Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team is very interesting to say the least. Eric Gordon looking like a light skinned kendrick lamar.
Gordon, Reke, Jrue, are there enough balls on the floor?
laugh.gif

So in other words Lebron being a superior athlete has something to do with why he is so good at basketball.

You dont say.

Yes, but those were his words not mine :lol:

He is one of the people that says he is only good because of his size/speed and it he were a guard he wouldn't be. Too many what-ifs for me to think about, lol. I say to just enjoy greatness when you see it :smokin

i'm also giving Austin Rivers one more chance to be a solid role player. Dude cant be any worse than last year. Plus now he's coming off the bench to jack up as many shots as possible instead of being forced to play the PG role.

i'm also giving Austin Rivers one more chance to be a solid role player. Dude cant be any worse than last year. Plus now he's coming off the bench to jack up as many shots as possible instead of being forced to play the PG role.
Set up for the most improved player award, calling it now

Him and Reke coming off the bench right? Brick city and they aint even in NJ

I may get a lot of heat for this.... But I honestly wanna see Center come into the League and Take Over on pure dominance! Like a Blake Griffin with Duncan's Fundamentals

Last edited:
I may get a lot of heat for this.... But I honestly wanna see Center come into the League and Take Over on pure dominance! Like a Blake Griffin with Duncan's Fundamentals
This... I wanna see a dominant center win the MVP award again.. Makes me appreciate how great Hakeem was, dude had amazing footwork (still does).

pimp.gif

This... I wanna see a dominant center win the MVP award again.. Makes me appreciate how great Hakeem was, dude had amazing footwork (still does).

pimp.gif
Agreed it is something the L is lacking. I remember hearing a couple months back that there are fewer 7 footers in the population than in decades past. I def think more than any position centers need to get experience playing in college. to develop fundamentals and moves. Simply because up until that point they were just always taller than everyone. Learning how to become a center with skill is what you learn in college. 

However I feel like it is un cool to be a center. Everyone want to handle the ball and shoot from the outside. I still want to see a great big man enter the league. Maybe Okafor can be the next. But The athleticism  and skill that was displayed by Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, Sampson, Ewing etc. will never be seen again at that position imo.

Agreed it is something the L is lacking. I remember hearing a couple months back that there are fewer 7 footers in the population than in decades past. I def think more than any position centers need to get experience playing in college. to develop fundamentals and moves. Simply because up until that point they were just always taller than everyone. Learning how to become a center with skill is what you learn in college. 

However I feel like it is un cool to be a center. Everyone want to handle the ball and shoot from the outside. I still want to see a great big man enter the league. Maybe Okafor can be the next. But The athleticism  and skill that was displayed by Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, Sampson, Ewing etc. will never be seen again at that position imo.
There is some 7 foot person in Africa that will be the next great center......

Along those same lines...

One of my boys says that if Rose was the same size as Lebron then he would be unstoppable because of the way he attacks.
He says Lebron doesn't have the killer instinct, and if he were D.Rose's size, he would just be a serviceable PG that is good at setting up his teammates.
He says it is due to Lebron being bigger, faster, stronger, higher jumper, etc than everyone else is why he is who he is.

If I had LeBron's size athleticism and skill level I would be borderline one of the best players in the nba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom