Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troof. But the building of the organization has been amazing. I cannot think of any team drafting players of the caliber of durant westbrook and harden in consecutive year. Truely organic
Hindsight.

You must not remember the Defensive anchor perkins was up until about a year ago. That was a great trade fot them that proppelled them to the finals. Ibaka wouldnt have gotten shine without that trade being made.

The Clippers are so damn overrated. Jared Dudley and JJ Reddick make them contenders now? FOH. Until DeAndre and Blake's improves leaps and bounds from last year, they're still a fringe 2nd round team.

I think Doc will make the Clippers better but he can't help Blake's post game. That's one of the main things holding 'em back.

Just had this discussion with a co-worker. Who had the best Rookie Season of the past 10 years?

By far Lebron.

Last edited:
The Clippers are so damn overrated. Jared Dudley and JJ Reddick make them contenders now? FOH. Until DeAndre and Blake's improves leaps and bounds from last year, they're still a fringe 2nd round team.

forever postseason pretenders.....or reg season fools gold whatever you wanna call it

Not a fan of Melo but he carried the Thuggettes to the playoffs his rookie season when they were the worst team in the NBA prior to drafting him, they also hadn't made the playoffs for like 9 years or something too.

Not a fan of Melo but he carried the Thuggettes to the playoffs his rookie season when they were the worst team in the NBA prior to drafting him, they also hadn't made the playoffs for like 9 years or something too.
While I agree Melo was the biggest reason the team improved, I think "carried" would be too strong of a word. They spent money that summer (Andre Miller, Voshon Leonard, Earl Boykins), Marcus Camby stayed relatively healthy and Nene improved from his rookie year.

Last edited:
KD isnt even in that discusion lol. Some people actually thought al horford should have won that award. I argued Melo probally was. He led rookies in scoring, rebounded well, and led his team to the playoffs. LeBron, Tyreke and Blake Griffin are the other rookies tha come to mind.

Who's overrating them? I don't see anyone (outside of Certified) saying they're a lock to make the WCF or finals. Most Clippers fans realize that they'll be improved under Doc and with the personnel changes, but they won't go any further in the playoffs unless Blake and DJ step up. Hell, even the Clippers themselves know that.

Hard to top Blake's rookie year, unless you decide not to count it because it was a "redshirt" season.

Let me correct myself, I went too far saying LeBron by far. Melo, Chris Paul, Blake and Rose had some great rookie seasons. I might even put Wade in there too based his regular season and his playoff performance that year. He's my man but I don't even remember much about KD's rookie year.

Who's overrating them? I don't see anyone (outside of Certified) saying they're a lock to make the WCF or finals. Most Clippers fans realize that they'll be improved under Doc and with the personnel changes, but they won't go any further in the playoffs unless Blake and DJ step up. Hell, even the Clippers themselves know that.

I didn't say the Clippers will make the WCF or Finals.

I said we're gonna win it all...

View media item 598710

Let me correct myself, I went too far saying LeBron by far. Melo, Chris Paul, Blake and Rose had some great rookie seasons. I might even put Wade in there too based his regular season and his playoff performance that year. He's my man but I don't even remember much about KD's rookie year.
I think Tyreke's Rookie season is underrated. I know he hunted for that 20 5 & 5, but he was pretty efficient and special. Blake was fun to watch and backed it up with production too.

You know Melo was actually was slightly better in all major statistical categories other than assist and steals when compared to Bron. Even more efficient lol. I think you should look up his rookie season, I believe him to be the better rookie. The media though, robbed him of co-ROY

Nikoloz Tskitishvili>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The way they said his name in NBA live when he scored. Nikoloz Tskitishviliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

That's the joke in reference to earlier comments

I'm with you, man. No matter what example you use, hypothetical and what if scenarios in sports are kind of silly and pointless to debate. Take away any player's best attribute and its pretty obvious that they won't be as good. Like, if Ray Allen couldn't shoot he might not be in the league or if Kobe didn't have drive and work ethic, he'd just be another Jason Richardson. And on and on. But they do have those talents and abilities and that's what makes them great, so why even speculate on what they'd be if they were someone else completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom