Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Mosley beats Cano he hurt Malignaggi but he won't be able to hurt Mosley I see a decision. If Shane loses he should stay retired even though he should have done so after the Margarito fight.

Why doesn't anybody talk about Kell Brook being a possible opponent for Mayweather down the line? He's probably not as big of a name as Khan yet, but he might be in a year or so.

Last edited:
Why doesn't anybody talk about Kell Brook being a possible opponent for Mayweather down the line? He's probably not as big of a name as Khan yet, but he might be in a year or so.
He was suppose to fight Alexander but the fight kept getting pushed back due to the boxers getting injured.   Finally Alexander decided to move on and fight Purdy.   Brook could but I don't think he's even fought in the US yet.    He would have to get a little buzz going outside of the UK to land a fight with Floyd.

Last edited:

He was suppose to fight Alexander but the fight kept getting pushed back due to the boxers getting injured.   Finally Alexander decided to move on and fight Purdy.   Brook could but I don't think he's even fought in the US yet.    He would have to get a little buzz going outside of the UK to land a fight with Floyd.

Yeah I'm aware of that. I think the fact that he's the only other top Welterweight who is unbeaten and not on Top Rank can be a big selling point.

Last edited:
Are you guys saying winner of Matthysse vs Peterson faces Garcia? I bet that only happens if Peterson wins, but not if Matthysse wins.

Al Haymon is going to keep Matthysse and Garcia away from each other for as long as possible. What's more likely is a rematch between Matthysse and Alexander to make Matthysse more credible.

Are you guys saying winner of Matthysse vs Peterson faces Garcia? I bet that only happens if Peterson wins, but not if Matthysse wins.

Al Haymon is going to keep Matthysse and Garcia away from each other for as long as possible. What's more likely is a rematch between Matthysse and Alexander to make Matthysse more credible.
You make a good point.   Could happen but then I'd expect Garcia to get the Mayweather fight even though both are Haymon guys.

Yeah I'm aware of that. I think the fact that he's the only other top Welterweight who is unbeaten and not on Top Rank can be a big selling point.
True but I'd like to see Brook vs at least one guy in the top ten first.   His next fight is a rematch with Carson Jones in the UK on July 13.  He already beat Jones and Jones has 9 losses already
sick.gif
   I guess this is just a stay busy fight since he really has nothing to gain from beating Jones again.

If the Matthysse vs Peterson  fight goes to decision I think Peterson will win but I expect a late rd stoppage win for Matthysse.

You make a good point.   Could happen but then I'd expect Garcia to get the Mayweather fight even though both are Haymon guys.

At some point Mayweather has to face another Al Haymon fighter. I just don't think it will be so soon. Haymon still wants to marinate Matthysse and Garcia to make them look like decent opposition for Mayweather.

At some point Mayweather has to face another Al Haymon fighter. I just don't think it will be so soon. Haymon still wants to marinate Matthysse and Garcia to make them look like decent opposition for Mayweather.
true but if none of the 3 fight each other next Golden Boy's stable is running out of options for these guys.   We could maybe get 1 more fight out of each of them before they would have to match up vs each other.

I think Khan is next in line for Mayweather. Despite his last few performances, he sells. Then in the mean time they will build up Berto, Matthysse, Garcia, and hell maybe even Josesito Lopez.

I agree khan will most likely get mayweather, and may will destroy khan as everyone knows. Khan beat peterson imo and was up on the cards against garcia until he got clipped, imo hes a somewhat worthy opponent. And haymon is in a no win situation with matthysse and garcia fight.

Last edited:
I agree khan will most likely get mayweather, and may will destroy khan as everyone knows. Khan beat peterson imo and was up on the cards against garcia until he got clipped, imo hes a somewhat worthy opponent. And haymon is in a no win situation with matthysse and garcia fight.
I agree I think Khan gets Mayweather next. Golden Boy knows Khan is just one big punch from his career being over and they are gonna want to cash in on him before he loses.    Plus Khan said he wants to retire in his 20's and he's 26 now.   So it makes sense for them to book that fight.   Khan will also help with the ppv buys from the UK.  I'm sure Golden Boy will put on a nice undercard to go along with the main event too.

^^^ Exactly khan is a tremendous athlete but hes no more than a jobber & another win for mayweather. It makes sense if that fights made, but i rather see matthysse are alexander vs flyod. Buy its all politics between top rank & golden boy.

If I'm Mayweather I would let Khan have a few moments. Knowing how delusional he is, he's going to think he deserves a rematch if it goes the distance. Then make a rematch and ice him early. :lol:. That's two fights right there.

Last edited:
If I'm Mayweather I would let Khan have a few moments. Knowing how delusional he is, he's going to think he deserves a rematch if it goes the distance. Then make a rematch and ice him early. :lol:. That's two fights right there.
lol terrible idea, one good punch from khan, believe it or not, could make floyd kiss the canvas, especially if he "lets" khan. The issue I have with top level fights is you really never know if its fixed or not, i mean y was victor ortiz kissing mayweahter after that cheap shot knock out? he wouldve been heated if that was not a reenactment of some sort.

lol terrible idea, one good punch from khan, believe it or not, could make floyd kiss the canvas, especially if he "lets" khan. The issue I have with top level fights is you really never know if its fixed or not, i mean y was victor ortiz kissing mayweahter after that cheap shot knock out? he wouldve been heated if that was not a reenactment of some sort.

Right, Khan has fast hands and can put a hurting on anybody. But with that being said I don't think Floyd will stop him unless they fight a second time. You still need to brawl with Khan to tap his chin, which is something Mayweather refrains from doing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom