Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
indifferent.gif

your probably the guy that thinks the Pistons actually play in Detroit too i bet
eyes.gif

and $100 says if they get the new arena they are proposing downtown with all the other crap they are planning Detroit is def gonna be getting it since downtown would be ridiculous if it happens
sick.gif
IF IT DOES HAPPEN THE ALL STAR WEEKEND WOULD BE HELD IN JOE LEWIS ARENA

indifferent.gif

your probably the guy that thinks the Pistons actually play in Detroit too i bet
eyes.gif

and $100 says if they get the new arena they are proposing downtown with all the other crap they are planning Detroit is def gonna be getting it since downtown would be ridiculous if it happens
sick.gif
You really are remedial aren't you?

The fact that they play in Auburn Hills is even all the more reason NOT for them to host an All Star Weekend. 

Last edited:
:stoneface:

your probably the guy that thinks the Pistons actually play in Detroit too i bet :rolleyes

and $100 says if they get the new arena they are proposing downtown with all the other crap they are planning Detroit is def gonna be getting it since downtown would be ridiculous if it happens :x

IF IT DOES HAPPEN THE ALL STAR WEEKEND WOULD BE HELD IN JOE LEWIS ARENA

i dont see them granting Detroit an all star game anytime soon, could it happen? sure.

but if this thing with the huge downtown arena and surrounding area goes down? they will easily get one.

:stoneface:

your probably the guy that thinks the Pistons actually play in Detroit too i bet :rolleyes

and $100 says if they get the new arena they are proposing downtown with all the other crap they are planning Detroit is def gonna be getting it since downtown would be ridiculous if it happens :x

You really are remedial aren't you?

The fact that they play in Auburn Hills is even all the more reason NOT for them to host an All Star Weekend. 

and why is that...?

just wondering? i could careless if they do or dont, it will happen one of these days regardless :lol: im just asking whats wrong with Auburn Hills now? i dont know much about the area since ive never actually been around in it or around other than going directly to the palace then out. its one of the only cities in Michigan i know nothing about or the area.

That pic is deceiving, the ole go to one part of a city n take a pic n let it represent the whole city trick eh. I can show a picture of a area just as big with 2 story houses and green gas n fences, but they don't shows u that, that doesn't grab peoples attention

That pic is deceiving, the ole go to one part of a city n take a pic n let it represent the whole city trick eh. I can show a picture of a area just as big with 2 story houses and green gas n fences, but they don't shows u that, that doesn't grab peoples attention

Are you for real dawg? Look at Detroit's crime statistics and then come back

Edit: Here I did some research for you

View media item 592118

Last edited:

Yup, Dallas is one of the fastest growing cities in America, more Fortune 500 companies per square mile than NYC and the area right by the state fair looks exactly like that.

Where's the picture's of Saint Louis, Oakland, or Stockton California?

Places that are nearly just as dangerous on a per capita basis.

The NBA put the all-star game in Oakland wouldn't nobody say ****. Hell they just did a few years ago.

People make Detroit out to be hell on Earth. Like I said its struggling but like everything else in the country the media over does it.

I know why but I don't wanna thread derail

Last edited:

The NBA put the all-star game in Oakland wouldn't nobody say ****. Hell they just did a few years ago.

People make Detroit out to be hell on Earth. Like I said its struggling but like everything else in the country the media over does it.

im not gonna even go into it anymore but this ^^^

Are we really having an argument about the crime and economic status of Detroit?

Its bad in Detroit, but not third world country bad like people try to make it seem, the end.

Y'all act like Detroit, particularly as a result of being a Rust Belt city, hasn't been known for being like that for over a decade. Don't they use it in movies as the backdrop to represent post Apocalyptic and otherwise destroyed scenes/eras of time? Why hasn't Portland ever gotten an All Star Game after being in the NBA 40+ yrs, is it the "brothaz don't like cold weather" stereotype?
In 1960, the richest per capita city in America, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, was Detroit.

Today Detroit has filed for bankruptcy, the largest American city to do so. This tragedy is a stark reminder of the unintended consequences of federal legislation that resulted in white flight and caused Detroit's current problems.

Before we examine what truly caused the decimation of one the world’s richest cities, let us review just how rapidly the conditions in Detroit have declined.

Sixty percent (60%) of all of Detroit’s children are living in poverty. Fifty percent of the population has been reported to be functionally illiterate. Thirty-three percent (33%) of Detroit’s 140 square miles is vacant or derelict. Eighteen percent (18%) of the population is unemployed. And 10.6% of Detroit’s 713,777 residents, according to the 2010 U.S. Census, considered themselves white
http://www.policymic.com/articles/4...-s-decline-look-at-40-years-of-federal-policy

Y'all act like Detroit, particularly as a result of being a Rust Belt city, hasn't been known for being like that for over a decade. Don't they use it in movies as the backdrop to represent post Apocalyptic and otherwise destroyed scenes/eras of time? Why hasn't Portland ever gotten an All Star Game after being in the NBA 40+ yrs, is it the "brothaz don't like cold weather" stereotype?
the nba players are the ones who decide where they want to put the ASW? 

OKC is ranked number 9 in crime :lol:
Yep. Not surprisingly it's all right off MLK Blvd. Doing his name proud. Don't see the relevance though unless you thought mentioning that would hurt my feelings or something. I'm not even from OKC, I'm from 90 miles South. OKC also has a major police shortage because we funneled tons of public money to Bennett and his boys for the Thunder and arena/downtown renovations instead of hiring the reported 40-80 more cops they think they need.

As for the all star game, Stern already shut down a local reporter on that idea. Have to have 6,000 hotel rooms (preferably 4 star and up) with around half within walking radius of the arena just to submit a bid. We're not near that yet though local projects should have us there by 2016 but wouldn't matter because NBA players aren't going to stay in these meth *** hotels that I wouldn't even stay in and had to call Hotels.com and get my money back. I also looked at how long much bigger, better cities had to wait like aforementioned Portland never gettting 1 in 40 yrs, Toronto not getting 1 until 20 years, Sactown never getting one, etc. I'm not confident the team would even be here that long

Last edited:

I agree that the amount of negativity Detroit gets is overblown but that doesn't change the fact that the city is in horrible shape. From crime to poverty, it doesn't make sense having a festivity like the all star weekend in Detroit, at least until the city gets back on track.

Last edited:
Yep. Not surprisingly it's all right off MLK Blvd. Doing his name proud. Don't see the relevance though unless you thought mentioning that would hurt my feelings or something. I'm not even from OKC, I'm from 90 miles South. OKC also has a major police shortage because we funneled tons of public money to Bennett and his boys for the Thunder and arena/downtown renovations instead of hiring the reported 40-80 more cops they think they need.

As for the all star game, Stern already shut down a local reporter on that idea. Have to have 6,000 hotel rooms (preferably 4 star and up) with around half within walking radius of the arena just to submit a bid. We're not near that yet though local projects should have us there by 2016 but wouldn't matter because NBA players aren't going to stay in these meth *** hotels that I wouldn't even stay in and had to call Hotels.com and get my money back. I also looked at how long much bigger, better cities had to wait like aforementioned Portland never gettting 1 in 30 yrs, Toronto not getting 1 until 20 years, Sactown never getting one, etc. I'm not confident the team would even be here that long

Shut up. I wasn't even thinking about you when I typed that

There pics like that of everywhere just flipped around sometimes. All they show is palm trees and beaches when they show miami. That **** ain't miami. You gotta go past a damn homeless soup kitchen with people lined up out the door just to get to the triple A.

Amazing coincidence then.

Anyways, Gilbert is trying to get Cleveland the all star game http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/all...ard-with-large-high-definition-model-1.374140

We had a discussion about this on a Thunder board this morning so I had some of these links and quotes on hand. Memphis also has yet to host an All Star Weekend. I just need them to go back to emailing everyone ticketmaster links so I at least think I have a fair shot to get tickets at non rape prices. I was about to pay $450 for nosebleeds to the Saturday night stuff last yr in Houston but got stuck in traffic anyways and ended up just having to watch it in the hotel

Ski Austin, the NBA’s executive vice president of events, told Forbes this weekend that the Toyota Center scoreboard played at least a small role in Houston winning the bid for this year’s game. But more importantly, in order for the Cavaliers to host a future All-Star game, the city of Cleveland will likely need somewhere around 6,000 hotel rooms.

“Teams go into their market and aggregate the various resources we need. A lot of what we ask the teams to do is gather the vendors we need, from the convention center, the arena and somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 hotel rooms,” Austin told Forbes. “Each market has a different way of putting these things together. We then look at the bids that are the most viable and go with that.”

Udonis Haslem's thoughts on the Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade, James Harden "feud"

indifferent.gif
Be quiet 2013s Mark Madsen. To use the chips as a basis of comparison between Wade and Harden at this point when Hardens career is just beginning..... Idiotic.

Last edited:
Championships shouldn't be such a big barometer when comparing individual players, sometimes a guy just has a better team.

Not saying that's the case with Wade/Harden but just in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom