Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better question, what fringe player do you see making the jump to that elite level? Like a Paul George, Blake, Kyrie?

This guy really just said he didn't know who was stronger because he doesn't know who lifts more... Then used shot blocking as the determining factor for strength.....

Lebron James is a damn truck on the court and you think Dwayne Wade is stronger? By the way, just to make your point even more ridiculous, Wade just lost 20 pounds and looks like a crack head. So he's even weaker now SMH
lebrons only a truck when hes in the open court with guards stepping in front of him.  pound for pound, inch for inch i think wade is the stronger player on the court and uses his strengh more consistently, not just when its convenient.  lebron could technically be stronger but what good is it if he doesn't consistently use it.

didn't know he lost weight and as a man who likely doesnt know him personally u probably shouldnt have either

Last edited:

Rose was a top 5 player before he got injured. To put him on the list now is just ludacris. He hasn't played in a while, so he cant be on the list.. Klove ?
I'm assuming he will be close to regular form, given that trainers and players are saying he looks better than he did before he got injured.

Name a player that should be in the 10 over Love.
Rondo should be on the list

Love should be there too based on his on court ability when healthy

Last year there was no doubt that Carmelo is a lower end top 10 player. The main knock people had about him was his laziness on defense but his defense significantly improved and he also developed a little bit as a play maker.

Love, when healthy (which he will be this year) is the best PF in the league and it's not very close. The last healthy season he had, he was averaging 26 and 13 while shooting 37% from deep.

Parker also deserves to be in the discussion of top 10 cause he was the focal point of Spurs' success. His play making was that of a first tier PG and he made plenty of big shots also.
That doesnt explain why Tim Duncan was left out, especially when he severely outplayed Dwight Howard last year.

Better question, what fringe player do you see making the jump to that elite level? Like a Paul George, Blake, Kyrie?

Most likely kyrie. He's the clear cut best player on his team.

I expect him to be even better since he'll be playing a lot of 2 this season

Last year there was no doubt that Carmelo is a lower end top 10 player. The main knock people had about him was his laziness on defense but his defense significantly improved and he also developed a little bit as a play maker.

Love, when healthy (which he will be this year) is the best PF in the league and it's not very close. The last healthy season he had, he was averaging 26 and 13 while shooting 37% from deep.

Parker also deserves to be in the discussion of top 10 cause he was the focal point of Spurs' success. His play making was that of a first tier PG and he made plenty of big shots also.
That doesnt explain why Tim Duncan was left out, especially when he severely outplayed Dwight Howard last year.

If we're talking about last year then you're right, Duncan definitley played better than Dwight. But this is my top 10 for 2013-2014 and given his age I just don't know if Duncan has enough left in the tank to perform at a top 10 level.

If we're talking about last year then you're right, Duncan definitley played better than Dwight. But this is my top 10 for 2013-2014 and given his age I just don't know if Duncan has enough left in the tank to perform at a top 10 level.
Fair enough. He'll do it again this year though, Timmy is the ageless wonder.

View media item 592651
We're honestly two years away from Davis making "the jump", but I'm so excited to see his progression. I just hope he gets the ball enough.

Brow :pimp: :pimp:

He looked very good everytime I saw him this summer, his mid range game is getting very solid and he's put some muscle on.

Kid is definitely a future 1st teamer, reminds me a lot of a KG/Camby hybrid

Neither Harden or Wade are top ten players right now. Wade used to be but his injuries have hindered him. Harden could be in the future but he needs to work on his footwork, midrange and post game. This is what the top 10 should look like:

1) Lebron
2) Durant
3a) Kobe
3b) CP3
5) Rose
6) Westbrook
7) Parker
8)Love
9) Carmelo
10) Dwight

lulz at having a guy in the top 10 that has been out longer than a year after major knee surgery.

View media item 592651
We're honestly two years away from Davis making "the jump", but I'm so excited to see his progression. I just hope he gets the ball enough.

BUT HE'S TOO SKINNY!!!!

He's going to get bodied out there when he plays against David Robinson, Shaq, Wilt, and all the other elite big men in the NBA.

I saw Garnett play when he was still wearing a wolves uniform against the raps and before the game he was shooting around, and I s*** you not, he was the tallest twig I've ever seen, yet he still dominated.

So the five years prior to that when Dwight blew Duncan out of the water should be erased by last season when Dwight comes back from back surgery?

BUT HE'S TOO SKINNY!!!!

He's going to get bodied out there when he plays against David Robinson, Shaq, Wilt, and all the other elite big men in the NBA.

Those criticisms were funny, as if KG didn't start gaining weight till he was 33

Last edited:
I believe these players to be firmly top 10. # 5-10 are interchangeable in my opinion.

1. Bron

2. KD

3. CP3

4. Kobe

5. Dwight

6. Rose

7. Melo

8. Duncan

9. Westbrook

10.Wade

Status
Not open for further replies.