Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a believer in Anthony Davis.

I kind of know what you're saying. I think he'll be very good, particularly defensively, but not sold on the idea he's going to be a superstar.
I don't know about him being a "superstar" in terms of marketing and all that. But as far as on-court performance, IDK guys.. I kind of think it's a no-brainer that he'll eventually be one of the most valuable players in the league.

His skillset on both ends of the floor is just too great for him not to be a high impact player. Defensively he alters shots and grabs rebounds with his length, offensively he's very effective both in the paint and in midrange. Watching him play, there's really no one else in the league like him right now. There are some great PFs, but none who have his talent on offense AND defense.

Imagine if Lamarcus Aldridge was a better rebounder and had DPOY-level defensive ability. That's basically what we're gonna be seeing from Anthony Davis barring injury.

Guy is truly a savant on defense, his timing is unreal and he always seems to be in position. Crazy that he's only been 6'10 since his senior year in HS but he's so coordinated. As DT43 said, he just has to stay healthy and the world is his. Can't wait to see him, Jrue and Tyreke out there running together.

I always thought Anthony Davis reminded me of Joakim Noah. Then I watched him splash 20 footers like Kevin Garnett. So, some combination of those two sounds about right.

:lol: Shaq decided to get into shape after he retired. What a joke, imagine how much better he would've been if he actually took care of his body...

Anthony Davis will be all-nba this year. I expect that KD-like jump from his rookie year to this year. And yes, KG is the most apt comparison to me, hopefully with more nuts offensively though.

If Shaq stayed in Orlando shape his whole career I can only imagine the damage he would have caused. Son had 1 in a billion genetics but its always the mental makeup that makes your destiny.

How is Double r (jadakiss voice) not a top 10 player? the most complete player in the league after lebron, best rebounder and defender at his position and led the league in ast

I don't know about him being a "superstar" in terms of marketing and all that. But as far as on-court performance, IDK guys.. I kind of think it's a no-brainer that he'll eventually be one of the most valuable players in the league.

I mean superstar in the sense of being able to single-handedly take over a game and dominate, in the way that guys like LeBron, KD, and CP3 can. As good as he is offensively, I don't know if he's explosive enough to be really dominant. KG in his prime was bigger and more athletic than Davis, so I'm not sure Davis is going be what KG was.

Last year there was no doubt that Carmelo is a lower end top 10 player. The main knock people had about him was his laziness on defense but his defense significantly improved and he also developed a little bit as a play maker.

Love, when healthy (which he will be this year) is the best PF in the league and it's not very close. The last healthy season he had, he was averaging 26 and 13 while shooting 37% from deep.

Parker also deserves to be in the discussion of top 10 cause he was the focal point of Spurs' success. His play making was that of a first tier PG and he made plenty of big shots also.
That doesnt explain why Tim Duncan was left out, especially when he severely outplayed Dwight Howard last year.

So the five years prior to that when Dwight blew Duncan out of the water should be erased by last season when Dwight comes back from back surgery?
Blew out of the water? Hardly, but even so Tim Duncan was still a top ten player in those years with or without him being above Dwight.

Some of the flashes Anthony Davis showed during the Olympic tryouts and Blue vs. White crap made me believe that he's on his way. Him and Kyrie pretty much dominated those practices/games.

Doubt the Pelicans make the playoffs, but it'll be nice to see everyone on that team healthy for a full season.

I mean superstar in the sense of being able to single-handedly take over a game and dominate, in the way that guys like LeBron, KD, and CP3 can. As good as he is offensively, I don't know if he's explosive enough to be really dominant. KG in his prime was bigger and more athletic than Davis, so I'm not sure Davis is going be what KG was.
 But remember Davis is about 6 years from his prime. I love Anthony Davis I like the KG comparison on D. He will be great guarding the pick and roll because of his athleticism and length and I see him being a great on ball and helpside defender.

Offensively he has great form already. I see him being able to hit the mid range j off of penetration or the P%R like Aldridge and KG. But He reminds me of Dirk in the sense that he doesnt pull the ball so far back on his J like KG and LA. I do think he is quicker and more agile than KG and LA as a result I can see him developing the faceup iso mid range game that dirk has and still have the back to the basket shimmies that work for KG and LA. 

He will never be the 3pt shooter that dirk is (nobody his size prob will) But I can see him being able to create from his faceup game and work with his back to the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom