Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anthony davis is a freak of nature 

i think only injuries can stop him

watching him play defense on the perimeter is just stupid

Last edited:
I don't know about him being a "superstar" in terms of marketing and all that. But as far as on-court performance, IDK guys.. I kind of think it's a no-brainer that he'll eventually be one of the most valuable players in the league.

I mean superstar in the sense of being able to single-handedly take over a game and dominate, in the way that guys like LeBron, KD, and CP3 can. As good as he is offensively, I don't know if he's explosive enough to be really dominant. KG in his prime was bigger and more athletic than Davis, so I'm not sure Davis is going be what KG was.
Well most of the guys marketed as "dominant superstars" are perimeter isolation scorers who handle the ball. So no, AD will never be that. And KG wasn't that either.

But Davis is going to end up being an extremely valuable player (whether he gets the 'superstar' label from the public or not) because of his ability to be a huge mismatch offensively while anchoring a team defensively. He's not as explosive or animated as KG, but he can be equally as effective on both ends of the floor.

Garnett's rookie season (age 19): 10.4ppg, 6.3rpg, 1.8apg, 1.6bpg, 1.1spg, .491 fg% on 28.7mpg - 15.8 PER

Davis's rookie season (age 19): 13.5ppg, 8.2rpg, 1.0apg, 1.8bpg, 1.2spg, .516 fg% on 28.8mpg - 21.7 PER

Well most of the guys marketed as "dominant superstars" are perimeter isolation scorers who handle the ball. So no, AD will never be that. And KG wasn't that either.

But Davis is going to end up being an extremely valuable player (whether he gets the 'superstar' label from the public or not) because of his ability to be a huge mismatch offensively while anchoring a team defensively. He's not as explosive or animated as KG, but he can be equally as effective on both ends of the floor.

Garnett's rookie season (age 19): 10.4ppg, 6.3rpg, 1.8apg, 1.6bpg, 1.1spg, .491 fg% on 28.7mpg - 15.8 PER

Davis's rookie season (age 19): 13.5ppg, 8.2rpg, 1.0apg, 1.8bpg, 1.2spg, .516 fg% on 28.8mpg - 21.7 PER

:wow:

My goodness. N.O. is going to be a fun team to watch this year. I honestly had no clue that his #'s were considerably better than KG's at 19 years old. He might not be getting the national exposure he deserves b/c he's in New Orleans, but Anthony Davis might be on a trajectory to greatness.

eek.gif

My goodness. N.O. is going to be a fun team to watch this year. I honestly had no clue that his #'s were considerably better than KG's at 19 years old. He might not be getting the national exposure he deserves b/c he's in New Orleans, but Anthony Davis might be on a trajectory to greatness.
There are no other guys under the age of 24 aside from AD, Rose (assuming he comes back 100%), Beard, and Kyrie that I would build my team around.

eek.gif

Garnett had to overcome playing in a small market as well. He made the jump his 2nd year and became an all star and the rest is history. I can see Davis making the same jump. I think KG avg around 19 ppg his 2nd year, I can see Davis doing the same.

BEST NBA COMMERCIAL EVER CREATED!!!!!!

Man, this video had us at my school dribbling off their knees, under their legs bent back, spinning the ball around their body under their shirt, hitting the slip n' slide (word to NBA Street), and everything....all while trying to be on that beat of course, lol....man I miss being a teenager :smh:

Edit: Yea you guys are rough on Blake in here man. You guys really don't think he is a top PF in the league right now? Not saying the best, but at least up there?

Last edited:
Man, this video had us at my school dribbling off their knees, under their legs bent back, spinning the ball around their body under their shirt, hitting the slip n' slide (word to NBA Street), and everything....all while trying to be on that beat of course, lol....man I miss being a teenager :smh:

Edit: Yea you guys are rough on Blake in here man. You guys really don't think he is a top PF in the league right now? Not saying the best, but at least up there?

:lol:

Shirt all twisted because the ball didn't fully wrap around the body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom