Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

You could not pay me to have the 3rd pick in the draft. I feel pretty good about Nerlens and McLemore, after that...you could sell or talk me off of 7 or 8 guys. (And I know some people don't even like McLemore to start with (I do) ). Not saying it's weak, just lacking clarity.

Last edited:
You could not pay me to have the 3rd pick in the draft. I feel pretty good about Nerlens and McLemore, after that...you could sell or talk me off of 7 or 8 guys. (And I know some people don't even like McLemore to start with (I do) ). Not saying it's weak, just lacking clarity.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, but just about every big board I've seen has had Marcus Smart at least 4th.

I don't see the separation between him and the guys 4-10 either, but just what I seem to see.

Confident on McLemore... Oladipo too but there were flashes against Ohio State like a month ago where I begin to doubt him. He had his pocket picked on like 3 straight possessions, and he just looked lost when a quality defender actually got up in his face and challenged him.

I question slightly how he'll do a level up when he doesn't have All-Americans around him (yeah, the NBA obviously has more great players, but there are more great players on OTHER teams as well) like at Indiana... where an opposing team's defensive focus is scattered because you're playing with so many other solid contributors (Zeller, Watford, etc.) while many times playing against inferior competition.

That being said, I would love to cheer for him as a Timberwolf. I like his game. Does a little bit of everything.

Last edited:
I wonder who takes Nerlens. Only reason I ask is because would Charlotte take him? They need offense horribly, and Ben McLemore would provide more of that than Nerlens ever could.

Then Orlando? Maybe a tandem with Vucevic? Are they happy enough with Tobias Harris to look for guard help instead?

Pistons couldn't do it with Drummond AND Monroe, right?

Kings and Hornets? Teaming with DMC or Unibrow?

Suns or Cavs I can see taking him, and I was high on him during the year, but I just don't see him being drafted by a lot of those early teams.

I wonder who takes Nerlens. Only reason I ask is because would Charlotte take him? They need offense horribly, and Ben McLemore would provide more of that than Nerlens ever could.

Then Orlando? Maybe a tandem with Vucevic? Are they happy enough with Tobias Harris to look for guard help instead?

Pistons couldn't do it with Drummond AND Monroe, right?

Kings and Hornets? Teaming with DMC or Unibrow?

Suns or Cavs I can see taking him, and I was high on him during the year, but I just don't see him being drafted by a lot of those early teams.
if i'm most of those teams, you kinda have to take him and "red shirt" him right..

listen to the bill simmons and chad ford BSreport.. they basically throw out that idea and then you get another high pick again next year.. and you have 2 lottery picks coming in after next draft

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, but just about every big board I've seen has had Marcus Smart at least 4th.

I don't see the separation between him and the guys 4-10 either, but just what I seem to see.

He is a consensus Top 5 guy. Some people love him. So not saying he won't be good, but he's just not my cup of tea as a PG.

Nerlens = larry sanders, would not take with the first pick
\

1. Larry Sanders is awesome at basketball

2. The difference between 6-10 and 7 feet is quite significant.

3. Nerlens is better athlete.

If more than 3 guys in this draft end up being better than Larry Sanders I will be surprised, the average fan has so little respect for defense it's crazy. :smh:

Last edited:
How is MCW's stock going to raise after they put him through shooting drills?

His stroke isn't that bad, I think he'll do well in drills but scouts will be in love with his length, speed and quickness he doesn't even need a jumper to be successful.

Not if there good shooters on the wings and that point guard is an elite athlete. Boston won a championship with a PG who couldn't shoot. Rose, Westbrook and Wall are all great and produce wins without solidified jumpers.
Not saying that he won't develop one either but he can still be effective regardless

Last edited:
OKB: Scouting report on Gobert?

Full disclosure I watched two blurry streams, where he played like 10 mins.

Think Javale Mcgee coming out of Nevada, insanely long arms,

the most encouraging thing is that he doesn't seem soft, willing to compete, rebounds needs probably 30 pounds of muscle though.

on offense, has strong hands, he can catch the ball and finish alleyoops which is a huge plus other than that no post up moves to speak of.

Last edited:
Sounds like a two-year project you develop or stash at the end of the lottery. Thanks, man.

From pick #10 on, I like MCW and Dieng a lot.

Think Bennett could potentially be the best player from this draft, he's built perfectly for today's game. For a guy his size to be able to grab a rebound, go coast to coast and finish with contact multiple times is crazy. He also has great range which obviously will only improve. He has a nice handle, is explosive and can beat any 4 one on one. Relentless on the glass especially on offense. He's gotta be a better defender though and stop taking so many threes.

I don't really know what to make of Shabazz I feel like he can either be pretty good if he's willing to change his game because he's not getting 20 shots in the league. He's fat right now,can't shoot off the dribble. A bad defender. a terrible teamate and while he is aggressive on offense he has tunnel vision and makes no plays. What he does have the is that he plays with a illusions of grandeur where he believes he's the best player on the court like the opposite of McLemore. He never backs down at all. Definitely gotta get in the gym though, how are you LESS explosive then you were in high school?

Noel>Bennett>>>>>>McLemore

Depending on who your team has up front I'd honestly consider taking Bennett #1 in this draft. McLemore obviously is good. But he's seems extremely hot and cold. Bennett has a more of an impact on the game. The versatility is apparent.

I see my Magic picking at 1 and picking Noel.

I don't know about this. Our front court is young and showing a lot of promise and Noel's injury bugs me. PG is a bigger need right now but I'm not sold on Smart either. I'd take Burke over Smart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom