Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

Apparently MCW draft stock has risen..

Suppose it would be directly correlated with Syracuse's success in this year's tournament.

His flaws are just too noticeable for me, particularly having below average handle for someone being looked at as a PG

I can already see the Magic getting the number 1 pick as sit here in CLT. It seems to happy every 10 years or so the Magic pull the number 1 pick and give a new big man. Noel will be next new big man for the Magic and the Bobcats (hopefully Hornets by draft day) will be stuck with the second pick again just like the 04-05 draft with Dwight.

Then the Lakers will acquire Noel from the Magic in eight years. :smokin

Last edited:
I can already see the Magic getting the number 1 pick as sit here in CLT. It seems to happy every 10 years or so the Magic pull the number 1 pick and give a new big man. Noel will be next new big man for the Magic and the Bobcats (hopefully Hornets by draft day) will be stuck with the second pick again just like the 04-05 draft with Dwight.

What would you guys do with Biyombo if you got Noel? They'd need a power forward that can stretch the floor.

He would def be a lottery pick in next years draft

uhm? How you figure that, he would be 24, next years highschool class is tough, would he go over Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari, Aaron or Andrew? Plus you got what might be the best international class ever, Exum, Henzonja.

He wold be STUPID not to declare.

Adonis Thomas in the league, second rounder prob, the league always will take fliers of high pedigree guys even if they underachieve in college.

What would you guys do with Biyombo if you got Noel? They'd need a power forward that can stretch the floor.
Byron Mullens is a RFA, we got plenty of cap room(we'd have to overpay to get a big name but just sayin)

I want Bennett honestly, Mclemore deserves a look but Henderson has been playing alot better as of late and he'll be a UFA this offseason but I'm not sure I want another undersized shooting guard

He would def be a lottery pick in next years draft
4db26bb112d790b56fcaa934bad0b78808828b10.gif

Can't worry about that if you're picking Noel. There's options.

You could either bring Noel along slowly and not play them together (sort of like what Detroit is doing with Drummond and only playing him with stretch 4s - he barely played with Monroe til recently).

You could surround them with 3 good shooters and see if they could make it work offensively. It normally takes 2 smart/good passing bigs to make it work, so I doubt it.

You can also hope that one of them develops a 15 foot jumper. They're both raw, so I doubt it but it is the one change that is possible - Noel has good touch around the rim and is young.

It really hinges on Biyombo's development. Is he a guy worth keeping? I'm not sure if he's shown that yet, although I don't see much of the Bobcats and he's not in a good situation with a terrible offensive team around him.

what do you guys think of Pierre Jackson? i feel like after a lot of team passing up on I.T. and watching him eventually do well in the L will help a lot in Jackson's stock. I also think he's going test very well in the combine, has nate-like athleticism imo.

Pierre's first step quickness would allow him to get past nearly anyone in the league right now, it's that good. Combine that with his great athleticism for his size you have a guy comparable to players like Robinson and Zeke. When the combine rolls around he'll test great and in workouts he will impress some team who will take a flier on him in the second round.

013 PORTSMOUTH INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT PLAYERS
PLAYER
Barone, Kyle
Anosike, O.D.
Berggren, Jared
Booker, Devin
Bowers, Laurence
Boynton, Kenny
Broekhoff, Ryan
Brown, Tyler
Buckner, Reginald
Clanton, Keith
Clark, Ian
Clarke, Rotnei
Clyburn, Will
Cooley, Jack
Cooper, D.J.
Council, Vincent
Covington, Robert
Daniel, Ed
Davies, Brandon
Davis, Dwayne
Dillard, Kevin
Drew II, Larry
Ennis, James
Evans, Chris
Felix, Carrick
Foster, Kevin
Gaddy, Abdul
Galloway, Ramon
Hagins, Jamelle
Holloway, Murphy
Howell, Richard
Hulls, Jordan
Iverson, Colton
Joaquim, Vander
Johnson, Elijah
Jones, Lamont
Kazemi, Arsalan
Kemp, Maurice
Lyons, Mark
Marshall, Anthony
McGruder, Rodney
Motum, Brock
N'Diaye, Aziz
Nix, Derrick
Okoye, Stan
Olasewere, Jamal
Releford, Travis
Richardson, D.J.
Rosario, Mike
Ryan, Colt
Scott, Durand
Seeley, D.J.
Singler, E.J.
Siva, Peyton
Smith, Andrew
Southerland, James
Tapley, Chase
Triche, Brandon
Turner, Elston
Watford, Christian
Wood, Scott
Woods, Tony
Wyatt, Khalif
Yarou, Mouphtaou
https://www.portsmouthinvitational.com/ROSTERS.html

Osh or anyone else...what's the deal with this Giannis Adetokoubo kid from Greece. I've been hearing crazy opinions and comparisons on him.

Wonder if McLemore's timidness the opening game as well as UNC will scare certain top-5 teams away.

Back
Top Bottom