Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors, a double PPV Khan vs Mayweather in the UK. Canelo vs Cotto in the US. The winner will face on Cinco de Mayo 2014 which can finally set the stage for Canelo vs Mayweather. SMH if Glass Jaw Khan gets this Mayweather fight so easy without going through gate keeper Berto.

50 cent says Floyd Practically gives money to people just to be around him without producing at all and that he has no other source of income outside of boxing. Maybe he's just hating or is bitter, but there appears to be some truth to what he said. :nerd:

I remember that, he also said Mayweather Promotions wasn't even a real company and that Floyd's business knowledge wasn't all there. Pacman also said that in negotiations that Floyd was worried about a loss messing up his $ per fight and that it was his only income.

Honestly with all the money he's made since De La Hoya he should be able to retire and live comfortably off of investments. He's handled his own career/promotion excellently so I find it odd that he wouldn't spread his money around but who knows, can't count another man's pockets.

Rumors, a double PPV Khan vs Mayweather in the UK. Canelo vs Cotto in the US. The winner will face on Cinco de Mayo 2014 which can finally set the stage for Canelo vs Mayweather. SMH if Glass Jaw Khan gets this Mayweather fight so easy without going through gate keeper Berto.

Sounds too good to be true. Golden boy won't be that stupid to blow their load on one PPV when just hey just need one of them to headline a PPV.

2 Haymon guys fighting eachother I'll believe it when I see it. ...
seems like old dude who said garcia/Matthysse wouldnt meet regardless was correct.

Post fight, JLeon Love tested Positive for a Diuretic ...

:smh:
Someone posted on the last couple pages already. But he not even good, called it before the Rosado fight. He's going to draw heat to the entire Money Team.

My bad. I didnt see it. was it posted along with info that Love was allowed to be 3 hours late to weigh-in

thats a bad look man. real bad

2nd mayweather fighter to test for something love and Mikey bey. Put your camp under 24/7 testing Floyd if your cleaning up the sport. I didn't hear much this time around if Robert vs Floyd did testing this time. All acess didn't show anything either

2nd mayweather fighter to test for something love and Mikey bey. Put your camp under 24/7 testing Floyd if your cleaning up the sport. I didn't hear much this time around if Robert vs Floyd did testing this time. All acess didn't show anything either
I think they did do the USDA style testing for the fight.    Matthysse vs Peterson isn't random drug testing.    Probably a good thing since Peterson has already tested positive before.

:smh:
Someone posted on the last couple pages already. But he not even good, called it before the Rosado fight. He's going to draw heat to the entire Money Team.

My bad. I didnt see it. was it posted along with info that Love was allowed to be 3 hours late to weigh-in

I don't recall nor do I feel like searching google, but I think he was still overweight for the weigh in. :smh:

Sooo J'Leon Love tested positive for a banned substance, Diuretic Hydrochlorothiazide.  They said it is to help cut weight or used as a masking agent for steroids.  Have to feel for Rosado, had him winning that fight and now finds out Love cheated smh.  Funny how Floyd and co are trying to "clean" up the sport of boxing and then this happens.  It will be interesting to see how they deal with this.

mean.gif
I know I'm late but that's messed up that he went that route for fight

mean.gif

I don't recall nor do I feel like searching google, but I think he was still overweight for the weigh in.
mean.gif
he was 2 hours late for the weight in and still came in 2 pounds over weight. had to come back a hour later just to make it.

So in the future, does this mean any boxer should just show up late for the weigh-in if they can't make weight or may need more than an hour to lose it?  Seems like a loop hole around that.

So in the future, does this mean any boxer should just show up late for the weigh-in if they can't make weight or may need more than an hour to lose it?  Seems like a loop hole around that.
There's a lot of loop holes in boxing that needs to be fixed.   Boxing needs 1 governing body.   Love will be suspended from fighting in Nevada for 6 or so months but he could go fight in another state or country tomorrow.   Boxing needs 1 governing body for all the pros.  1 legit drug testing agency for every fight and the same rules have to apply for everyone. Until this happens there's always gonna be a lot of dirty things going on behind the scenes. Also they need a governing body to review the judges scores.   I can name over 15 or so fights just in the past 2 years that we ruled wrong when the other guy clearly won the fight. 

Also with how they have 10 different titles for every weight class and Golden Boy and Top Rank, boxing's biggest promoters not working  together we are rarely gonna get the 2 best from every division fighting each other.   This is what's wrong with the sport nowadays and this is why boxing has fallen off so much with the casual fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom