Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh i'm Money supporter you miss understood. He'll fight Manny if he loses cause that would be next logical step. Once Pac got put in a coma the fight was dead and gone unless Money losses. Is he gonna lose to Canelo? Probably not...but if he did I think he takes the Manny fight for the next big payday

:lol: I just wanted to use the .gif.

My bad, didnt mean to make it seem like you were anti-Money.

I heard Garcia vs Matthysse might be on the undercard of Mayweather vs Canelo. 
nerd.gif

I'm usually of the belief that the promoters wouldn't do that but I think that's a great idea to get both of em more public exposure.

Nah. It doesn't make business sense to put that on the undercard. That fight could headline another date and make plenty of money.
Neither fighter is a household name. They would be better off on the undercard of the Mayweather fight. More people would get to see them fight that way. Makes perfect business sense.

I think Showtime pressured Haymon into making it happen. That would be my best guess. Basically they told him find a way to make up for the Guerrero fight or else...
Or else what?
Al Haymon is powerful and all, but from here on out him and his fighters are with Showtime. So if he is negotiating a deal for any of his other fighters, Showtime is not going to be as cooperative if he doesn't make it up to them.
LOL you know better then all of this.

yall will be fine booking a hotel room for awhile, its enough hotel room on the strip or block away. now getting tickets on ticketmaster is another story
laugh.gif

I would check out Hotwire.com for lowest prices hotels. Sure, you don't know which hotel you're paying for until the purchase is finalized but I've never had problems with them before. You would definitely have a nice hotel to stay at.

View media item 433847

Last edited:
Stephen A. was saying that the Mayweather camp wanted to fight Canelo at 147. Did they really think he would agree to that?
laugh.gif
thats not floyds problem , u wanna fight the champ and bring up a 147 pounders name when

you walk around 170 , go to his weight or don't mention his name....canelo not going to 168

to fight ward....so dont expect the cash cow to agree to your terms

Last edited:
thats not floyds problem , u wanna fight the champ and bring up a 147 pounders name when
you walk around 170 , go to his weight or don't mention his name....canelo not going to 168

Lettuce be cereal, Floyd needed this fight a hell of a lot more than Canelo does.

Last edited:

Lettuce be cereal, Floyd needed this fight a hell of a lot more than Canelo does.

Why?

*looks @ Canelo's resume* :nerd:

You cant be serious. Did you not see the 6 fight deal Floyd signed with Showtime. He could Fight whoever he wanted to and that Money is there.

Canelo is only 22 years old, and Floyd is undefeated pound for pound champ del mundo at 36 years old who still has people who want to tarnish his legacy by diminishing his competition. Floyd needed this fight to shut people up. Even if Canelo loses this fight, he will have plenty of opportunities.

Sure, Floyd couldve fought anyone and made dough. He is his own brand/promoter, and regardless who he fought he would be making atleast $35 million. This fight goes beyond money.

Most people won't agree but you're absolutely right.  If Floyd didn't take a big name fight he would always go down as the guy that didn't fight Manny, Canelo, etc.  Of course he may have the undefeated record and a bunch of good fighters on his resume but you'll still hear "Shane was too old" "Marquez jumped weight classes" "Hatton was a bum" etc etc.  Canelo has a tremendous record and has his whole future in front of him, remember this kid is only 22/23.  Canelo will have his fights and make his money regardless.  It's a win-win for both imo though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom