Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to make it happen even if it has to be nosebleeds and I have to sleep in a car.
mean.gif
Fellow jewelry thread frequenter, go it'll be a good time, plus you might win some bread.

Exactly Floyd only picks on low level fighter s or old guys at their tail end LOL what a clown. That is why no one but his Fan Boys respect him. He gets no props from boxing afficionados...it also doesnt help he cant knock anyone down. Anyway he finally took on a legit fighter who is not an old geezer. Win or lose Mayweather is a cry baby in my book.

Btw i aint Black, Filipino or Mexican.
 what does your race have to do with anything? 
laugh.gif

I am trying to make it happen even if it has to be nosebleeds and I have to sleep in a car.
mean.gif
lol From what I here the MGM Grand Garden Arena doesn't have a bad seat in the house.    I'm gonna do all I can to get tickets for my wife and I.  best thing to do is have some one make a bot for when the tickets go on sale.   Also you can get a room at a weekly just a few blocks from the MGM for $150.00 for a week.   

btw, just by Floyd taking this fight, it shows me how little he thinks of Canelo's chances.

Exactly Floyd only picks on low level fighter s or old guys at their tail end LOL what a clown. That is why no one but his Fan Boys respect him. He gets no props from boxing afficionados...it also doesnt help he cant knock anyone down. Anyway he finally took on a legit fighter who is not an old geezer. Win or lose Mayweather is a cry baby in my book.

View media item 433515

How much will nosebleeds run?
probably anywhere from $250.00 to $350.00 a ticket and that's with the tax and parking bs included.  The thing is we need a bot because I tried to get tickets the day they dropped for the Guerrero fight and they sold out within 2 seconds.   They're was tickets for retail price on stub hub the day of the fight but I totally forgot about stub hub until the day before the fight  and I couldn't get a last min baby sitter.
mean.gif
   but that was vs Guerrero lol tickets for this fight are gonna be going for double if not triple on stub hub.      Front row seats that go for $3,500.00 a ticket retail price end up selling for 15 to 20 grand on the reseller market for big fights.  

Vegas is the shadiest city there is IMO, I haven't even been there since I was like 12. But my goal has been to attend a PPV fight in Vegas with one of my best friends. I'm going to see what the price is looking like and go from there. Ive never done this before, so any ideas??

Edit: just read the post above this one, that is insane man :smh: I'm sure there's bots made specifically for this, but it's still going to be hard using it.

Last edited:
Crazy this fight is gonna. I'm excited but at the same time u could see those big $$$ sign all over this.
A question that comes to mind is does canelo deserve this fight?
I say no. He's not impressive and who has he fought. *shrugs

I see it going all 12rds and going to the judges with May winning. Similar to the mosely fight.

Vegas is the shadiest city there is IMO, I haven't even been there since I was like 12. But my goal has been to attend a PPV fight in Vegas with one of my best friends. I'm going to see what the price is looking like and go from there. Ive never done this before, so any ideas??

Edit: just read the post above this one, that is insane man
mean.gif
I'm sure there's bots made specifically for this, but it's still going to be hard using it.
    The best thing we could do to make sure we get tickets at retail is to camp and be the first in line at the MGM's box office.    I just don't have the time to that though.   I'm hoping I can get 2 tickets under $1,000.00 on stub hub. 
mean.gif
If some one knew how to make a bot though they could really come up on these tickets.  

Edit: just read the post above this one, that is insane man :smh: I'm sure there's bots made specifically for this, but it's still going to be hard using it.

The best thing we could do to make sure we get tickets at retail is to camp and be the first in line at the MGM's box office.    I just don't have the time to that though.   I'm hoping I can get 2 tickets under $1,000.00 on stub hub.  :smh: If some one knew how to make a bot though they could really come up on these tickets.  

You know damn well the people who work there, stash away the good seats for themselves. Hmm so what about hotel... Is it better to reserve that first, will the rates go up? What kind of seats are you expecting at or around $1000?

You know damn well the people who work there, stash away the good seats for themselves. Hmm so what about hotel... Is it better to reserve that first, will the rates go up? What kind of seats are you expecting at or around $1000?
I'm trying to get nose bleed seats.  I'm preparing for the worse though.  I might get 2 tickets cheaper then that. You could get a weekly a few blocks from the strip.  There infested with a lot of hookers and junkies but people won't mess with you.  You can look up weekly's in Vegas like the budget suites and see if you would be cool staying at one of them.  If you want to stay on the strip you should book the hotel as soon as you get your tickets to get the room cheaper.  On the Mexican independence day weekend a lot of people come to Vegas.    

