya and more recently for Cotto. He had to for DLH, because DLH called the shots and Money wanted it bad enough to do so. For Cotto he probably did it as a snub at Pacquiao because Pacquiao weight drained Cotto for their fight. Besides, Cotto is small for a 154 lber anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom