Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly what dunks are there left to do? We've pretty much seen everything possible at the point. Only reason players have to get creative with dumb props now.

I'd like to see a 3pt shootout and maybe a HORSE competition with stars though (Lebron, KD, Kobe, etc)
That's not true at all.

Hell...Wiggins won the damn high school contest with something that was never pulled off in an NBA contest

Honestly what dunks are there left to do? We've pretty much seen everything possible at the point. Only reason players have to get creative with dumb props now.
There are numerous dunks that we haven't seen in the NBA's dunk contest that people would go crazy over.

The same reason dudes were hype over James White finally entering the dunk contest when he hadn't changed his repertoire in ages. We knew exactly what to expect, but we hadn't seen it on the biggest basketball platform yet. If only he had been able to make the dunks :smh:

Any of those done in the contest by Terrence Ross would have people going nuts

Last edited:

I'd like to see a 3pt shootout and maybe a HORSE competition with stars though (Lebron, KD, Kobe, etc)

:smh:

Obviously you never watched a street ball dunk contest..

JRich, Desmond Mason, Fred Jones, Terence Ross did a handful of those. Only saw about 3-5 that were never done before in the NBA.

The only reason street ball dunks are different are mainly because on every single attempt they jump over people. Same dunks, just jumping over people.

Last edited:
Amare underwent knee surgery this offseason?
eek.gif

Oh knicks

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....toudemire-underwent-knee-surgery-this-summer/

JRich, Desmond Mason, Fred Jones, Terence Ross did a handful of those. Only saw about 3-5 that were never done before in the NBA.

1. Reverse pump over someone holding the ball
2. 360 cradle on self alley
3. 360 between the legs
4. 360 behind the back
5. Self alley Windmill over standing person
6. Under both legs over standing person
7. Under both legs 360

All have never been done in the contest. And that was just after 90 seconds into the vid. Later in the vid there are several more that haven't been done yet like behind the back over a standing person, 360 b/t legs off self oop, etc etc. Again, there are several dunks we haven't seen.

Last edited:
Nobody in the NBA has done the under both legs don't, that like half of TFB can do, much less do it with a 360 or while jumping over someone or after a cartwheel or off of a lob. You got 5'8 Troy McCray doing between the legs off a vert, or even his signature dunk the TMcCray; I saw Von Wafer do it in warmups but never seen it in a dunk contest, or a between the legs 360, much less going the other way like Deron Washington and again smoe of the TFB dudes can do, Werm caught an ft line off the backboard, seen Springs catch a ft line with 2 games no warmup in jheans and AF1 after smoking (also did between the legs with 2 hands backward finish kind of like what Amare did when he was in it), 2 elbows in the rim, one of the Bumlees can dunk 3 balls, between the legs or windmill then arm in the rim I have seen 1 or 2 people do, there's still A LOT we haven't seen in the NBA dunk contest. I havent' seen anyone do the dunk AUT does at 1:50 (seen him do it better before though). He basically jumps 2 feet from outside the paint facing the side of the rim, 360s which leaves him on the otherwise of the rim and dunks it backwards

Man if 1/2 those dunkers knew how to play ball and didn't carry and travel everytime they dribbled, we wouldn't be having this conversation...

I don't care. If I'm a losing team with poor attendance, I give Kenny Dobbs or Air Up There 10 day or minimum deals and put them in when the game is out of hand. Those tickets for the bum status teams aren't expensive to begin with, but I'll buy Bobcats season tickets if I know every time as soon as the game gets out of hand scorewise (early 3rd probably), show time end of benchers come in and AUT is going to cherry pick and catch a 720 or James White is going to get a ft line dunk, etc.

Or sign them before the all star weekend, have them win it in your team's jersey, get some sales and exposure from it, then cut them. profit

Last edited:
I don't care. If I'm a losing team with poor attendance, I give Kenny Dobbs or Air Up There 10 day or minimum deals and put them in when the game is out of hand. Those tickets for the bum status teams aren't expensive to begin with, but I'll buy Bobcats season tickets if I know every time as soon as the game gets out of hand scorewise (early 3rd probably), show time end of benchers come in and AUT is going to cherry pick and catch a 720 or James White is going to get a ft line dunk, etc.

Or sign them before the all star weekend, have them win it in your team's jersey, get some sales and exposure from it, then cut them. profit

Kenny dobbs wasn't scoring at the Texas legends open tryout.

I doubt he could be in position for a break away dunk. Just have him come at halftime

Kenny dobbs wasn't scoring at the Texas legends open tryout.

I doubt he could be in position for a break away dunk. Just have him come at halftime
that wouldn't be a bad idea....

Instead of having dudes do dunks of trampolines, just give these dude a stack and tell em that they have so many minutes to do all the best dunks that they can for a  bigger audience than they will ever see in their lives.

Or, hold team events a couple times a month with a few of the mid tier players on your team hosting, where dudes can show up, and do big dunks in front of a crowd.  Pretty much a team sanctioned streetball event, except with no team players actually playing

^^^ The fact that Bynum has normal hair and doesn't appear to be overweight are probably good signs for Cavs fans. Still though, if his knees aren't right, it doesn't matter how motivated or happy he is to be there.

Can anyone post the interview with Bynum? Dude seems legit happy to be playing with the Cavs...:smokin

you know better

Can anyone post the interview with Bynum? Dude seems legit happy to be playing with the Cavs...:smokin

Your setting yourself up to be hurt

How did you get the impression Bynum is legit happy to be playing with the Cavs, by looking at that picture and his facial expression?

Watch the damn video first :tongue:.

Last edited:
^^^ The fact that Bynum has normal hair and doesn't appear to be overweight are probably good signs for Cavs fans. Still though, if his knees aren't right, it doesn't matter how motivated or happy he is to be there.

Bynum was fat as hell when they introduced him a month ago.

The fact that he took the time out of his busy days to get into shape for the Cavs is like a miracle from God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom