Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low KO % doesn't make him a tomato can. He's a gatekeeper at worst. Plus, he's the kind of fighter that has given Broner problems
get the **** out here pro:lol:

nobody wanted to see broner fight the guys at 135 anymore and like everyone has said already everyone at 140 was booked so he skipped to 147 for now and is fighting for a belt

You know I'll always have a soft spot for Paulie :lol: I'll be there rooting him on Saturday night too :lol: :pimp:

Whoever thinks Broner has faced stiffer competition than Garcia is high on something. Garcia maybe flawed but the kid has faced way better quality opponents than Broner.
He has but it doesn't make him better then Broner.   I think it will be a good fight if they fought but since both are Al Haymon guys I wouldn't count on it.  Haymon is gonna do everything he can to keep Broner, Matthysse and Garcia from fighting each other. 

What Paulie had to say at his portion of the press conference today!

Paulie wanted to say Damn Ninja at 1:58 :lol:

This press conference might be more entertaining than the fight itself. There a part of the press conference missing where Paulie address that Jessica chick too. Paulie may not be a great fighter but he sure knows how to entertain.

Last edited:
Is Paulie not considered a tomato can? 4 KOs out of 32 wins

He has notoriously light hands. Has the ability to give people fits with his jab and quick hands though. Great chin too. Wouldn't call him a tomato can at all. Just not cream of the crop. You don't have to knock people out to be considered an above average boxer.

For the Zab fans:

Frank (PHX)

Whats going on with the proposed Judah/Peterson fight? Is that no longer being discussed

Dan Rafael (12:46 PM)

It's not happening. The interst sort of petered out and they are not making it. Judah may instead wind up facing Alvarado in the fall on HBO.

Paulie's punches with two pillows but he's a tough SOB that will give anyone rounds, not too mention he is a fantastic boxer.

I have grown to respect/like him more with his work on Showtime, his knowledge of the sport is fierce and he has never been one to hold back with opinions.

Is Paulie not considered a tomato can? 4 KOs out of 32 wins

He has notoriously light hands. Has the ability to give people fits with his jab and quick hands though. Great chin too. Wouldn't call him a tomato can at all. Just not cream of the crop. You don't have to knock people out to be considered an above average boxer.

I just hope he boxes/ uses his jab the entire fight.

Am in there as well media passes lets see this am hearing also Garcia-Matthysse fight is not going to materialized due to Garcia asking for $4mili.

Am in there as well media passes lets see this am hearing also Garcia-Matthysse fight is not going to materialized due to Garcia asking for $4mili.

Oh course he's asking for that much, that's how much he would make if he gets a fight with Mayweather. But if Matthysse knocks him to another dimension then he won't get the opportunity.

Paulie M is getting over 1 and a quarter million. I think thats about how much Guerrero got for fighting Mayweather.
laugh.gif
He made 3 million.

mean.gif
Garcia wants no parts of Lucas. Maybe 3-4 years from now when he's over 30, but not now.

No one from 147 down should be in a.hurry to face Matthysse.

He isn't the most skilled boxer but he is effective and has a granite chin. Add ro that the most effective puching power in the entire sport right now.

People quick to dismiss him in a fight.vs.Floyd, every opponent has felt his power and been effected by it. That is Nothing to just brush aside

A few weeks ago, I saw a did from Nazeem Richardson talking about Paulie. Said something like he couldn't knock an empty can of soda off a table with a punch. Then explained how Pauline was upset about the statement but went on to explain to Pauline how it is really a compliment. Everyone knows he can't punch, yet he rules up wins and boxes circle around guys, said imagine if he carred some power, he would be an all time great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom