Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

Yup Bruke has been been my favorite player in this draft he has everything you look for in a top PG besides elite athleticism.
What's the difference between Bruke and DJ Augustin when he was at Texas? I can't see Bruke being anything more than an average point guard/ fringe starter in the NBA.

What's the difference between Bruke and DJ Augustin when he was at Texas? I can't see Bruke being anything more than an average point guard/ fringe starter in the NBA.

he's a significantly better passer.

he is a pure PG, in terms of his court vison and passing ability, he has the vision and the IQ to make every pass on the court with a high degree of accuracy, skip pass, pocket pass, he's got everything, he also runs the pick and roll exquisitely ask Mitch Mcgary, , makes excellent read,s plays with a variable pace he allows plays to develop, VERY low turnover rate especially considering how central he is to Michigans offense.

DJ Augustine ran that clogged toilet Rick Barnes offense at Texas, they don't really feature the pick and roll, he didn't show he run a pick and roll and make NBA caliber reads.

Can't stress enough how much the pick and roll decision making effects your draft projection, the whole NBA is built off it, it's the reason Mathew Dellladova and Nate WOlters will get NBA looks despite lacking NBA athleticism.

Last edited:
LaQuinton Ross should ride his wave of good play into the draft right? If there was a year to, this would be it.

Can't guard or really put the ball on the floor. Can't see him getting guaranteed money yet.

Ross will be a lottery pick if he goes in this draft. He's one of the few guys this year that could straight up take over a game when he wanted to. Love him and Thomas's games.

I dont remember LaQuinton "taking over" any games this season. Didnt even know people considered him a first round pick, but lotto :lol:

Did see Katz or someone tweet that scouts were extremely interested in Ross' game before the tournament, and that his performance only strengthened their intrigue.

Ross will be a lottery pick if he goes in this draft. 
roll.gif

Ross will be a lottery pick if he goes in this draft. He's one of the few guys this year that could straight up take over a game when he wanted to. Love him and Thomas's games.
No, no he won't.

Thomas plays no D.. don't know how anyone could be overly infatuated with that. Part of his game. :lol:

I feel like you can plug Dieng in on a team pretty quickly now. Great defensively, he boards, he might be the best interior passer out of all the bigs and he can hit a mid range jumper consistently. Apparently is a sponge, and it shows. I would actually take him in the back end of the lottery this year.

I feel like you can plug Dieng in on a team pretty quickly now. Great defensively, he boards, he might be the best interior passer out of all the bigs and he can hit a mid range jumper consistently. Apparently is a sponge, and it shows. I would actually take him in the back end of the lottery this year.

What do you think about Jeff Withey in comparison to Dieng?

I am not a Withey fan at all. Maybe/probably a 10-15 min backup for defense? I can't see anything more than that, I could see Gorgui being a good starting NBA center.

Struggles against better athletes and size, I really do not think he has any offensive game moving up a level. And KU coaches up their bigs so well, they seem to tap out early.

I am not a Withey fan at all. Maybe/probably a 10-15 min backup for defense? I can't see anything more than that, I could see Gorgui being a good starting NBA center.

Struggles against better athletes and size, I really do not think he has any offensive game moving up a level. And KU coaches up their bigs so well, they seem to tap out early.

Good info. I'd also be curious to see where you'd rank these bigs in this year's draft:

Olynyk
Zeller
Withey
Dieng
Len
Withey

*Who else am I forgetting?

*I also think Mitch McGary is as good as gone.

Back
Top Bottom