Here's a link to the budget suites site where you could book a room in advance.

This site has them for $189.00 for a week.

http://www.budgetsuites.com/

I'm trying to get nose bleed seats.  I'm preparing for the worse though.  I might get 2 tickets cheaper then that. You could get a weekly a few blocks from the strip.  There infested with a lot of hookers and junkies but people won't mess with you.  You can look up weekly's in Vegas like the budget suites and see if you would be cool staying at one of them.  If you want to stay on the strip you should book the hotel as soon as you get your tickets to get the room cheaper.  On the Mexican independence day weekend a lot of people come to Vegas.    

Here's a link to the budget suites site where you could book a room in advance.
This site has them for $189.00 for a week.
http://www.budgetsuites.com/

I think I can do better than that. But thanks, good looking out. I think that's the place my dad and I stayed at in Vegas when I was 12. We walked to get some groceries and came back to our room to make bologna sandwiches. :lol: :smh: you can probably figure out why.

Not going to lie, i am ready for the hype machine for this fight. I am very intrigued. So surprised Floyd agreed to 152lbs. I thought he would try to drain canelo as much as possible. But im sure in negotiations they said $35mil for 150lbs....$40 mil for 152lbs or something like that :lol:

I love that people really think floyd must have picked canelo because he knows he can win....this is the fight everyone asked for....this is probably the biggest fight boxing could make (arguable with manny vs floyd i guess) but what more do you want from him? The guy can't win with some of you.

Canelo has scary power...if floyd can keep up the defense i say he wins by UD after 12. I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the money team, really wonder what they might have saw agains Trout that makes them think Floyd has this fight. But man i can't wait to watch it.

btw, just by Floyd taking this fight, it shows me how little he thinks of Canelo's chances.

mayweatherjudah02.gif

I'm pumped as evidence by my rare post in here. I also want to consider flying in for this one. Sucks because I will be there end of July already.

Does anyone know when these seats will become available? TM?

Not going to lie, i am ready for the hype machine for this fight. I am very intrigued. So surprised Floyd agreed to 152lbs. I thought he would try to drain canelo as much as possible. But im sure in negotiations they said $35mil for 150lbs....$40 mil for 152lbs or something like that
laugh.gif

I love that people really think floyd must have picked canelo because he knows he can win....this is the fight everyone asked for....this is probably the biggest fight boxing could make (arguable with manny vs floyd i guess) but what more do you want from him? The guy can't win with some of you.

Canelo has scary power...if floyd can keep up the defense i say he wins by UD after 12. I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the money team, really wonder what they might have saw agains Trout that makes them think Floyd has this fight. But man i can't wait to watch it.
I am very surprised he took the fight, even at 152. Yea he can never win with some people. I think if Canelo is smart and goes to the body relentlessly than things might get interesting. I do not think it will be easy work but then again Canelo can not take those long breaks in the middle of rounds. Interesting fight still have PBF winning 8-4.

It would be better if you were, then the irrationality of your post would make at least SOME sense
I was at this fight and thought my life was going to end in the stands that night.

Some ppl have all the luck |I

Getting to see the GOAT vs Floyd in person :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Crazy how Canelo is still just 22 years old and is 42-0. Wonder how how his record is going to look by the time he retires

Really Excited about this Fight.I think Canelo has more than a punchers chance in winning this fight. No matter what some people say Floyd has slowed down somewhat. I think Canelo has a legitimate chance of winning if he throws a consistent Jab like De La Hoya did and he focuses on working the body and whenever he gets Foyd on the ropes he throws some crowd pleasing combinations. I honestly believe if the fight is somewhat close Canelo will get the decision. Kind of like how Bradley got the controversial decision against Pacquaio. I will wait and see if I'm going to bet on Canelo after the weigh in though. I hear there is a rumor that Canelo is looking to bring in a Strength and Conditioning coach. If he looks how Marquez looked for the last fight with Pacquaio Im going with Canelo. Also I believe Canelo get a lot hate thrown his way for no reason. He is 22 years old and he has an outstanding resume with very little amateur experience and he is about to fight the best P4P fighter in the world. He hasn't even fully maxed out physically as far as strength and people talking about he should go up in weight to fight GGG, Martinez, and Chavez Jr at 160. I mean he damn near looks like a  chubby extra for a boy band group. Most Boxer at his age nowadays are competing in Headgear trying to make the Olympic Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom